Biggles: Adventures in Time (1986)

Prowler-Pilot

One Winged Angel
Has anyone else seen this?? (please tell me you have)

I don't know about anyone else but I loved this film...granted it's been a couple of years since I've seen it, but I must have watched this film at least 3 times on the telly in the early years of my youth. *oooooh the memories*:rolleyes:
Anyway, if anyone's seen this film, tell me whatchya think! :D

TaTa
07.gif

hi there prowler pilot, i've seen this film but it was ages ago
but i did like it, all that back and forwards through time
...peachy:D

I've been looking for this film on DVD...Alas no such luck as of yet. I don't know how others would view this film but to me it's got a special place in my heart.:cool:

TaTa
07.gif

I saw this one awhile back with my mate, it was a great laugh ;)

A bit cheesy, but still, it was Biggles!! :D ;)

Biggles was a great hero of mine when I was a kid. Still is. So forgive me when I say it was just another American attempt at ruining a great British institution.

Biggles was always a jolly practical sort, but very down to earth.

As corny films go. It was just, well, corny!

I saw this film on television a fews year back and I rather liked it, I wish they had done more of them.(y)

I know it's baed on a series book , which are not available in the US.

With the centenary of WWI its a pity no Biggles film or series has been made. Bring back Wings even.

I used to read and loved the Biggles novels as a Kid.

The film has very little to do with the books, apart from the Character of Biggles, and Ginger, Algie and Bertie, but I absolutely love it, it has a brilliant soundtrack, what's not to love about a bouncy 80's synth song booming out whilst a wide eyed German Flying Ace in his Biplane chases a 1980's Helicopter across the Somme of 1916 "If you can fly a Sopwith Camel, you can Fly Anything!!" Is a line that has stuck with me ever since I first saw the film, quite probably on it's VHS Tape Release, in 1986 or probably 1987, given how long films took to move from the Cinema to Video Rental, to Video Retail back then.

I absolutely love Neil Dickson as Biggles - if they made a "serious" Biggles film, or TV series set during the real Great War, with no Science Fiction Elements such as Time Travel, Neil would make a fantastic Biggles, transferring the same character he played in the sci fi movie over to the serious one. He is actually ageing quite well, so it's possible he could still pull the role off. He was also in a TV Series I loved, but I don't think was widely known back in the 90's Basically it was "American She-Wolf of London" Neil played a Professor who helps his American friend a werewolf on full moon nights, chaining her up - in between they solve all sorts of supernatural mysteries, Zombies, Magic, you name it, I think they even did one at a Sci Fi Convention!
It was set in London, but either the 2nd or 3rd Series was relocated to the US.
She-Wolf of London (TV Series 1990–1991) - IMDb

Wow! :eek: Just been to IMDB to check my facts, I did not realise Neil played the Earl of Uxbridge in Sharpe's Waterloo - I have always thought the guy felt really familiar but never connected him with Neil, and never paid any attention to the credits, he has also done a hell of a lot of Computer Game Voice Acting, including Skyrim.

I actually would love to see him playing the Doctor in Dr Who, I think he could do something with the role, especially now that older Doctors are welcome once more. Though knowing Chibnal we will get an 18 year old teenage girl in a sexy rubber outfit as the Doctor, given how the man thinks. :cry:

Back