storm troopers vs droids

markpud

Former Ascifi.com mod
So for all its faults, i like the battle droids in PM... I've heard that this is going to be covered in Ep II, but who would like to hazard a guess at why they changed to storm troopers by the time of Ep IV??

I read a bit of speculation on this a while ago (can't remember where), but I think (and I agree) that it had something to do with the problems that were present in EP1 where if the command ship was knocked out, they were rendered useless.

There was also speculation about the 'Clone Wars', and the cloning of the Empires 'Super Warrior', and so the birth of the Storm Trooper.

I'm looking forward to it, I want to see much more plot development along those lines. Even though we know what happens in the very end, there is lots that we don't know yet.

For example, my daughter has been given a quiz question to answer. It says "where does Luke Skywalker come from?" I assume they mean Tattooine, but that is not the correct answer, because it hasn't been written yet.

I've just posted this in the Stormtrooper/Clone War thread, but GL has said that this entire issue shall be explored fully in the next film. Why droid armies evolve into Stormtrooper armies shall be told in Episode 2, as it becomes obvious to the Emperor that droids are of no use for fighting.