B-Movies And Awful Films

The Gorgan 1964, one of Hammers best Horror films.

Hammer made so many terrific Horror and Science fiction films. :cool:

Last edited:
I liked Hammers 1959 film The Mummy. Story, acting ,production, this is a first rate film and , Christoper Lee and Peter Cushing are both at their best in this film. :cool:

The Mummy (2017) which starred Tom Cruise was better than most reviewers said. It had some good action and while it wasn't perfect I'd watch it again some time.

Ive seen it few time since , Id give it about B+. It was interesting seeing Tom Cruise and Russell Crowe in a film together in. Sofia Boutella as the Mummy was quite good.

Plughead Rewired (1994) For some reason matter transporting vehicles* need acres of ducting hose -not sure if the film was a tongue in cheek comedy but it came across as very funny; watched it years ago and would do it again.

*a whadyamacall it truck that lets you drive to anywhere in the world in an instant.

I absolutely LOVED Buckaroo Banzai...they enjoyed poking fun at themselves while making that and it is just general goofy fun.

It should have been start of a major film franchise.

Plughead Rewired (1994) For some reason matter transporting vehicles* need acres of ducting hose -not sure if the film was a tongue in cheek comedy but it came across as very funny; watched it years ago and would do it again.

*a whadyamacall it truck that lets you drive to anywhere in the world in an instant.

I love Plughead Rewired! Watching Vernon Wells chewing the scenery "Welcome to my MIND!" is always fun. The first one is pretty good too.

Track of the Moonbeast 1976 . Man gets hit by meteorite bit which causes he turn in the killer humanoid lizard with really horrible teeth, when there is a full moon .:D

Terror From the Year 5000 1958 had and interesting story idea but the film that was very poorly executed.

The Deadly Mantis 1957 Yes, the mantis looked good but whole premise of this film is downright silly. :DOverall, this a pretty bad film.:)

Last edited:
Beware the Blob 1972 , This was comedy sequel to the original 1958 film . Silly but entertaining.:D

One of those its so bad its good.
Saw Journey To The Center Of The Earth from 1989 the other day. I liked it because it was extremely cluttered, crazily edited, and any plot line that started never got ended. You can miss the events leading up to the ending of the movie as it is presented as a series very short snippets. Almost like someone fast forwarded the ending, occasionally slowing down to regular speed, with fast forwarded parts cut out. This movie has the distinction of being 2 movies tacked together. The first movie, 8 minutes long was made by the original director. The rest of the movie was directed by a second director, Albert Pyun, which he made into a sequel to Alien From L.A., a movie he made the previous year.

One of those its so bad its good.
Saw Journey To The Center Of The Earth from 1989 the other day. I liked it because it was extremely cluttered, crazily edited, and any plot line that started never got ended. You can miss the events leading up to the ending of the movie as it is presented as a series very short snippets. Almost like someone fast forwarded the ending, occasionally slowing down to regular speed, with fast forwarded parts cut out. This movie has the distinction of being 2 movies tacked together. The first movie, 8 minutes long was made by the original director. The rest of the movie was directed by a second director, Albert Pyun, which he made into a sequel to Alien From L.A., a movie he made the previous year.

There a number difference versions Journey to the Center the Earth films . There is 1993 version which has more in common wit At The Earth's Core by Edgar Rice Burroughs then it does Jues Verne novels . It was Syfy movie , It's pretty forgettable .

There a number difference versions Journey to the Center the Earth films . There is 1993 version which has more in common wit At The Earth's Core by Edgar Rice Burroughs then it does Jues Verne novels . It was Syfy movie , It's pretty forgettable .

Was that the Asylum one with the matter-transmitter and the bevvy of well-armed, large-breasted women in sweaty t shirts? Gods! that WAS awful,

I've not seen the JTTCOFT (2008) movie, but its sequel Journey 2: The Mysterious Island starring Dwayne Johnson and Michael Caine is a really fun movie.

The only one I remember as a kid was the James Mason version, which was pretty good. The Rick Wakeman musical version is pretty neat also.

Was that the Asylum one with the matter-transmitter and the bevvy of well-armed, large-breasted women in sweaty t shirts? Gods! that WAS awful,

The film I remember , they had machine which could travel though the earth crust, They encounter the abominable Snowman who's a very being , had bee cast out his community by his own kind for helping a human child. They teaching for the man who invented the prototype each travel machine , , It was one man expedidtionalry force, by one explorer scientist played by F Murray Abraham , I think .

I've not seen the JTTCOFT (2008) movie, but its sequel Journey 2: The Mysterious Island starring Dwayne Johnson and Michael Caine is a really fun movie.

I remember spending most of my time with that one being fascinated by Vanessa Hudgens' rather nice bottom. (I obviously wasn't alone in my fascination, because the director and the cameraman went to a lot of effort to make sure it got more than its fair share of screen time.)

Journey To The Center Of The Earth is a popular title. These seem more like a reuse of the title rather a remake of the movie.

According to wiki:

Journey to the Center of the Earth (1959 film)
A Journey to the Center of the Earth (1977 film)
Where Time Began (1977)
Journey to the Center of the Earth (1989 film)
Journey to the Center of the Earth (1993 film)
Journey to the Center of the Earth (1999 miniseries)
Journey to the Center of the Earth (2008 direct-to-video film)
Journey to the Center of the Earth (2008 theatrical film)
Journey to the Center of the Earth (2008 TV film)

Back