Trek X may wrap TNG?

stripe

Sovs Favorite Moderator
Trek X May Wrap TNG?
June 13, 2001 08:00 CDT

Star Trek actors Michael Dorn (Worf) and Marina Sirtis (Troi) told fans that the upcoming 10th Trek film plays like the final chapter in the Next Generation saga, the TrekToday Web site reported.

Speaking at the Star Trek & Sci Fi Media Convention in Durham, N.C., Sirtis added that she hoped the TNG movies will continue, the site reported. Trek X will be "better than Insurrection," Sirtis said. She also denied a long-standing rumor that a main character will die in the film. She declined to comment on rumors that she and Cmdr. Riker will tie the knot in the film's opening, the site reported.

Dorn said the film will feature a character cameo from another Trek series.
enterprise.jpg

It will be interesting to see when they finally get it done. :smile:

A character cameo?

Hmm...

I bet it would be DS9. Sisko or Bashir would be a good choice, I think. Quark, maybe, if the Enterprise docked at DS9 during the film.

Re: A character cameo?

An internet rumour said that they wanted Seven of Nine, but Jerri Ryan would be unavailable, filming another movie at that time, so they are going to have Janeway instead. (only a rumour).

Sisko could be used in his role as the prophet... especialy if they are doing a cloning theme....

You have found a Butterfly!
butter.gif

Didn't the Orginal Series have about three "last" movies? I have a feeling we'll see one or more of the crew again, in future movies, with the exception of a few like Patrick Stewart, who is seeing a lot of action as professor X.

As for the cameo, I'd bet money on Janeway, and possibly O'Brien.

Klptzyxm!

Why is everyone complaining about Voyager spoilers.

This film is set on Romulus, am I correct?

Well if they can find a reason to write into the script the Federation Ambassador to Qo'nos, I'm sure they can find a way to write in Janeway from the Delta Quadrant!!:D :D :D

i'm complaining cos i tried vainly to avoid all spoilers for the end of Voyager, and eventually failed. So now i do know whether or not htey get back, i still would like to avoid knowing any specific details about how it ends... :evil:

Well I don't know either but if I did I would post a

s
p
o
i
l
e
r

w
a
r
n
i
n
g

and so ahould everyone else.

But point is that with time travel & wormholes & another technobable stuff they could do what ever they wanted.

Even Kirk could come back in Star Trek X if they wanted!

Thats sooo true Dave... in genreations the nexis was there... they ncould always go back intot hat and bring anyone back/.....

Aparently Janeway has signed up for a cameo role

It is Janeway.

And although Patrick Stewart says he is keen to do more, comments from Rick Berman say that he thinks it'll be the last.

A lot depends on the opening weekend box office which wasn't as good as expected, but there must be more Star Trek films, and the question must be who do you use if not the TNG cast?

I would like to see a films with characters from all the 24th Century series. But maybe they will be taking a rest with the films, and then have Captain Archer fight the Romulan Wars post Enterprise.

anone seen the film
what u think will it be the last @???

No, it won't be the last 'Star Trek' film.

I realised during this movie that I still like the TNG cast best of all, and I would love to see more of them, only they really are starting to get a little saggy, wrinkled and overweight. Soon they are going to look like Kirk & Co. in the later TOS films. Maybe it is time to hang up those uniforms for a younger crew.

I really do hope there will be another movie. As I said in the other forum, the only people who could really take over for the next film would be the voyager crew, and to be honest, they would never have the screen appeal of the TNG crew. I have seen the movie, and loved it. Apart from the end.

I could see an Enterprise or Voyager movie, maybe. Of course, now that Janeway's an Admiral, they'd have to promote someone else to captain. Possible plot: return of the Borg, perhaps with Q as a plot device. At the very least, we have tons of possibilities for fanfiction.

Originally posted by digi_rage1
I have seen the movie, and loved it. Apart from the end.
I loved it too, apart from the end :(
:blpaw:

Back