Harcesis child

Celerity

Just been wondering lately, who took the harcesis to Kheb? I would assume it was Ammonet, sinced it was Sha're that told Daniel where he was...but wasn't she looking for him in FIAD? I thought that was the reason she took the Abydonians. Any ideas? Did I miss something?

if i'm remembering right amaunet kidnapped the abadonians to cover taking the child cause at the time she was allied with heru'ur since apophis was sokar's prisoner. she had to hide the presence of harry (harcesis) from heru'ur cause he'd try to get custody of or kill it(like he tried to in secrets)
she sent the child to kheb in the guardianship of her most trusted aide or priestess. it is unknown if the woman was a goa'uld or a human slave. personally i'm thinking she was human mainly cause jaffa and goa'uld seem to have an extremely limited life span once they set foot on kheb.
i'm guessing the priestess lived there for several months not knowing amaunet was dead waiting for the signal to come out of hiding when the jaffa found and killed her. and i'm also thinking the glow-in-the-dark aliens must have sheltered her in some way.

Did anyone else notice that the baby had blue eyes? Or at least it looked like it to me. which is quite strange considering the parents...

oh yeah, i noticed. LOL. ya know, I love the show, but they do have a problem with continuity sometimes.

if i'm remembering right hammy has blue eyes...and the actor that played him in 1969, cute though he may be and as well as he had the manner of speech dowm pat...had brown ones...can't have it all i guess

origin of Harcesis child myth?

Found this on an Egyptian myth website:

"Harsiesis (Horus son of Isis) This Horus was the son of Isis and Osiris. He was conceived magically after the death of Osiris and brought up by Isis on a floating island in the marshes of Buto. The child was weak and in constant danger from the scheming of his wicked uncle Seth, who sent serpents and monsters to attack him. But his mother, Isis was great in the magical arts and she warded off this evil by using a spell against creatures biting with their mouths and stinging with their tails, and the young Horus survived and grew."

....maybe the "floating island" became Kheb and the "serpents and monsters" the Goa'uld? :smilej:

source:
http://members.aol.com/egyptart/hormyth.html

Congratulations on finding and sharing that nugget!

Since the writers of SG-1 liberally use ancient Egyptial mythology, we can assume that is where they came up with the word, the general situation and then the imagination took over from there! Good digging! :D

And who says television ain't educational?:rolly2: :rolly2: :rolly2:

I love the History Channel......:rolly2: and Discovery Channel. But gosh the misinformation!

Colored Contacts?

Originally posted by skydiver
if i'm remembering right hammy has blue eyes...and the actor that played him in 1969, cute though he may be and as well as he had the manner of speech dowm pat...had brown ones...can't have it all i guess

Colored Contacts? Well it could be!!! Come on it s the 21 century!

Ive always wondered this... How does Genetic memory work?
I can see for thing like a skunk knowing hoe to spray, but actually know people,names, places... I dont think so...

I know that a skunk spraying is hard wired into the brain so to speak. Much of what we do is not hard wired...it is learned or built upon a base of behavioral and physical limits and learned. I don't know about genetic memory. Something in the brain would hard wire to remember all that stuff... but what would be ommitted and why would be intersting to study. For instance do the goa'ulds remember their home planet and early evolution after the development of the hard wiring. Does the hard wiring of genetic memory allow for it to edit memory that is no longer needed... We know that the goa'ulds are long lived... and retain long memories.. but do they learn and what do they learn....and why...

I once read that on a quantum level what we see, we become. If we look at a beautiful scene of mountains for example, something changes in us. Since we do store memories chemically in the brain that seems possible. When animals adapt to changing conditions over time something in their genetic makeup changes to accomodate, that's the basis of the theory of evolution.

Teal'c said the Harcesis child would contain all the knowledge of the Goa'uld. But the kid himself is not a Goa'uld, so it seems like a bit of a stretch to say he would contain the genetic memory of another species.....it's an interesting question. Maybe I'll do some digging and see if I can find out more about genetic memory. :smilej:

Originally posted by Amethyst444
When animals adapt to changing conditions over time something in their genetic makeup changes to accomodate, that's the basis of the theory of evolution.

Lamarkian evolution not Darwinian. In Darwinian evolution the genetic spectrum is there to be selected for or against by the change or changes in the environment. In Darwinian based Punctuated Equilibrium the genetic spectrum is freed to act within the constraints of the individuals and in breeding individuals take the traits to a species level. jsc commentary.

Teal'c said the Harcesis child would contain all the knowledge of the Goa'uld. But the kid himself is not a Goa'uld, so it seems like a bit of a stretch to say he would contain the genetic memory of another species.....it's an interesting question. Maybe I'll do some digging and see if I can find out more about genetic memory. :smilej:

No that is what the writers have said. Two human hosts mate and the child is the hunted Harcesis because she/he contains all the genetic memory of the goa'uld.

PLEASE FIND MORE OUT ABOUT GENETIC MEMORY! Current humankind does not have a genetic memory. It would be an interesting thing to find out about!

Back