Which Mummy movie did you like more and why?

ewlyn

Proud Ringer & HCNB
Personally, I still prefer the original over the second one. I think this is mainly because I missed the bantar in the second film. Too much running around and not enough talking. Also, I miss Benny. Hate to admit it, but I miss him.

Not to say I didn't love the second one. But I love the original just that wee bit more, you know?

I have to say I like Mummy Returns best. It's purely glandular on my part :)

Ardeth Bey has a bigger part in the second movie :naughty:

They were both great movies, action and comedy wise. I do like that Anuk-Su-Namun's character is really brought back in this one, and I adore Alex! He's just such a cutie!!

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? LOL

I just posted information on the prequel... if you're interested. ;)

You love Ardeth!

i liked the mummy returns better.
but the mummy was kewl :)

*gasp* I'm being outnumbered! Nooo!

Seriously though... I'm curious to know what it is about the second one which everyone likes more? Anyone care to comment? :D

Originals rule!

I tend to like the originals best! You get to see how they set the stage for everything that comes later.

I agree. :D

Although the second movie was one of the best sequals I've seen... now just to wait and see what the 3rd one is like...

"I hate Mummies"

I love the scene In Mummy II where Brendan Fraser says "I hate Mummies!" I laughed about that long after I left the theatre.

I was laughing for days to "Are we there yet? Are we there yet?" :D Just thinking about it cracks me up. TMR had some pretty funny scenes.

Are we there yet?

Your right...that scene was hysterical too! That's just what a kid would do! And he did such a great acting job.

He was really good. I'm so tired of kids in films which act like adults. When I first found out he would be in it I was worried he would be too cute. But I loved him. He was a great addition to the film.

The Mummy Returns is the best film i have ever seen. i thought the first one was pretty amazing, but this film just tops it.

Jessa:blpaw:

I liked the past scenes in the mummy returns, especially the fight scene between anak' su namun and nefertiri

so my vote would have to be Mummy Returns

not to say I didn't love the first one 'cause I did :D:D

The reincarnation scenes were cool... but I still like The Mummy more. *g*

Both films were incredibly cool.
The first one was the original. Liked the story, good characters, great special effects.
The 2nd have a lot more content and greater ties to acient egypt (past lives n' such).

Still, I voted for the first one. :)

I can't chose!! The first one was more historically correct, [if a movie can be historically correct] and I liked the premiss. The second one had more of Jonathan, Ardeth and the introduction of the kid. It also had more action. Overall they tie.

Originally posted by Lonewolf89
The second one had more of Jonathan

I actually thought it had less Jonathan. He was overshadowed by the kid.
John Hannah is great, he can do great comedy. (Shame I can't say the same for Donna Air - the woman he has at Rik/Evie's house at the start! ;) )

hey

i liked the 1st one
just somehing about seeing brendan nearly get hanged.........gets me .....>sighs<

no nothing dodgy!

ok, i voted for 'anticipating the scorpion king' but it's already out and i've already seen it. i loved it. we had so much fun seeing that movie. i love the rock and i thought he was pretty good in this. gotta love that eyebrow thing he does :naughty: