Methos

I agree -- if they had taken a different approach to the Raven series, it might have had a chance --- but i think they played up the 'amanda the thief' bit more than necessary -- and she seemed 'out of character' - like she wasn't the same person who helped Duncan through some of those 'hard' times -- like she was a complete stranger - and i still can't believe that they didn't at least have Duncan make one guest appearance ---

And, Methos' perspective would be excellent -- there is almost NO limit to what could be done w/ him - he has such a rich history - and very little of his actual backstory has been explored -- there is great potential there ---

Yeah...at least one episode with Duncan was a must...like having connor in the first episodes of the series was.

yep...lots of untapped potential in Methos. I only hope they get up off thier butts and do something with it.

i'm just trying to figure out how they thought a 'spin-off' series was going to work if the only connection to the original is that the lead character is and immie --- ummmmm -- something just isn't right there --- the 'flavor' of the show needs to be similar or it won't work --

but yes -- the PTB need to get off their sixes and get to work bringing us a fabulous Methos series!!!

I got to thinking about this the other day while working on a story. If they do make a series with Methos and spend a lot of time with his past, they are gonna have to cover The Horseman years some more I would think...I mean it was around a pretty big portion of his past and all? So as an added bonus..more Kronos! *bg*

Originally posted by Diamond9697
I got to thinking about this the other day while working on a story. If they do make a series with Methos and spend a lot of time with his past, they are gonna have to cover The Horseman years some more I would think...I mean it was around a pretty big portion of his past and all? So as an added bonus..more Kronos! *bg*

yes - the horsemen years were a large part -- like 1000 years - that's 1/5 of his life -- that's a long time -- even for an immie!

so -- the horsemen would have to make an appearance --- which is good - i LIKE the horsemen ---

but - we need MORE Methos!!!!

Meefie!

Definitely...we definitely need more methos!

And more horsemen!

:)

My real reason for posting this was to say hi. :)

~ana, the keeper of the chocos

Re: Meefie!

Originally posted by Analise
Definitely...we definitely need more methos!

And more horsemen!

:)

My real reason for posting this was to say hi. :)

~ana, the keeper of the chocos

welcome aboard ana!!!!

we can always use more chocos!!

yep --

so ---

talk Methos --

what do you like best about him??? least??? what would you change??

(i'll answer these a little later)

*big hugs* Hi ana! welcome aboard...there's yoohoo in the fridge and we all are having fun. What's your favorite Methos moment?

Thanky. :)

*g*

I've got Dr.Pepper so no need for Yoohoo.

Fave methos moment?

Hmmm....

I'm torn

I loved it in Indiscretions when he and Joe are hitchiking...

And then there's always the Jimmy scene. ;)

~ana

fave Methos moment

hmmm ---

i'm kinda partial to that scene where he's talking to Mary Shelley outside Byron's house - telling her about being immortal - and she's not afraid, but pities him and the way he's forced to live - trying to shoulder his pain and suffering, tho she has so much of her own -------

episode -- The Modern Prometheus

Mary Shelley is, not only one of my fave characters from the show, but one of my fave authors -- if you haven't read Frankenstein -- i suggest you do so! it's brilliant!!

Well, the thing is...I haven't seen quite all of The Modern Prometheus...

Tho I like the conversation with Byron when they're in Mary Shelley's room...

~ana

Well, the thing is...I haven't seen quite all of The Modern Prometheus...

Tho I like the conversation with Byron when they're in Mary Shelley's room...

~ana

ah - i like that too --- i love the whole ep -- well, except when duncan's being an ass and killing byron --- but the rest is great!

*sniffle* They shouldn'tve killed Byron...you'd think Duncan would've listened to Methos...his supposed "friend".

*mumbles* Stupid holier-than-thou boyscout.

~ana

*sniffle* They shouldn'tve killed Byron...you'd think Duncan would've listened to Methos...his supposed "friend".

*mumbles* Stupid holier-than-thou boyscout.

~ana

yeah - but see -- we're not the writers so ---- you know how it goes -- whatever BP wants, BP gets -- know what i mean??

Originally posted by Highlander II
yep --

so ---

talk Methos --

what do you like best about him??? least??? what would you change??

(i'll answer these a little later)

I love his voice and his attitude and the fact that he pretends he doesn't care even when he does and....okay just about everything :)

I don't like the way he runs off and just leaves everyone wondering where he is...mostly because it means less episodes with him...season 6 for example.

Can't think of anything I would change off the top of my head...I'll think about it and get back to you...

In answer to my own question I think my favorite moment, other than the Jimmy scene ;-)...is just about the whole Methuselah's Gift episode. It was such a moving episode and I liked seeing that part of Methos's character.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Highlander II Highlander 3
A Highlander 4