Highlander Series on DVD

markpud

Former Ascifi.com mod
has been mentioned in a couple of threads, so heres the info from the offical website:
Message Concerning The Best of HIGHLANDERâ„¢ DVD Collection
Due to unforeseen technical issues, the development & availability of the Best of HIGHLANDERâ„¢ DVD Collection has been delayed. We are working to resolve these issues but can not give you a firm delivery date at this time, however, we estimate before the end of this year . We will update you as soon as we can confirm additional information. Obviously, no credit cards have been charged for any pre-orders. We are truly sorry for any inconvenience that this has caused.

Please rest assured that we are dedicated to bringing you the entire legacy of HIGHLANDERâ„¢ on DVD. We estimate that the first season will be released mid 2002.

yep -that's what i read --

it's all they have out for now --

all they've had out for the last 6 months --

yes - the PTB are incredibly slow ---

but - <sigh> we have to put up w/ them - or we have no programming ------ them and the networks ----

MARKPUD! READ THIS!!

http://www.highlander-official.com/

Highlander season 1 on DVD ----

to ship on 10 Dec ---

now - i don't know if it's region specific or not --- or any of that stuff ---

but it IS $129.55 US --- pretty steep, considering SG-1 is like $71.99 US ---

but - it's coming ----------

i've seen the e-mail cheers!

I will of course buy this box set, but theres no way I can afford it (or any dvds) til the new year, so I'll have to wait a little longer...

i know that feeling, markpud! no money - no stuff -- i wanna get it, but gotta pay off huge student loan and credit card bills first -- maybe by the time i can afford it, it'll be cheaper ---- <crossing fingers>

good luck getting HL on DVD, markpud!

can you send me one of those checks too??? ;)

i could use any cash anyone wanted to send my way --

and it looks like we may not get our bonus (b/c they moved our dept for no reason that any of us could see) this year -- really stupid! argh!!!

well ---- have fun! and hope ya get HL on DVD!!

just noticed you've almost caught up my post count, thats some good going for the few short months you've been here, you're not after Asmiley's crown are ya?? ;)

no - not quite that ambitious - yet! ;)

just wanted to hit a nice plateau so i could chill during the holidays -- and say that i, at least, accomplished ONE goal this year! hehe -----

okay -- news from the HL on DVD front --

just got that nifty postcard you get when they want you to buy more stuff --

and here is the price list:

(all prices in US $$)

$129.95

S+H --

US: 9.95
Canada: 13.95
Int'l: 37.00

so-- it's not gonna be cheap --

and i still don't understand why it's $130.00 -- OR why it take them 8 DVD's for 22 episodes -- SG-1 is only on 5; same w/ Buffy, i think --- why 8?? did they add so much to each one that they needed all that extra space??? something about that just doesn't fly ----

here's what comes w/ ---
22 episodes
1 blooper reel
1 behind-the-scenes
1 cd-rom of season one scripts

the scripts are included on the last DVD w/ the last season 1 ep and the bloopers and BTS --- i think - there might just be the cd-rom in the same box as the last DVD -- i dunno - i'm just looking at the picture ----

however - that's the news ----- wish it was better --

i'm still trying to figure out why SG-1 is $70, Buffy is $30 and HL is $130 --- what gives????? ppl will buy all three -- do they have to raise the price on the 'older' stuff?? i'm confused ---- and the PTB suck --

(btw - on the Buffy DVD's -- they're due out in Jan 2002)

jeeesh, $37 for intl shipping :eek: :eek:

I wonder if it comes on a private jet?

I also wonder if the sets will turn on on amazon or anywhere like that for a reasonable price...in the scheme of things I may have to hold off even longer on buying this set at these prices...

