Is Boba Fett really that cool?

Solo, free of the carbonite and suffering blindness from hibernation sickness, wildly swung a vibro-ax into an inattentive Fett's rocketpack. The pack activated, and the bounty hunter soared into the air, out of control. The airborne Fett slammed into the side of Jabba's sail barge before tumbling into the Sarlacc's mouth. With a sickly belch from the desert creature, it seemed as if Fett's career as the galaxy's most notorious bounty hunter was brought to an end.

Founf this in a Star Wars magazine I got back in 2006.

Boba Fett's return. Said with a deadpan,"The Sarlacc found me somewhat indigestible, Solo" the fan-favourite bounty hunter bounced back from his onscreen death, leading to a long and rich career in the Expanded Universe.

Just thought it would interest some people.

I think part of the attraction is that he's genetically identical to storm troopers (the original clone pattern, anyway), yet maintains independence.

(He's a clone of his his father Jango, who was the template for the original cloning program)

To quote Peter Griffin: "No way, I'll bet you all my Star Wars guys...except boba fett, no matter how sure I am I never risk the fett man."

So I guess George Lucas always intended Boba Fett to be a Maori, but they didn't have access to the technology at the time...

He has a cool outfit, and he gets added mystique-bonus for seeming to have some kind of history with Darth Vader. So basically his coolness is stolen from his association with a far cooler character.

I wish more of the expanded universe stuff would play on the fact that he's ridiculously inept at the most crucial moments.

Fett, however, stares Vader down when the sith lord is wagging his finger in his face, has a similarly ominous and unreadable mask, and even outright calls Vader out on screwing him if Han doesn't survive the freezing... and he sounds menacing enough in doing so that you know he's got the stones to fight back (as opposed to folding like Lando did). So between that and the cool tricks on his suit, he kind of radiates being a bad ass.

That's my opinion exactly everytime I watch that scene.
And that's why I've always liked Boba better than Vader :rolleyes:

Anyone who flies around in a spaceship that looks like a clothes iron can never be classed as 'cool'.

Perhaps he's moderate, then. I refuse to say he is hot.

I think that Boba Fett's very cool, although they did tarnish that by trying to explain his back story in AOTC. :(

Oh i don't know, His addition to the Special Edition of ANH was quite good. One of the few additions that i enjoyed,

Are you kidding?
1240978527000.png

If you only watch Empire and nothing else, he's cool.

Agreed.

Thought him falling into the worm hole was horrible especially for a character that was supposed to be so feared. I mean..really.

Yeah, that and the fact that he was completely demystified in the PT.

Am I correct in saying he didnt actually die in that pitt? I think i remember reading novels post-ROTJ that mentioned his escape and on going adventures... Been a long while since I read them though

Back