Methos

Originally posted by markpud
I guess with a clear head and a focused mind, Methos could beat Kronos. In the reality of their histories, Methos wouldnt have the mental self-confidnce to finish Kronos...

markpud!!!!

see ya made it back over here ---

did ya see that we have like over 1000 posts? hehe

okay -- back to my question --

who would win?

well - guess it would depend on several factors --

1) where Methos' head is during the fight (no, i don't mean that it's attached to his body - you know what i mean)

2) how much he really begins to think about what he's doing

3) how much concentrates on the actual fight -

if he's lazy - he'll lose - same as w/ any other fight -- but if he puts his heart and soul (that is SO cliche) into the fight - he can do it --- b/c - yeah - if Duncan can beat Kronos, so can Methos!)

Methos would win come on how could he not? He likes being alive even if he didn't want kill Kronos if it was between losing his head and Kronos losing his Methos would take Kronos in a heartbeat.Plus 5000 years of fighting and I don't think that even if he was out of the Game he would slack off in training.

yes - but the fire must be there --

like i said -- if he's lazy - he won't make it ---

however -- if 400 year old Duncan can beat 3000+ yr old Kronos, then 5000+ yr old Methos shouldn't have a problem -

which i kinda why i don't understand why Methos couldn't kill Kalas -- ('cept that Duncan's the main character and has to get all the good kills) --- so - basically - Methos' arguement that he just didn't have the fire was kinda dumb - but, that could have been Methos goading Duncan into fighting really hard to beat Kalas

*grins* We all know that Methos has a history of engineering events to work HIS way.

He was playing Dunkie like a puppet.

~ana

that's true...I mean why would Methos risk his own neck if he can get kilt-boy to do it for him;)

*starts grining as she thinks of the many reasons she loves Methos*:D

well let's see....we decided that Methos could beat Kronos...but only if he didn't get lazy and put all his effort behind it....But what if Duncan hadn't won....would Methos have joined with Kronos at that point...and would Kronos have even let him?

so, Kronos has killed Duncan, what does Methos do now?

um - 1st - He has to ward off Cassandra -- she's ready to take his head --- and i'm sure she won't listen to Kronos

so, Methos will have to fast talk his way out of this one by convincing Cassandra that the two of them have to work together to beat Kronos -

Kronos isn't gonna want to let some woman take the head of Methos - however, if she did, he would just go kick her butt and then he'd have the quickenings of both Methos and Cassandra (which would make Kronos one bad-ass immie!) --

okay - so Methos talked Cassandra out of lopping off his head - so - they either leave together and stay that way to plot a way to get rid of Kronos, OR they split as soon as they're out of sight and hide from Kronos for as long as they can, knowing they're both being hunted by him --

ok - they work together - Kronos finds them - best way? one of them shoots Kronos and the other takes his head - it's cheating, but hey - it's Kronos - he doesn't play fair --

they split up -- Methos might be able to take Kronos, but there's NO WAY he's joining up, nor would Kronos let him - he's probably so ticked off by now that he would take the head off a mortal child if it walked by (disturbing image, i know - just move on) -- then Kronos would hunt down Cassandra and take her out - probably w/ little problem -- the only reason he didn't kill her b4 was b/c Methos knocked Cass out and dropped her in the river

okay - that's all that has come to my head for now ---

[iok - they work together - Kronos finds them - best way? one of them shoots Kronos and the other takes his head - it's cheating, but hey - it's Kronos - he doesn't play fair --

COLOR][/FONT] [/B]

well...Cassandra doesn't play fair either...she was going to take Methos's head rght after a major double whammy thing...and that's hardly fair...so I could see this happeneing since Methos isn't exactly known to play fair all the time either..as long as they could work together for that long....

Originally posted by Diamond9697

well...Cassandra doesn't play fair either...she was going to take Methos's head rght after a major double whammy thing...and that's hardly fair...so I could see this happeneing since Methos isn't exactly known to play fair all the time either..as long as they could work together for that long....

that's the kicker - them working together long enough to take down Kronos -
okay -so they worked together, got along enough, to get that far - so now they have to decided WHO gets the quickening? are they gonna flip a coin? or is Methos gonna take it, then Cassandra snaps out of her 'friendly' mode and whacks Methos - so, he's still dead --
kind of a lose-lose situation there isn't it?
and you know that neither wants to give Kronos' quickening to someone else - esp since Duncan's not around to take it (guess they could let Richie have it - but don't know how much they really like him) ---

but - in that 'stay alive' thing - Methos might bargain w/ Cassandra - 'you can have the quickening if you promise to leave me alone for the rest of my life' --- she *might* go for that

Why couldn't Methos let Cassandra take Kronos's head and then Methos whacks her while she's down?

Originally posted by Analise
Why couldn't Methos let Cassandra take Kronos's head and then Methos whacks her while she's down?

didn't say he couldn't -- but i don't necessarily think Methos is the type to do that -- why? b/c if he wanted her dead, he could have killed her a long time ago --

however - if he was fighting for his life, he would take her out -

yeah...I don't see Methos doing that either...he would just let her take it and then run while he was recovering...he would kill her to survive, but only if he had to...he still regrets what happened with her and I think it would really weigh on him if he whacked her while she as down

okay - resurrecting my thread here ---

i wanna know why Methos was never given a 'successful' on-screen relationship -- even in a flashback -- the only ones we 'saw' were tragic -- the slave woman, Cassandra (if you can call that a relationship), and Alexa --- what is WITH that? can't the guy have a normal relationship that we get to SEE? sure, he was married 68 times - how come we never met any of his wives?? argh! stupid PTB who think Duncan is the only character that matters - they suck!

He was engaged to a woman who died of cancer. That is why he was trying to put together the pieces of that ancient amulet the gives the wearer eternal life. :cool:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Highlander II Highlander 3
A Highlander 4