My Fan Fiction => Never Ending Pain

I didn't get any reviews for this part, but I'm still going to post it.

I'm feeling kinda evil right now, so please feel free to react to this part, I'm looking forward to what you have to say!!

~Part 31
Zack’s Perspective

When we get just outside the lab, I take Max ahead of the others. I decided I’m not going to let her out of my sight. I’m not going to let her get caught off by herself, alone, where she could be put into danger. Max and I look over the compound and note where the guards are. There are three on the roof, maybe more. The ground level only has a few guards at the gate. Getting in should be pretty easy. I hear a truck coming in our direction. It appears to have just gotten easier. I tell Max that we will use the truck to get inside and we’ll have Kladu drive it. He’s the only face these people won’t recognize. Max asks if I’m sure that’s a good idea. I tell her that it will work. I have my doubts, but what else am I going to do. We can’t just walk up to the gate and go in. If we fight, then our prescience will be detected by the guards on the roof. Once we start the attack, we have 20 minutes to get in, place the charges, find out what this lab is here for, get the baby, and get out. There isn’t much room for error.

Kladu can’t be stupid enough to not help us get inside. If he’s working for Manticore, he’s going to want to help get us past the gate. It will be easier for them to recapture us that way. If he’s working for someone else, then he’s here because he wants us to succeed, either way, he’ll help us this time. Besides, it will be a good test to see how well I can trust him.
As we run back to the others, Max gets a little bit ahead of me. I take in her beauty as she runs. She has perfect form, and a perfect body. She is a work of art. Any man that can have her heart, is the luckiest man alive. Someday, when this is all over, I hope she’ll be mine.
When we get back to the others, I quickly put these thought out of my mind. I’m on a mission and I can’t let that distract me form the objective. We explain the plan; everyone seems to think that it will work. I forget to mention that Kladu will be the one driving. I figured that that’s something they can find out later. As the truck comes closer, I get in position. I jump on the truck and grab a hold of the driver as it passes by. He swerves the truck and almost hits a tree as he tries to knock me off of him. He then slams on the breaks. I’m almost thrown off, I loose my hold on him, but I manage to stay with the truck. I quickly open the door and pull him out once the truck comes to a stop. As I pull him out, I listen for the soft snap of his neck. When I her it, I throw him to the ground. I’m not going to have to worry about him sneaking up behind me. Max takes care of the other passenger while I holler for Kladu. He comes up to me and tries to tell me something about this being a trap. I ignore what he is telling me. I know it could be a trap, and I’m not going to have him, a civilian telling me what to do. It was bad enough when I had to put up with Logan, I’m not going to put up with him. I can tell he’s nervous about the mission and is probably having second thoughts. I don’t blame him; after all, he’s just a civilian. It’s his fault he got himself into this and I’m not going to let him leave so easily. I’m counting on him right now and he better not screw up. I hand him the ID I took from the driver and told him to get us through the gate. He nodded his head and climbed in the truck. Everyone got in the back. I think they were a bit surprised that I would have Kladu do this, but I knew either way he would cooperate. He had to. When we get to the gate, I listen to make sure he does his job properly. I didn’t want to have to get out of the truck and take out the guards if I didn’t have to.

Kladu got us through the gate fine and he drove us to the spot I told him about. The guards on the roof shouldn’t be able to see the truck from here. There is a nice overhang on the roof. As long as they don’t come all the way to the edge, we should be fine.
I set the clock and motion for the others to move out. From this point on, we have 20 minutes. I hand Tinga and Johndy a bag of charges and take off towards the building. They enter through the nearest door after picking the lock. Jace and Kladu run towards the building and begins to circle around it in the direction away from the gate so they wont be seen. They are supposed to get Jace’s baby, but I still hand them a bag of charges, The bigger the boom, the better.
The rest of us hang back at the truck for a little bit. I’m going to let them get a head start. I pull the rest of the charges out of the van and give half of them to Syl and Kurt. They then run towards the building to set the charges in the right spots. I grab the rest of charges. Between the eight of us, we have enough charges to level this place. I look at my watch, we’ve got 17 minutes until the charges are set to go off. I motion for Max to follow me as we make our way to the fire exit. We’re going to take care of the guards on the roof. We’re going to need them gone if we want to make a clean escape.

