B-Movies And Awful Films

I have always liked B movies or low budget films . That is not the same as rubbish films . Never liked horror and films that involve lots of gore . The films I liked fall in to the B move bracket because of the lack of interest from a wider audience .Films like Stranger than paradise by Jim Jarmusch , and David lynch's Erasherhead . Eraserhead cost $10.000 to make .

And lklets not forget Toxic Avenger . Little Melvin picked on and abused by his classmates, accidentally falls into a vat of toxic waste and morphs into the deformed hulking superhero The Toxic Avenger and pay back all those mean people. He's the first superhero from New Jersey .:D

Sargent Kabukiman NYPD. Another Troma film you have toes to believe.:D

For me it is odd, I saw Plan 9 From Outer Space in a regular theater in 1959. Back in those days were really two many theaters and not enough movies.
So me and my friends did our own MST3K in the 1950s.
Movies like Plan 9 are so bad they are truly funny.
Some films we came to dread are ones where almost nothing happens except for a lot if inane dialog.
I notice MST3K got disgusted the same film that we noticed was boring , Fire Maidens from Outer Space.
It was funny when about 2/3 rds the way through that film the robots were starting to rebel... "When is this movie going to be over!"
Could never watch Fire Maidens twice....

As much as I like Plan 9, Ed Wood was also responsible for one of the worst ever (not so bad it's good, just so bad it's inept, atrocious and utterly pointless). Orgy Of The Dead. A real turd.

Ed Wood needs no excuse, he is the kind of bad forever.
There's a few detailed reviews of Santa vs. Martians in the movie thread...
remember: 'Santa has powers we know nothing about!"

Ed Wood needs no excuse, he is the kind of bad forever.
There's a few detailed reviews of Santa vs. Martians in the movie thread...
remember: 'Santa has powers we know nothing about!"

He would have done very well on MTV as a producer of Music videos.

Ed had as much, or more, talent than the superhero crew, he just had no backing at all.
Imagine sneaking in and 'borrowing' that giant octopus, so drug-addicted Lugosi could wrestle with it
and probably catch pneumonia. If Ed had 500 people to cover his lack of 'talent' like the duperhero people do - he'd be the movie god of all time. Maybe.

Last edited:
Talking of Ed Wood, it's quite an amusing experience to watch Bride Of The Monster and then the Ed Wood biopic (which centres mostly around the making of Bride Of The Monster). The biopic pretty much explains the explosion at the end of Bride :D

Talking of Ed Wood, it's quite an amusing experience to watch Bride Of The Monster and then the Ed Wood biopic (which centres mostly around the making of Bride Of The Monster). The biopic pretty much explains the explosion at the end of Bride :D

With Ed Wood. If he had been born 30 or 40 years later, he would have been successful.

If he had stuck with just being a producer and nothing else , he would have become very successful. I also think he also would have found great success with music videos. The MTV Crowd would have loved him. :cool:

Ed had as much, or more, talent than the superhero crew, he just had no backing at all.
Imagine sneaking in and 'borrowing' that giant octopus, so drug-addicted Lugosi could wrestle with it
and probably catch pneumonia. If Ed had 500 people to cover his lack of 'talent' like the duperhero people do - he'd be the movie god of all time. Maybe.

He died 1978 age 51 broke and homeless . I can't help but feel bad for him.

Rodger Corman did some the great B movies of all time. The best being the Edgar Allen Poe series fo films.m they were well acted , well written and had pretty good overall production values.:cool:(y)

Cyborg 2087 ( 1967) which could be called a precursor to Terminator staring Michael Rene as Cyborg sent back in time to reverent a new technology from coming into being which will result in future totalitarian world. A very good B movie.

Back