Best Wheel of Time novel so far?

Ah, must have missed that. Thanks for letting me know, had seen all the theories but didn't realise it had been confirmed.

Mark Robson said:
They all blurred into one for me.
me too but that happens with all my reads
Kerayi said:
omg! i sooo know what you mean. when i finished reading the battle at Dumai's Wells i felt drained, like i'd been there. I love it when a book does that to you! But i have to say the ending of Winter's Heart, the whole cleansing bit (won't say too much to give anything away) was absolutely amazing. I understand what people are saying about it being so long and everything, but why are you complaining?!?
i aggree

i only chose the series because it was long and it would take me more than a day to read it

I thought Dumai Wells (the end of Book 6) was the apex of the series and that the lastest book (11) is the best since then by a fair margin.

But in terms of overall quality of the book I thought Book 4: The Shadow Raising was the best.

i can't for the life of me remember which one it was in...i think it was lord of chaos, but might've been fires of heaven. but its whichever one has the scene at dumai's wells.

From what I've seen so far, I'd have to say that The Eye of the World is the best book. It certainly sets the scene well.

yeah. i agree. eye of the world made me read the next lot and i couldn't put it down. think it went downhill from there tho

Ithink that the last one will be the best!! It is just a feeling of mine. But I don't want it to end, I want it to be like 10 more books:p but it would take a great deel of time though. Do any of you think that he will get his hand back?? I think that he does, becous he can still feel it and to live he has to die. when he does I think that he gets his hand back.

The Shadow Rising is the best book so far as it had three storylines advancing in parallel all tied together satisfyingly at the end. Again, Jordan cribbed the basic ideas from other writers - the Aiel stuff is influenced by Dune, the stuff back in the Two Rivers feels like a reworking of the Scouring of the Shire etc - but the writing was strong and the subplots, such as the split in the Tower, were well done.

Dumai's Wells is the best scene in the series to date, but the book itself was a little overlong.

Crossroads of Twilight is the worst novel in the series to date, easily, and probably one of the weakest fantasy novels published in the last decade. Very disappointing.

I believe the best ones are: Book One: The Eye of the World, Book Two: The Great Hunt, and Book Three: The Dragon Reborn. From there I believe it all goes down hill. I tried to keep up and I did - at least until book six and then I got utterly bored with it and picked up a different type of reading material all together.

Oh yes, I agree about books 2 and 3. I'm still catching up with the Wheel of Time books, but I've heard that Knife of Dreams is more or less as good as the early ones. Anyone agree?

Well I think they are all good, but the first book The Eye of World is my favorite to read, because Rand and his friends are so very unwise and innocent to the ways of the world. In later books, they all change, which has a kind of beauty in its own sense, but is sad that in thier battles for good, they seem to be ignorant of thier own good (or what is good for them) and too involved with politics. Which is a necessary evil, of course, for saving the world, but not something I enjoyed reading. Once the books got to the whole political parts, be it Tar Valon or other places, I just skimmed through.

It seems as tho, once you get past the 3rd book, they lose the sense of journey and awe that comes through originally. Perhaps that is because the characters themselves are tired, I mean, battling the forsaken and the aiel and the other people has got to wear on the soul.

I like stories about journeys and transformation, but after a point nobody seems to transform. They just fight and scheme and control, especially Rand. Which makes it kind of sad to me, because he was such a nice boy.

Oh yes, I agree about books 2 and 3. I'm still catching up with the Wheel of Time books, but I've heard that Knife of Dreams is more or less as good as the early ones. Anyone agree?
Knife of Dreams is definitely much, much faster-paced than the books preceeding it, closer to books 4-6 in terms of having lots of sub-plots, but lots of resolution.

I'm glad to hear it.:) And here's hoping that the last one is one of the best, too.:)
Well there's enough stuff to tie up that I don't think there'll be room for much else if he wants it less than 2000 pages lol! :)

I'd have to say The Eye of the World was my favorite, although Lord of Chaos comes in at a close second.

Well there's enough stuff to tie up that I don't think there'll be room for much else if he wants it less than 2000 pages lol! :)

I hope he will write at least 2000 pages on the final book! I just love to read it... I have counted that I have read over 20 000 pages...LOL that is the serie two times... in a translated verision, and now i am going to read it again but in the original verision:D

My favourite is Eye of the World, followed closely by Dragon Reborn and The Shadow Rising... I was very unhappy with Moiraine's death (technically, she's not dead, but she still isn't there and she is my favourite character)... I stopped with the seventh book, I need a rest.. :)

Eye of the world, then The Great Hunt. But I've only read the first six books.

Commonmind: You loved Lord of Chaos? Was it the drama? I doubt it was the action. There wasn't any 'til the very end. Was there? I stopped reading the series after that book. No disrepect intended. Just wondering what I missed.

The Great Hunt is my favourite. By then we are familiar with the characters and are introduced to more, making it easier to follow.
So far though, there hasn't been one volum that I haven't enjoyed.