I climb up the ladder followed by Max. My heart is beating with fear that something will go wrong. I do the best I can to put the doubts out of my mind, but regardless of how hard I try, those thought still linger.
When I get to the top of the ladder, I see a guard heading in this direction. I take a few steps back down, and motion to Max so she knows what is going on. I motion for her to stay put until I signal otherwise. When the guard gets to the edge of the roof, I propel myself up and fall on top of him. I quickly put my had over his mouth as I hold him down. I was going to see if I could get any information out of him on what was being done at this lab, but I see another guard walking around the corner. I don’t have time to talk to him; I quickly break his neck and drag him around the corner. Max is still on the ladder waiting for me to signal her. As I hear the other guard approaching fast, I pray to the Blue Lady that just this once Max listens to me. My prayer is answered as the guard walks around the corner and I quickly grab him twisting his neck until I hear it snap. I give Max the all clear signal and she comes the rest of the way up the ladder. She joins me on the roof and takes off moving ahead of me. Neither one of us sees the third guard that was up here earlier, and we don‘t have time to look for him, so when we get to our mark, we decide to go inside. We quickly lift up the hatch one the roof and enter the building.

Once we’re inside the ventilation shaft, we’ll be able to move easily throughout the compound. We crawl down to the small tubes inside the building. From here we have access to anything we need. We crawl down the tubes and enter one of the offices. The information we got said this was where all the documents on the lab were kept. It appears that information was right. I see all kinds of files and data inside the room. There is a computer hook up to my left. I could possibly send the files on it to our system. My attention is brought back to the objective at hand when, Max tells me she’s going to look for information on what is being done here while I set the charges. If we can find out anything about what Manticore is up to, we’ll have a better chance of stopping them for good. I set the charges around the office and look at my watch. We’ve got 13 minutes until the charges are going to go off. That leaves us another three to poke around and figure out exactly what is going on here.

I turn to look at Max, her face goes ghost white and is filled with horror. She looks up at me an says, “Zack, you need to look at this, it’s about Logan.â€

Please Review!!!
Let me know what you think, for those of you that want action, it's coming up REALLY soon!

sorry i didnt reply to the previous post,but my computer was not working this weekend.anywayz............teh action scences were well planned out..you are a genious...i want to get to the conclusion real soon before i start school and cant go on the compuer anymore which is in two weeks!! but i really am anxious about this new lead on LOgan..please post more.....and make an exciting ending...at least before i can no longer read it!!!!

Don't worry about not replying, I wasnt' refering to you, I know you don't have much time on-line. I get lazey in my young age and I have a tendancy to cut and past a lot, ...
I'm glad you are enjoying it. I'm looking at the ending coming with in the next five or so parts, so probablly a week.
I'm not sure you're going to like what I did w/ Logan, but it will pump reviews on the other board.

You've got 13 minutes of the story left, not counting a prologue.

~Part 32
Max’s Perspective

I’m sitting in a truck going back to Manticore, back to the evilness of my childhood. This time it’s different though. This time I’m going back to destroy that which took away my childhood, and my love. I was being the good little soldier right now. The soldier that everyone always wanted me to be, but this time I’m doing it for myself, because I want to, I have to in order to destroy Manticore. We’ll beat them at their own game. This time, we’ll all get out of there; we won’t get caught.

I had been the good little soldier since I followed Zack through the forest, and towards the lab. We got ahead of the group and scouted out the area. When we got back, we told the others of our plan and we took over a truck that was coming our direction. We used the truck to get us through the gate. I took out my guy easily, but I still couldn’t understand why Zack would trust Kladu to take the job of driving the truck. Kladu could have turned us in at the gateeasily. Usually Zack won’t take a chance like that. Maybe it was a test, maybe it wasn’t, but with Zack there was always a reason. I just wish I could understand the way he thinks sometimes. Just when I think I know how he’s going to act, he goes and changes on me. I guess it’s not a bad thing, it’s just not the Zack I used to know.

