Fave season 5 episode.

Maria8475

It goes on.....
Mine was "I was made to love you!" I liked it. The whole Buffy/Spike thing and Joyce dating and acting all teenage......very funny!

Mine had to be The Replacement.
Wow two Xanders how cool is that:cool:

I thought it was a really funny episode....Did you know that his twin in real life (Kelly?) played the "other" Xander:D

The Body

#094 - The Body

The death of Joyce Summers was reported to be the episode that they submitted to the Emmy judges and I have to agree.

Whenever I tell non-Buffy fans about the show following almost minute-by-minute the aftermath of her mother's death, they are impressed that a TV show would tackle the subject with such intensity. After all, most shows go to commercial when someone dies and comes back from the break with the body neatly disposed of and everybody talking about the character in the past tense. I don't ever remember a show treating death this realistically.

The best moment in that show - Buffy vomitting in the hallway. So raw, so shocking and so real.

If you haven't had to deal with the passing of your parents yet count yourself lucky. As someone who put that behind them many years ago, I could recognize the state of shock and feeling that nothing will ever be the same again, that the show conveyed so effectively. Fear, horror and tears without the need for monsters.

I thought most of series 5 was excellent!

I haven't had to deal with a parent dying but I did think that that episode was done really well. Dawn's reaction was pretty realistic too, i thought. The fact that she was at school and she new her friends were watching just vanished, very much like one of those 'and the whole world stopped'. seems like an appropraite reaction.

Kelly's second appearance as Xander

Incidentally, pamie, did you know that in #096 Intervention, that during the fight scene in the lobby of Glory's apartment building when Spike is trying to escape her, that Xander Harris is played by Kelly Donovan?

I don't know why, but for a few seconds of screen time Nick's brother had to stand in for him. When I saw him listed in the credits, it peaked my curiosity, so when I reviewed the tape I looked close and if you do, you can tell it's him at Buffy's side instead of Nick.

Now if I could just get someone to pay me for worthless information I could be rich.

the body was an excellent ep, one of my faves. Triangle was also excellent, the funniest of the season, along with crush and "i was made to love you", which is my fave....

But surely the more emotional you get about an episode the better it was.:rolleyes:

I've got to admit that I've come close to crying a few times with BTVS, and I haven't cryed since I was 6 so it's bloody good acting.

I'll have 2 wait a little bit. But i decided i not going 2 wait 4 BBC 2 2 get of it's @$$ and show the eps quick enuf. I already got box set 1 of season 5 and have ordered vol 2 so i should be able 2 answer my fave eppy pretty quickly:D

Impatient son of a...LOL. I'm going to wait for it to come out on DVD! So it shows that I have patience.

yeah i'm waiting for the DVDs as well... season 3 is on order now, gotta wait a while for season 5 tho... :(

Why does it take them so long, they must have the money and the resources.

Can't pick just one favorite from this season. It really was a stellar season. Crush was definitely a favorite. Dru's return was handled really well. I love the scenes at the bronze. It's strange because that was an episode I was dreding based on spoilers. Fool For Love is my other favorite. How could it not be when it's all about Spike. The flashbacks were great, loved learning about William. The way the episode was cut was really nice too. Great writing and acting all the way around.

it was a great season, i'm enjoying watching the re-runs currently. The duplicate Xander eppy (the replacement) may not have been the best of the season, but it was a good eppy, and for trivia fans it was Nic Brendons real-life twin who played one of the Xander's in this eppy..

I enjoyed Fool for Love; mainly because of the fact that at the end of the episode Buffy was crying on the porch steps because she had found out that Joyce had a 'shadow' and that she would have to have more tests. Spike walked over and sat down next to her and went to rub her on the back to comfort her but ended up tapping her a couple of times and receding his arm back again. I thought that moment was very touching.

But, that is only from the 1st half of the season that i have seen. I'll have 2 wait 4 the 2nd half 2 arrive...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Maria8475 Charmed 26
Maria8475 Buffy 21
Maria8475 Buffy 28
Maria8475 Buffy 26
Maria8475 Buffy 20