PS Buffy R2 disk sets are already out for Seasons 1-3 :)

dunno - but $37 is a lot for S&H --

and from the interview that i read w/ BP about the DVDs - supposedly, they won't be in stores, and will only be available on the HL website -- so - amazon probably won't get them -- dunno - would be nice if they could justify the extra money you gotta spend tho ---

ok - so we figure $70 for the 22 eps - i can deal w/ that, plus, what? about $40 more for the bloopers, BTS, and Watcher Database? so, that's $110, and ok, $20 for the CD-Rom - ok - MAYBE i can live w/ that --- it still seems really steep - esp if they're gonna put the Watcher database on each season - that's gonna be really weird -

oh- and BP said they're expecting to put out one season per quarter ----

so - start saving your pennies ---

and, i'm guessing these are region free DVDs --

and, i don't understand why the PTB for all these shows just refuse to sell DVDs in the US, but they'll sell 'em in Europe and such --- i know it has to do w/ the networks wanting to get more money from making ppl watch on TV - but do they not understand that ppl 'create' their own video collections so they don't have to watch the shows on TV all the time???? arghargh -- PTBs are SO stupid!! they need some HELP!!

<end of rant>

Well people I have bought the 1st season of Highlander on DVD and I have some complaints.

1) It really is not worth the 130.00 considering that all other show seasons are cheaper.

2) The case it comes in is so flimsy that after repeated use it will fall apart. The X-Files case is excellent. Hard cardboard a case in a case.

3) There are only 8 dvds and 3 eppys to each dvd except the last, which contains one eppy, bloopers of the season, behind the scenes look and the scripts cd-rom.

4) Each dvd contains a Watcher Chronicles icon that gives you a biographical and historical information on each episode's Mortals, Immortals, weaponry and the Watchers themselves. The print is so small you can't read it. The starring roles are repeated on every eppy.

5) There is a Slate Icon button where Executive Producer Bill Panzer reminices about the making of each Season One episode. He looks and sounds like hes drunk. It really is boring.

6) Q Icon takes you directly to the Quickening.

7) The cover art on each eppy dvd really SUCKS!

Come on Panzer this is really not worth 130.00. X-Files was only 90.00 and it came with a hell of a lot more than Highlaner did. If you have to have this save your money and then BLOW it on Highlander.

okay - was over at DarkCity's over the weekend (she lives like 25 mins from me) --

saw the HL DVDs - yep - they suck -- (okay - no, we didn't watch 'em - we were watching Angel, but i saw the packaging) - anyway -- the box - total **** - i have posters that are less flimsy.
the cover art? bad doesn't even begin to describe it, i would have said 'scary' - the pics are ridiculous and look 'fake' and the plastic stuff that's supposed to hold the 'bookcover' thing on, is loose and not secured very well - it'll probably fall off w/in the month -

oh - and we discovered that on the bottom of that 'really great' box that ya put the DVDs in - it lists the 'cast' and production info for each season -- and ya wanna know something? the cast list for season 6 is WRONG! it only lists Adrian (and maybe Jim, but i don't remember) -- ummmmmmmmmmm H-E-L-L-O -- Elizabeth Gracen and Peter Wingfield were both added to the opening cast credits for season 6 (tho i can't imagine why, they weren't in enough episodes for it to even matter) --- so, they should have been listed on the box - if that's what they were doing - listing the opening credits

anyway - just further proof that Panzer is an @$$ -- i read an 'interview' w/ him on a couple of my mailing lists and he acted all excited and said that the stuff was supposed to be great and there was so much they were doing to these episodes --- uh - no - i don't think so --

Stargate is much better - the box is great, the cover art is wonderful (tho it's the same on all the boxes - i prefer that to the stupid stuff on the HL ones) -- and the 'features' they include are interesting -- info from the cast and the production staff (who aren't drunk) -- tho, SG-1 has the advantage of having the ppl still nearby for doing this kind of thing -- HL would have to hunt ppl down and piece interviews together -- they should have thought of this stuff ahead of time!!

okay - end of rant --

i think i'll be keeping my videos and not getting the DVDs 'til they're cheaper ----

well pants to it then... if they ever turn up over here at a reasonable price I may consider it.. but they're really not worth the money, esp with the poor production quality you guys are describing :rolleyes:

markpud, check e-bay it will be offered there soon, the price should be better, thats where i will get my second season.