Once we got inside the gate, and we parked the truck, we divided into our groups. Zack handed out the charges and the attack began. The first two groups took off, as we waited for them to get there three minute head start. When it was time for us to go, I followed Zack towards the roof. My body began surge with excitement as I climbed the ladder. When Zack told me to stay put, I could have died. I wanted to get moving and get my revenge. I could barely wait on the ladder until Zack gave me the all clear. I knew he was counting on me to stay put. If he would have waited any longer, I would have been joining the fight. Once he took out the guards and gave me the signal, I climbed up on the roof. There were only two guards laying on the ground; that left us one more to find.
I decided it was time for me to take the lead. I was already tired of following Zack around. It would be a hell of a lot easier if he let us all split up. It would be a hell of a lot faster too.

When we got to the office where we were supposed to set the charges, I started digging through files. Most of the ones I found were just on standard cloning experiments. I closed the filing cabinet and opened another one. I pulled out a file this looked like it was on the latest project. I quickly skimmed the details. Manticore will never stop trying to make the perfect soldier. I turn the page and my heart skips a beat. I look away, as I start to get light headed. The room starts to spin and I feel like I’m going to faint. I try to pull myself back together and look at the picture again. In front of me I see a picture of a child, a child whose resemblance is similar to Logan’s. This can’t be right. Logan is dead; he’s gone. How could Manticore have ... my thought trail off to the night of Logan’s death. When I woke up, Logan was gone. I never asked what happened to his body and Zack never told me. Manticore might have been able to save him. What if he wasn’t really dead. I feel an overwhelming of energy come over me as I frantically begin searching through the file cabinet where I found this picture.
I run across a file with “Eye’s Only†written on it. I pull it out not sure whether I want to read what it has to say. If I open this file, I’ll know the truth about what happened to Logan. I won’t have to continue to guess. My mind would be at ease. I can’t put the idea out of my thoughts that Logan was still alive and he was taken back here to be tortured. Somehow, I felt it would be easier to just put the file down and walk away then to re-live Logan’s death, or to know he had been living in the same hell as my childhood. I manage to work up the courage to open the file. My eyes stare at the first lien of the page.
“Time of death: 24:17:59.â€
That’s not long after I he paged me. He must have died right there in front of me. If only I had been a few minutes earlier. If I wouldn’t have stopped to yell at the person who splashed mud on me, then I would have been there in time to save him. But at least I know he didn’t die at Manticore, I can rest easier knowing he didn’t have to go through the hell I did.

I read farther down the page. I come across a line where it says Logan’s body was taken back to Manticore and DNA was successfully extracted. My heart begins to beat wildly again as I flip back to the page with the picture of the boy. Logan was cloned and turned into an X9. He is Renfro’s super soldier, and he is at this base.

I look up at Zack. I can tell he concerned about me; right now my face probably shows how afraid I am, but at the same time, I have excitement running through me. I may have another chance to be with Logan. I know it won’t be the same person, but it will still be Logan. I can look into his eyes and tell him that I love him.
I lift my eyes again and I see Zack still standing there. I know he won’t stand there waiting for me to long, so I quickly tell him he needs to look at what I found on Logan. Now he’s the one with the look of shock on his face. As he starts to walk towards me, the look turns to pain. I show him what I’ve found. He seemed relieved somehow, I didn’t quite understand it. I tell Zack that we need to find the clone, that we need to find Logan. Zack turns away and tells me we need to download the files on the computer then get out of here. He coldly tells me that we don’t have time. My heart breaks and I turn from him. I take off running down the hall. I’m not sure where I’m going, but I’m not going to look back. I have to find Logan. I hear footsteps behind me; I assume they are Zack’s as I continue running. The foot steps gaining on me. I run faster than Zack, there is no way he’d be able to catch up with me. I quickly do a flip and turn around landing in a fighting position. I look over my opponent, Zack wasn’t the one who was following me.

