Favorite sci-fi alien

EmilyH

MN Sci-fi Fan
Who is your favorite sci-fi alien and why?

Hmm...there are so many to choose from. Currently, my favorite alien is Q, if you haven't already guessed that from my signature! He's intelligent and funny, and has a habit of knocking stuffy people from their pedestals (Picard).

I also like Be'lanna Torres, because she's a strong character and knows what she's doing and Tir (from Andromeda, he is so good-looking if you happen to be female).

Trance is also an interesting character, and my favorite color LOL! But we don't know much about her at all. I have this sneaking suspicion that Andromeda is going to drop a bomb about her next season -- that she's a princess, or an incredibly powerful mystic for her species, or something to that effect.

I also used to be a Superman fan, when Lois and Clark was on TV the first time around.

This is a tough one. Don't know if I can pick one alien as favorite. Give it a try though.

Guess I would go with Delenn from Babylon 5. She can be mysterious but also very much in control. Loved the way she faced down the earth fleet sent to arrest Sheridan.

Close 2nd and 3rd would be G'Kar from B5 and Trance from Andromeda.

ooo there's a lot. I like The Nox, Stargate and Species 8475 from Voyager seem interesting.

I think my fave has to be Quark, DS9. He's funny, witty, has some GREAT quotes but can also be VERY sweet and sincere.

:star:

HAs to be the founders (TREK) for me.... They just became a fantastic species... i would have loved to see more about them and their history

My favourite aliens would be the Kzin from Larry Niven's books. Closely followed by the Alien from 'Alien'. But I do like the Klingons from 'Star Trek', and also Species 8475 and The Borg . It is hard to choose a few without it becoming a huge list. The sandworms from 'Dune' by Frank Herbert. Daleks, Cybermen and Sontarans from 'Dr. Who'. The Martians from 'War of the Worlds' by HG Wells. The Asgard and the Nox from 'Stargate SG-1'. Probably more that I will remember later.

TEAL'C Need you ask? Teal'c is an alien or is it only Junior?
If not Teal'c then Mr. Spock.... I like Vulcans! Tuvok, Sarak, ...
Michael Dorn and his Character Worf! Love the Klingons!
Love the Ferengi....Quark, Rom and Nog and Moogie and all the rest... I am glad that Maria and I agree on that. Did you read Armin Shimmerman's novel about Quark? Really goood!

Not counting Teal'c 'cuase i'm not sure of his status (though i think it's just the snake that's an alien...hmmm...) i vote for Rygel from Farscape. Frell but he's a sneaky little S.O.B:upto:

I have to say my favourite alien has to be ALF. Does anyone remember this programme and fluffy alien. He was sooooooooooooo funny.

annette :D

Originally posted by Annette
I have to say my favourite alien has to be ALF. Does anyone remember this programme and fluffy alien. He was sooooooooooooo funny.

Yeah I remember that show I used to really like ALF.:D

But my fave has to be the Asgard from Stargate SG1:cool:

Oh jeez, i haven't thought of ALF in years. i used to have ALF stickers on my TrapperKeeper (and if you remmber trapperkeeprs you're too old)

What may I ask is wrong with ALF? You obviously need a sic sense of humour to enjoy ALF. I must have one(sick sense of humour). I really enjoyed watching him.

Does anyone out there remember "Metal Mickey"? Not an alien of sorts but a metal robot?

Sorry, I just find it highly amusing that you would choose ALF as your favourite alien, nothing against him.

I remember 'Metal Mickey' but I thought that it was awful. Doubt that anyone outside Britain would have seen it, because it wouldn't have got sold. Or would it?

Originally posted by Annette
What may I ask is wrong with ALF? You obviously need a sic sense of humour to enjoy ALF. I must have one(sick sense of humour). I really enjoyed watching him.

Yeah I'm with you Annette...I have been told that I have sick sence of humor and I used to like watching ALF but I have not seen it in years;)

Pam

It's OK, I've stopped laughing now.

Did ALF stand for Alien Life Form?

I've seen it a few times, but it was always shown at odd times, such as 2:30 on a Saturday afternoon.

You're right Dave. It does stand for Alien Life Form and yes it was on at a strange time. I enjoyed it. It always made me laugh. The things he got up to.

I remember ALF! It's been ages since I've seen it. Wasn't there also an ALF cartoon? I have a vague recollection of one (or is it a hallucination)?