SMG Recent Interview About the "Buffy" Move

Texane

Frelling Wicked
IntelligentX Entertainment reports:

Buffy Pulls Up Stakes
TV Guide OnLine

For the first time, Sarah Michelle Gellar is speaking out about Buffy the Vampire Slayer's move from the WB to UPN. The actress - who raised eyebrows earlier this year when she said she'd quit Buffy if it ever left the WB, only to later retract those remarks - is now setting the record straight about her feelings on the change of address.

"I'm nervous, I'm excited," she told reporters at the Television Critics Association (TCA) press tour in Pasadena, Calif. "UPN has been wonderful. I think there's a new excitement about the show. It's like getting to start fresh." And regarding her earlier comments protesting the idea of a move, she explained: "For five years, we had a home, we had a place where we were supported and we were able to make the show creatively the way we wanted to make it. So, the thought of making a move was scary. Unfortunately, the WB didn't want to make the show the way we wanted to. They didn't give [Buffy creator] Joss [Whedon] what he needed to make the show the way it has to be made." (Read: $$) Meanwhile, UPN announced that Buffy will kick off its sixth season on Oct. 9 with a special two-hour episode.

i think it's fair to say she was a little naive to say what she said about quitting if the show left WB, still it takes courage to come out again and try to sort out her stand-point. I guess UPN kinda wanted her to say something though.. :smile:

Back