Please Review!!!!!

whoa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

i love the way your sick mind works!!!!!!!!!please post more!!!!!!!!!i have to see corrupted logan and vulernable max face to face!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

~Part 33
Tinga’s Perspective

I run down the hall; my heart is beating faster and faster. I can hear Johndy’s foot steps right behind me. We should be almost there if the floor plan was right. I turn the corner and run into a room full of guards. I had no idea they would be here. This was supposed to be a low security area. I scan the room and I see 23 guards. It’s almost like all of them had been assembled right here so they could wait for us. It’s almost like this is a trap. I try to move before they can see me, but I’m to late. Johndy and I have been spotted. The only one who could have set up this trap was Kladu; he was the only other one who knew we were coming here. I guess I was wrong about trusting him; I guess we all were, and now we’re going to have to pay for it. The guards turn and point their guns at us. There is no way I’m going down without a fight. I look over at Johndy and I can tell she’s thinking the same thing. For the first time today, I start to feel afraid, but the fear isn’t for me, it’s for my siblings. If we ran into this, then there is a good chance they did to. Johndy and I have to find a way out of this, and we’ve got to warn the others. I guess it’s time for us to start kickin some @ss; the sooner we deal with this the better.

I throw down the bag of charges as I take off running towards the nearest wall. I jump up on it as I do a flip. Bullets skim each side of me and embed themselves in the wall as I try desperately to avoid them. As soon as I get into reach of the guard closest to me, I kick the gun out of his hand; it goes sprawling to the floor and slides to the other side of the room where Johndy is in the heat of her own battle. Everywhere I look there are guards attacking one of us or standing by waiting for a clear shot, and a clear shot is exactly what I’m not going to give them.
A guard comes up from behind me and kicks me in the back. I fall to the floor as another guard tries to punch me. I pull out the dagger I have in my boot. As I stand back up, I lunge towards the closest guard. I slit open his stomach as I move by him. He clenches the wound with his hands as he collapses in pain. I move on to another target. As one of the other guards tries to punch me, I catch his arm and throw him into an attacker coming from behind. I kick another guard in the head sending him crashing into a few others. I turn around to see a figure jumping in my direction. I duck out of his way and slice his throat staining my blade with his warm blood.

My attention is diverted to a phone ringing in the background. I see a guard making his way to the office. That must be where the phone is; I’m going to check it out after the fight is over. I watch him as he unlocks the door; then, before he has a chance to open it, I throw my dagger at him landing it in the back of his neck. He falls to the floor lifelessly with his blood streaking the ground around him.

I look down at my watch, we’ve got 11 minutes to set the charges and get out of here. We don’t have time to deal with all of this. If we don’t get this fight over with soon, then we aren’t going to make it back.
I crouch down on the floor and pull the other dagger from my boot. It’s time to clean up this mess. I jump up in the air kicking one guard in the chest. As I land, I slice the back of another ones neck. I continue my attack as guard after guard falls lifeless to the floor. Their bodies keep piling up; their blood keeps spilling, but they keep coming after me; they keep coming out of no where. No matter how many I kill, it seems like I’m not making a difference. At this rate, I’m not going to make it out of here; I’m not going to be able to save myself, or any of my siblings.

Just when I think it can’t get any worse, it does. In the middle of an attack, a bullet hits me in the thigh. I fall to the floor and cry out in pain as I begin to feel the trickle of blood going down my leg.

Please Review!!!!

Amazing story SG-16. Just don't go running off again!!

Jessa:blpaw:

p.s thanx for the comments on my fan fic

I apoligize for not being able to post tonight as I am having issues w/ my b/f. I'm not really thinking clearly so ...

I'll be back on-line tomorrow, I hope to have thing worked out quickly so I can post more.

