B-Movies And Awful Films

The Asylum. I didn't know they did a John Carter mockbuster.
I do like the name for one mockbuster they did--the rip off of I Am Legend and the Omega Man. They called it I Am Omega.

I am surprised though that they got away with using the name The Terminators for a film.
But what is really bad about them is they brag about making bad movies. They take it as a badge of honor if they make a movie people laugh at.
Occasionally I understand they manage to do better--like their version of When A Stranger Calls is allegedly better than the official remake.
And they released an Eric Red movie which is supposed to be decent.

Roger Corman did a Fantastic Four film . Ive seen clips of it looks vey cheesy but I think movie studio should have released , It was made for. 5 million dollars . Even if was not blockbuster the studio might have least gotten it's money back. Maybe it would have become one of those so bad it s good cult films.:)

Princess of Mars 2009. A painful adaptation to watch. Watching this will bring on Lovecraftian levels of madness.

The one with Traci Lords and Antonio Sabato Jr ? Yeah I saw about 5 minutes of that atrocious film.

Cat women on the Moon 1953 this film actually makes Missile to the Moon Look good and that alone is impressive achievement. And Like it successor film the Cat women on the moon also have a giant spider problem only their are theirs are much smaller.:D

The Corman Fantastic Four--it's well-made for a such a rush job--better than the 2005 version.
But it is cheap and the fire fx are bad cgi although not so bad for the time they were done.
The cast was good.

The Corman Fantastic Four--it's well-made for a such a rush job--better than the 2005 version.
But it is cheap and the fire fx are bad cgi although not so bad for the time they were done.
The cast was good.

Even if flopped, it was cheap enough so, at the very least it would have made back it's costs. And , DVD sales would have made it profitable.:)

The Brain Eaters 1958 A mysterious giant metal cone emerges from the ground containing parasitic creatures that attach themselves to person and take over their minds. The film had an interesting story concept but was not that great a film.

The Undead 1957 This film actually has an intriguing premise two scents using hypnosis on a young woman send back in time to pervious incantation who is about executed a witch . Future self saves past self from jail the problem is that in saving the girl about to be executed , here future selves will never exist, so one the sceneries finds way to travel back using the test subject. He put right history.

The Brain Eaters is like a cheap version of Heinlein's The Puppet Masters. Leonard Nimoy has a small role at the end, unrecognizable in old age makeup, but you can tell it's his voice.

From Wikipedia:

After its release, science fiction author Robert A. Heinlein sued for plagiarism, asking for damages of $150,000, claiming that The Brain Eaters was based on his 1951 novel The Puppet Masters. Corman insisted that he was unfamiliar with Heinlein's work, both while reading the script and during the film's production. He did, however, see the obvious comparisons once he read the novel, so Corman settled out of court for $5,000 and acceded to Heinlein's demand that he receive no screen credit, as the author found the film "wanting". The lawsuit that resulted halted actor John Payne's intention of producing a film based on Heinlein's novel.

The Undead is odd enough to be rather endearing. The story goes that the screenplay was originally was supposed to be in blank verse!

The Asylum.
Their version of Sherlock Holmes -- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes -- was on the TV not that long ago. Not bad enough to be good, and not good enough by a long way.

In amongst all the other nonsenses, what I (unfortunately) recall most of all is the time-filling (which used up a lot of time), in particular the "running around through the bushes" scene and the "man slowly going down and then up a cliff while hanging on a rope" scene.

If I hadn't been doing something else while I was (barely) watching the film, I might very well have lost the will to live.

Attack of the Giant Leeches 1959. What can you say about a movie about swamp people being attacked by two stuntmen dressed in bad rubber leech costumes.:D

That the acting of all involved was bloodless...?

Funny, I don't recall any type of acting bloodless or otherwise. :unsure:

What the producers might have considered doing was , dressing those leeches in waterproof black capes .:unsure:;)

The Giant Gila Monster 1959 In this one you have rampaging 70 foot gila monster going around the Texas desert feasting on the locals the locals. So, this teen takes his hot rod car , put nitro in it , tracks down the giant marauding Lizard and sends his car crashing into the monster killing it . It's a pretty silly film with cheap production values but, creepy musical score , it's fun to watch.:D

Attack of the Giant Leeches 1959. What can you say about a movie about swamp people being attacked by two stuntmen dressed in bad rubber leech costumes.:D

What's interesting about this one is the sweaty, sultry, Tennessee Williams feeling to the setting. And the cheating wife in her leopard print underwear.

The Giant Gila Monster 1959 In this one you have rampaging 70 foot gila monster going around the Texas desert feasting on the locals the locals. So, this teen takes his hot rod car , put nitro in it , tracks down the giant marauding Lizard and sends his car crashing into the monster killing it . It's a pretty silly film with cheap production values but, creepy musical score , it's fun to watch.:D

What is most memorable is the hero's horrible songs, particularly and the Lord said laugh, children, laugh with that annoying plink plink plink on the guitar. Of course, my baby she rocks and rolls with the hammering as background is pretty darn bad, too.

I do enjoy the Killer Shrews.
I think it's brilliant.
The hero almost gets killed by the guy who is jealous and the former's reaction as he rubs his jaw is funny --he looks like he is thinking "gee this guy is a real problem."

And then the jump scare with the shrew behind the door.
Even using those dogs--it was a clever way of getting the fx out of it.
And it is a monster siege movie--years before NOTLD.
Shrews and The Flesh Eaters deserve more praise for economical filmmaking.
The latter is shot entirely on a beach.
Omar the beatnik is a memorable character.

What's interesting about this one is the sweaty, sultry, Tennessee Williams feeling to the setting. And the cheating wife in her leopard print underwear.

Attack of the Giant Leeches an Andrew Lloyd Weber musical .:D

Last edited:

Back