Jim Butcher's Dresden Files on TV

No - what that means is that Jim doesn't introduce "minor" characters that aren't there for a reason.

My bad -that 'minor' should've been in quotes. Minor in the sense that - not Harry; but not 'minor' in their role w/in the story.

Butters is a good example.

In my reviews of most of the books, I've made comments about how the novels themselves seem to be constructed almost like a season from a tv show. So you can imagine how eager I am to see the Dresden Files TV series.

So far it looks as though they've only made minor changes to the mythos, but we'll have to see how it all pans out.

Yeah - I was bummed when I found out it got bumped from Summer 2006 to January 2007 - but I'm looking forward to it.

I want to see what they came up with for it. See if it holds true to the story not necessarily follow 'word for word' the book, ya know? :)

I compiled what little information there is about the series for my blog a few weeks ago. There's not much really yet. There have been some name changes (though not Harry's fortunately) and some of the racial details have been adapted to fit the actor cast which makes sense.

The only bit that bugged me was a report that the Blue Beetle had been replaced by a Jeep in the pilot. If true, I think that's a mistake.

The Blue Beetle has been replaced by a Jeep and that was a production/marketing decision. The reason for it was b/c Harry would look like he was climbing out of a clown car (which, while probably accurate, not good for a TV drama) - however, it has been mentioned that the 'Beetle' will have a cameo role in the pilot.

I'm glad they didn't change Harry's name - they had initially thought they'd change it to Erik (after Erich Weiss - aka Houdini) - but they decided to keep it as Harry. Not sure why - unless fan-outcry made them leave it. I believe the original reason for wanting to change it was to distinguish it from Potter, but I think the fans are smart enough to realize there is a difference.

There are a few additional tidbits about the series over on Jim Butcher's message board - http://www.jim-butcher.com/bb - but I'm not sure how much is different from what you already have. ;)

Maybe - but from what Jim Butcher's said - Paul 'captured' the essence of Harry. Which is far more important than matching the 'look'.

And we now have a release date - 21 January 2007!!

SciFi should pick up the advertising soon - get ppl interested, hooked and bombarded w/ adverts for it.

I need to program my DVR to record it. I wanted to about two weeks ago, but for some reason the program guide for SciFi didn't go that far out! ;)

Yeah- I need to set up my VCR and sat-receiver... yeah, I'm still behind the times and don't have a DVR - but - I don't think I can see Sunday's line-up until about Friday - stupid sat-thing.

1 day away! yay!

all I can say is . . . it better be good!

Hey - there must be support somewhere - an ad ran during Law & Order last night. ;)

In 30 minutes I will be watching the Dresdin Files. Very excited and I hope I wont be dissappointed

Glad to see a fantasy series on tv, but I dont think I just watched a dresden files show. A few names in the right places and that was about it. Oh well. I'll keep watching and cross my fingers. Always tough to put a real face to a character so many people have been left to imagine up to this point, and I suppose the actual book plots might be tough to break into 1hr shows, but I have to wonder if anything from the books other than names will make it to the screen.

Back