Thank You to everyone who is RRing, I really appericiate your support!!!!

~Part 34
Zack’s Perspective

When Max tells me she found something on Logan, the first thing I think of is that he’s somehow alive. Any chance I had of her loving me suddenly disappeared. She’d want to go after him, especially if he’s here, on this base. I know she wouldn’t leave him to die in the flames we’d be creating. If something happens to him again, she’d re-live his death. This time I might not be able to stop her from breaking down. Even if we did find him, she’d live with the guilt of not knowing he was alive. She’d blame me for telling her he was dead. She’d never forgive me, and say I had been misleading her on purpose. Just like she did the morning I found her. I’d never be able to earn her trust back; I wouldn’t even be a brother to her anymore. I’d loose everything.

I didn’t want to look at the file, but I felt compelled to do so. It would be easier to walk away and pretend none of this was happening, but I needed to be here for her. Even if she wouldn’t love me, I still needed to be her brother; I can‘t abandon her. If she walks away from me, that’s her choice; her decision.
I slowly walk towards her as I feel the pain of jealousy building in my heart. I can take on an army of soldiers, but for some reason, I fear having to look at this file, and see how it will change my life. I work up the courage to take the file from her hand. I look at the first line, “Deceased“. I breathe a sigh of relief knowing Logan truly did die the night Manticore took his body away. I know I shouldn’t be relieved that he’s dead, I should be disappointed because he’s not alive, but I can't bring myself to that level. The thought that Logan might take away Max from me again was almost to much to bare. As I read down the file further, I see that DNA had been taken from Logan; I flip back to the opening page and see a boy staring back at me with the same eyes I’ve grown to hate; the same eyes Logan had. I stare at the picture not wanting to comprehend what I saw before me. I faced my own clone, but facing Logan’s was something different. Logan had represented everything I could never have, and this clone has taken his place.

My attentions is drawn back to Max as she tells me that she’s got to go after the clone, that’s she’s got to save Logan. I turn away from her furious at the thought she would let her emotions get in her way. She truly is trying to turn him into Logan. Even if he is so much younger than her, he will once again steal her heart away from me. For all I know, he might have already. I tell her there is no time and we have to download the stuff off of the computer. I remind myself that this boy is a trained soldier, he isn’t the innocent computer hacker Logan was. I set the file down on the desk expecting her to be right behind me; instead, I hear the door open and footsteps run down the hall away from me. As I pick up the file, not wanting to leave with out it, a piece of paper falls to the floor. I pick it up and go to stuff it into the folder when something catches my eye.
“First hand to hand combat mission: Against X5-734(Brinn): Target was destroyed after 7 minutes and 3 seconds.â€
The target was Brinn. After all this time of wondering what had happened to her, I finally know. I lost another sister to this horrible place. Brinn is another victim of Manticore. They used her to test a science experiment; they wasted her life; they killed her. No! Logan’s clone killed her; the clone Max wants to try and save.

I push my thoughts of Brinn out of my mind. Right now, I need to worry about Max. If this Logan clone killed Brinn, he’ll kill Max too. I have to make sure she doesn’t run into him. I have to find her before he does. I stuff the file in my jacket and take off running down the hall in the same direction Max went, somehow I have to make her believe me. This clone isn‘t what he seems; this file is proof enough. My heart is racing as I worry about her safety. It seems to take an eternity to run to the end of hall. My feet feel like lead. They seem to move slower and slower. When I finally go around the corner, I see Max in the distance. I feel like I have been stabbed in the heart with a knife. I’m to late!

I'm sorry again that I didn't get a post up last night!
I hope this makes up for it!
Please Review!!

wow!!! that was so cool!!!! i cant wait to see logan (a.k.a. evil logan) and Max come face to face!!!

RoXy

I didn't put to much of a fight scene in for ya this time, I wanted to have more fun w/ it this way, but i'd say at least one more maybe two are coming up.

the story is getting pretty close to the end, so if you want any more information on something, make sure you let me know in your reviews so I can put it in.

