Best Wheel of Time novel so far?

It seems adding prequel books, or additional books, is the popular thing to do for series. Or maybe it's just the profiting thing to do.

I was expecting to hate New Spring, but I really liked. The original was in a Legends compilation and the full length novel felt like I was getting to know old friends better.

Bit hazy myself now on exactly what happened where, its been a good few years since i last read many of them, but from memory id say The Shadow Rising was my personal favourite. Lots of reasons, I REALLY enjoyed the plot/character development of Perrin and we started to get more of an idea of how Mat would be important, plus how he finally had to start comming to terms with the fact that He WOULD be involved. Finally learning some of the history of groups such as the Tinkers etc. durring the experience that Mat and Rand share.

I remember The Shadow Rising being my favorite, though as I read WoT in the seventh grade I can no longer remember why or even what happend. As someone else has already said, its all just a blur at this point.

I just got finished rereading all ten books, I hate prequels, and I would have to say that the last book is my favorite because it is the most intriguing. Anyone have any thoughts on the city So Harbor and how Mat sees dead people also, pages 766 and 767 of Crossroads of Twilight? Too many questions to answer based on the last book.

I am only up to book 6 so far, but so far the Lord of Chaos and The Fires of Heaven is the books so far for me. I couldn't put down and couldn't stop reading Fires of Heave and with Lord of Chaos its been the same way.:cool:

AUSTIN 3:16

For me it was the first book, the flight from their home, the unbleivable realization of what they were. I was totally captivated and I consider it one of the best stories I have ever read. They went from small town "hicks" to the most important people in the last few centuries in that book, it was an amazing ride.

Rahl

The dragon reborn by far was thr greatest, and everything started going downhill after The Fires of Heaven.

I haven't read any of the others in an age, but New Spring was so much better than the second half of WoT. Basically because he had to fit an entire story into one book. He's a very good writer, but since his wife become his editor he's stopped writing with an aim, he just packs in more and more pointless detail and gets nowhere:(

So, New Spring. But from what I can remember of the series proper, Shadow Rising was the best...

For me it was definitely The Eye Of the World. I know it may sound corny but I've read all the books, with the exception of New Spring, twice and I still get chills when Jordan describes the first time Rand channels. He could have begun and ended the series with that book if you ask me.

-Desiree

best wheel of time, got to to be EotW as thats the one that gets you hooked! am i not right?? reading shadow at the mo whenever i get a spare few mins, fantastic as always. ps thanks for the welcome :)

The first book was for me probably the best. After all,,,it was'nt THE ending, but it was AN ending.... sorta'. I will wait impatiently to see if I am justified in giving plot a chance.

I've read every single one and my impression was that after # 6 the quality of the writing went noticeably downhill. After #9 my loyalty was quite shaken and if not for the major development at its end I would not have even picked up #10. My favorites are #2 and #3-- action packed, fast moving, with fine plots and hints of what is to come.

If there are any true fans out there who have not read #10 yet--skip it. Nothing happens and you'd be better off reading the next one (hopefully)...

My 2 cents

Chefo

I have got to say that the Eye of the World is my favourite... The Dragon Reborn also very very good.. then again I have only read up to book 6 or 7... or was it 8? (can't remember, they all blend into one another). I always seem to get bored and give up at that point :rolleyes:

So far I think book 4, the shadow rising was the best but I have only the first 5.

I have had the chance to read all of the available books and I find it most difficult to even differentiate between them. It seemeth to me that the books run together. Reading these books can be likened to running a marathon --- it goes on, and on, and on, and on.

I do not have a favorite, since I cannot even remember them as individual novels.

Mind you, I am not fond of the series overmuch.

Re: Either book 4 or 5.

omg! i sooo know what you mean. when i finished reading the battle at Dumai's Wells i felt drained, like i'd been there. I love it when a book does that to you! But i have to say the ending of Winter's Heart, the whole cleansing bit (won't say too much to give anything away;)) was absolutely amazing. I understand what people are saying about it being so long and everything, but why are you complaining?!? enjoy it while it lasts, and besides give the guy credit, i mean could any of us actually say we'd be ablt to cope with writing that complex a story?
Sorry im a newly converted WoT fan, filled with the need to preach...ahh well i'll shut up now

Re: Either book 4 or 5.

Kerayi said:
omg! i sooo know what you mean. when i finished reading the battle at Dumai's Wells i felt drained, like i'd been there. I love it when a book does that to you! But i have to say the ending of Winter's Heart, the whole cleansing bit (won't say too much to give anything away;)) was absolutely amazing. I understand what people are saying about it being so long and everything, but why are you complaining?!? enjoy it while it lasts, and besides give the guy credit, i mean could any of us actually say we'd be ablt to cope with writing that complex a story?
Sorry im a newly converted WoT fan, filled with the need to preach...ahh well i'll shut up now
No need to do that Kerayi. Glad to hear that you have converted. I don't have one single favourite - they are all great books as far as I am concerned. I certainly am not complaining. Just hanging on by a thread, waiting for the next publication:)

I know i cant wait for the next book either!

But it might be a while before i get a chance to read it. I just got my reading list for uni and its really long :(

hmmm....WoT.....or uni books.....:D

I just read (actually listened to, on book on CD) the WoT series. I've always been a big fantasy reader, but was always intimidated by the size of the WoT. Once I started it didn't take long for me to finish. I went from book 1 to book 10 in about 3 months(including New Spring). I am glad to recognize that many others found amazing the same things I did. 1. The cleansing... AWESOME! (I muttered that to myself about a dozen times after he did it) 2. book 10? what happened? I have even re-read it to figure out if I missed anything. It was like a 700 page extension of book 9.

My fav. of the books though is prolly book 5 (though it's a very tough question) b/c (don't read on if you hate spoilers) it shows that our favorite Emond's Fielders (although Nyeneve is my least fav. Emond's Fielder) can really compete w/ the Forsaken. The mythical awe of Forsaken is shaken, and while still formidable, are now mortal. And I still can't work out who killed Asmodean, which is annoying, but still kinda cool... does that make sense? :p