Season 6

Koala

dropbearus kickurassis
Here's an excerpt:

"Previous reports from Variety and even Showtime itself indicated that Season Five would be the show's last, though a feature film is on the horizon for the team (story). MGM Television, which owns and distributes the series, is expected to contradict those rumors with an official announcement in the near future."

Here's the link

http://www.scifiguide.net/stargate/news/010629_1.html

S6 info

I have heard it from there and from a couple of other sources I put a lot of trust in.

We are a "go" for season 6.:p

In the US and Canada tonight was the opener for Season 6 and they said nothing about S5 being the last.

Starguide has an interview stating it's a go for 6th season and some resources have confirmed it to me.

We will be having season 6.;)

Let's keep those polite and encouraging letters coming into to Showtime and MGM! I still think they can say they want mores shows and still pull the plug if the ratings are not what they want!

We can always say, "Thank you for renewing my favorite show, Stargate SG-1. Let them know we are alive and watching!"

originally posted by rowan:
We are a "go" for season 6.

YEAH!!!!!! :rolly2: :rolly2: :rolly2: :D

jumping up and down and turning cartwheels!!

thanks for the post rowan.

Originally posted by tatter

YEAH!!!!!! :rolly2: :rolly2: :rolly2: :D

jumping up and down and turning cartwheels!!

thanks for the post rowan.

I'm right there with ya;)

Letters

JSC is exactly right. Keep sending letters, but make them 'Thank you very much' letters.

We worked hard to get their attention. It's only polite to thank them for hearing us.:smilej:

StarGate Future

Hey all,

Anyone here anything about the next season recently?? I haven't seen anything, so thought I'd ask our vast members.

Also I hope everyone has got a jump on things. I know I have. I have written to Showtime, and MGM, telling them how much I love the show and want it to stay for another season. I also wrote to SCIFI and asked them to consider to pick up the show not only on a Rerun basis like I think they are going to have in 2002, but to make new eps also, I added that in my letters to SHOW and MGM also that if they cancel :( then to consider selling the right to someone else like SCIFI. I have stated it before, we cannot wait until the last eps to write into these people, trust me they have made their mind up by then, and it's too late.

Oh and don't forget to get your family, friends, coworkers, everyone to watch this season, lets get those ratings up so it looks like people are interested.

Anyway that's my update and 2 cents.

Please reply here or email me and let me know what you ‘all think, and know.

Vadman

Writing for Season 6

Keep it up, Vadman. We cn't let up the pressure.

There's a list on Yahoo called SOS:SaveOurSG-1 [roughly that] and it's whole purpose is to coordinate this sort of thing.

And believe it or not... sometimes the companies *do* listen. I was a part of the 'Save Star Trek' write in campaign back in 1969 and we not only got 3rd season out of it, but an on-the-air announcement from Desilu-Paramount that it was the fans who helped bring it back.

Of course, this being the days before computers, I couldn't move my writing hand for a month after, but it worked. :D

I too have been searching for news on this matter. Since I have been unable to find any, along with the recent announcement at MGM's Stargate site I have deduced that there is no news for public consumption yet.... however it cant be much longer. Filming for the series has been on summer break with acting to begin again this month, (I believe they took a break after filming Wormhole X-Treme episode 100) Anyway I had recently read that they do not yet have the finale six scripts for season five yet. This is probably because they don't yet know wether they will be transitional scripts to season six, or the build up of the series finale.

Now that they are back to filming again they can't delay those final six scripts much longer, you see it generally takes a week, or so to shoot an episode (at least this is what I have been told) if there are only roughly twenty episodes in a season, and they have already filmed maye half of that already then they can only delay the decision a little bit longer before they have to start shooting the season one way, or the other. We'll get the answer about the same time the actors do, they simply cannot hold off much longer for filming.

It should be very soon now until we know for sure one way, or the other!

shooting schedule

They generally finish the last ep in October and are on hiatus through Feb. It's getting fairly close to the wire.

they have 22 eps a season. and rowan is right, they need to be having those last 6 written sometime in the very, very near future. i mean for tokra it took them WEEKS to build the set.
and we're talking about 12 weeks or so before they'd normally stop taping.

Time Frame...

There's a lot that can be done with edressing the previous sets - lighting changes, etc. and that can help. Also cutting down on the digital special effects will shorten the production time.

The writers work 12 months out of the year and I've got a solid huntch they've got a couple or three already done out just in case... probably a season ender for this year and opener for next and a couple for 6 on top of that. I should say... two season enders, depending on how things go.

I just wish MGM would be a bit more forthcoming.