Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I Missed One?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
saw what ...
*looks arround
I have no idea what ur talking about ....

now back to the professor ;)

How could you miss him three times :p ? He played the part of Gimli, you know the dwarf :D

I probably only noticed him because I knew who all the actors were in the main roles.

Originally posted by Prophet4Profit
He was my favorite character in the show. I can't decide when Sliders started it's dismal journey into hell in a hand basket... it was either with the death of the prof, or with that whole (i forget the name of that Nazi-like sliding alien race...) storyline.

I liked that actor in other films such as 'Raiders of the Lost Ark' too.

They were called Kromaggs. I liked the Kromagg concept in that one episode when we were first introduced to them, but it was a big mistake to devote the entire season 4 to them. It definitely put the final nail into the Sliders coffin.

I stopped watching halfway through the episode where Quinn was merged. That was the final straw for me.
I really missed the Professor aswell :(

To me the merging of Quinn was not quite the last nail in the coffin... more like dancing on the grave:D

LOL, good point :D

Maybe we should start a list of all the great things Professor Arturo has done in his travels (to stay on topic). Like the penicillin thing and presidential elections.

I have to say that I didn't realise Gimli (in LOTR) was John Rhys-Davies either. He was only about 5ft tall, had a beard and other make-up -- at least that's my excuse.

It was only after I'd seen the film and I found out he was a star -- someone said a 'Sliders' movie would be more likely because of the increased star-profile he would now have -- I thought *he starred in it??* and worked it out.

Originally posted by Asmiley
When he was hypnotised by that watch in the Jack the ripper ep He broke it and so snapped out of it in the nic of time.;)

You know something that's really funny? I've missed that episode EVERY SINGLE time it's aired. I caught the last 10 minutes of it once and I never did get how the professor and Jack the ripper ended up connected. Even if I read about it in the episode guides it's still not the same as having seen it. I didn't see "The Lottery" episode with Wade until a repeat was shown in the 3rd or 4th season.

Originally posted by Asmiley:

When he was hypnotised by that watch in the Jack the ripper ep He broke it and so snapped out of it in the nic of time.

I vaguely remember the Jack the Ripper episode, but I remember it being cool :cool:. The Professor was Sherlock Holmes, I think, or at least a Sherlock Holmes-type character. So, he did most of the work in solving the Ripper's crime. And as a whole, the episode had a cool tone to it while still staying true to the characters and the series :D. Though it kind of sucked--as I recall--that Wade was more of a damsel-in-distress here than in other episodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.