~Part 35
Max’s Perspective

When I turn around, standing before me is a boy. He can’t be older than five. I look into his eyes and feel compassion towards him. His eyes are the same as a man I once loved.
As he walks towards me, I speak to him, “Logan, I love you.â€
The boy starts to laugh, “You must be Max. They told me what they did to you. They told me I’m your true love.â€
I ignore him laughing and I ask him, “Then you know how much I want to help you get out of here?â€
I feel my heart race as he searches my eyes, but it doesn’t beat with the same excitement as it did with Logan; it’s different with him. He tells me he knows how much I loved Logan and how I was willing to sacrifice myself to save him, just as Zack had been willing to do for me. It’s almost like he knows everything about me. I search his eyes not sure if I’m seeing compassion in them, or if it’s just something I made up to make myself feel better. I want desperately for him to love me, to run towards me and put his arms around my neck.

I begin to hear foot steps coming down the hall, I tell him we have to get out of here. I didn’t want to get caught. This Logan was Manticore’s new prize procession and they’d do anything to stop me from taking him. Just as I’m about ready to take off running again, but this time he’ll be behind me, he speaks to me.
He tells me, “I love you Max and I want to be with you forever.â€
I turn and face him as a tear runs down my cheek. I kneel down in front of him and allow him to run towards my arms. I embrace him the way a mother would a child. I cry, for this is the child I would have wanted. I can never love his as I did Logan and I know this now, but I can raise him as my son. I stay there with him, holding him in a tight embrace, until the footsteps round the corner.
I look up and see Zack standing in front of me. He looks like he has seen a ghost. I can tell he’s upset, but I don’t understand why. This boy will become a part of our family; he’ll be one of us.
He begins to pull away from me. I let him go knowing I’m going to have to face Zack. I ignore the boy as I give Zack all my attention. I turn and look into his eyes; I see pain in them. He looks at me like I have some how betrayed him. Another tear drips down my check, but this time it’s for Zack; he just doesn’t know it. I never wanted to hurt him, I just thought this would be another chance to allow a part of Logan to live on.

Zack’s Perspective

Max has broken my heart, but this time I feel no jealousy, only pain. She disobeyed an order to have a chance at getting Logan back. No wonder she wouldn’t allow me to tell her I love her. She would do anything to get him back, even if that means taking his clone.
I look in her eyes and search her feelings; I see her pain. She knows she has hurt me deeply and this time I don’t try and hide it from her. I can’t; I love her. She has the right to know the truth; I was just to scared to make her listen. As the clone steps away from her, I ignore what ever it is he’s doing. For a moment I forget he is my enemy. All of my attentions is on Max. I just stare at her, the beautiful women in front of me. Trying not to break down any more than I have already, I choke back a tear that is aching to come out. Before I can say anything to her, I hear a loud bang.

Somewhere, a gun had been fired. It must have been the clone; there is no one else here that would have a desire to kill me. I can sense a bullet moving towards me. I try to stay put even though I know it will strike my body. No pain is greater than that of a broken heart. I understand now how Max felt when Logan was killed before her very eyes. She would have rather died than deal with the pain her soul was feeling. I can’t go on like this; I can’t continue to love Max knowing she will never be able to love me the way I love her.
I watch her eyes, they mesmerize me with their dark beauty. When she hears the gun go off and she knows the bullet is going to strike me, she reacts. She attacks Logan’s clone. Feeling as though a terrible misfortune has been released from my heart and not all hope is lost, I try to move out of the way. I push myself towards the floor, but I’m to late. I feel the bullet enter my body and exit again. I fall to the floor and look up at Max and the clone. I try to stay conscious. I have to help her, but my body is becoming weak. I don’t want her to have the same fate as Brinn. I try to sit up, but I’m to weak to do so. I feel my head start to spin, my body starts going numb, and everything fades to black.

Please Review!!!!!

Back