B-Movies And Awful Films

The Land That Time Forgot is a classic B movie , and McClure is a classic B movie actor. I think there was a remake on the Sci Fi Channel, but I didn't bother watching it, so I've no idea just had bad it is. It also appears as one of the movies in Mystery Theatre 3000 which is worth a watch. It's a shame that he sequel 'The People That Time Forgot' wasn't up to much , but the original still stands up fairly well.

Ive seen the People that Time Forgot , godawful film

I loved At The Earths Core with McClure and Peter Cushing . Cheesy but fun to watch .You can see that both actors had a lot a fun doing this film.:D

Ive seen the People that Time Forgot , godawful film

I loved At The Earths Core with McClure and Peter Cushing . That is cheesy but it a fun . You can see that both actors had a lot a fun doing this film.:D

Earths Core is a great film; you can kind of see where they got the inspiration for The Core from! Another good McClure film is Warlords of Atlantis.

Earths Core is a great film; you can kind of see where they got the inspiration for The Core from! Another good McClure film is Warlords of Atlantis.

I think that had John Carter been a hit, we might have reboots of all of this other films. There is a graphic novel in which all of th character from all of Burroughs various ages get together to protect the earth from an Alien Invasion.

Ive seen Warlords of Atlantis , it is a terrific film. :cool:

Boloo!!!

As far as galoos are concerned, McClure's character is refreshingly not neurotic or hampered by anything--he's just the average adventure hero dealing with the situation best he can and the U-boat captain is a good character--plus the woman is a scientist and there's no big deal made of that instead of making some speech about it.
This and AT THE EARTH'S CORE I like the most--although WARLORDS OF ATLANTIS I like as well--but PEOPLE THAT TIME FORGOT is not so good. And McClure is badly utilized there, deviates quite a bit from the source novel apparently.

Boloo!!!

As far as galoos are concerned, McClure's character is refreshingly not neurotic or hampered by anything--he's just the average adventure hero dealing with the situation best he can and the U-boat captain is a good character--plus the woman is a scientist and there's no big deal made of that instead of making some speech about it.
This and AT THE EARTH'S CORE I like the most--although WARLORDS OF ATLANTIS I like as well--but PEOPLE THAT TIME FORGOT is not so good. And McClure is badly utilized there, deviates quite a bit from the source novel apparently.

In film The People That Time Forgot , the producers dispensed with the novel completely and and gave us this reimagined B movie cinema stink bomb.

BETTER.

In all seriousness, while the plot isn't quite as dumb as Martians, the execution is just as cheesy and bizarre, if not more so.

Did it get the Mystery Science 3000 Treatment? :D

Its a great way for a bad film to be truly immortalized.

Back to good films for a minute , Have you ever seen the Diamajin Trilogy of movies? They were made in the mid 1960's by Toho studio in Japan , Fantasy films and, they are very good films Even by today's standards they look pretty damed good.:cool:

Captain Nemo and the Underwater City 1969 staring Robert Ryan and Chuck Conners . It's in B Movie territory but this a very good and underrated film . Ive seen it multiple times and it never gets old. :cool:

In film The People That Time Forgot , the producers dispensed with the novel completely and and gave us this reimagined B movie cinema stink bomb.
I am guessing it was the AIP side that messed with it.
The Amicus co-producer Subotsky wanted to do sword and sorcery-that's why it has some elements of that. Frazetta-style tapestries.
He was going to do a Thongor movie.
David Prowse is the masked executioner in the movie. He was going to be Thongor.

I am guessing it was the AIP side that messed with it.
The Amicus co-producer Subotsky wanted to do sword and sorcery-that's why it has some elements of that. Frazetta-style tapestries.
He was going to do a Thongor movie.
David Prowse is the masked executioner in the movie. He was going to be Thongor.

I wish they had done Throngor .

Its a great way for a bad film to be truly immortalized.

Back to good films for a minute , Have you ever seen the Diamajin Trilogy of movies? They were made in the mid 1960's by Toho studio in Japan , Fantasy films and, they are very good films Even by today's standards they look pretty damed good.:cool:

No, I haven't seen them. I'll have to check them out!

No, I haven't seen them. I'll have to check them out!

They are terrific film , you like them . :cool:

Also

Battle in Space
Magic Serpent
Kwaidon
1965 Japanese ghost story horror anthology film .
Mantago A K A Attack of the Mushroom People , It loosely based on the William Hope Hodgson horror short story A Voice in the Night . Its a really creepy horror film very atmospheric first rate stuff !

all great films ! :cool:

The Day Mars Invaded Earth 1963 A good film , a bit like an extended Twilight Zone episode .:)

Earth vs the Spider 1958 is just another another run of the mill mutant giant arachnid on the rampage movie . The only good thing this film does have is, school janitor Fred Ziffel's brief and unsuccessful last stand against the rampaging giant spider .:D

Last edited:
The Man With The Synthetic Brain 1965. Cinema schlock .

Missile to the Moon 1958 when I saw this movie I had no idea that this movie looked like the place they filmed several Star Trek episodes and the indirect sunlight, the lunar sky is blue. And on this moon there are menacing rock men who look like actors in bad loose fitting sponge rubber costumes and, cheesy looking puppet. like bigeyes giant spiders and pale woman on the moon who have no men. The most memorable bit dialogue in the sill film " Gary stay out of the Sun! " Gary didn't listen of corse and, roasted and, via bad special effects, turned into an anatomy class life-size burned plastic Skeleton. :D

Back