Methos

aye --- but - i don't think K would kill C --- at least - not at first - he would wear her down and torture her - use her - do what he pleased -- then - somehow find a way to kill her w/ Methos watching ---- b/c he knows how Methos feels about her - (i have this feeling that he wouldn't hate her so much if she wasn't always charging after his head) ---

Methos Methos Methos -

i need to get back to my Highlander fics - i haven't written anything except that RR Toga Party we're doing at Clan MacSlow --

(been working on a JAG fic that struck me a week or so ago)

oh - btw -- i FOUND the big, honkin' 2 parter that i'd slightly missplaced during 3 separate moves --- found it found it found it!! yeah!!! now i can rewrite it!!! (didn't like the way it was going ---

>>>i need to get back to my Highlander fics - i haven't written anything except that RR Toga Party we're doing at Clan MacSlow --

I'm working on that scary story challenge you gave on the MacSlow site. *snickers* I suppose it could be considered scary in a way. Methos didn't like the way the sroty was going so he changed it. It's getting quite interesting now. :)

>>>oh - btw -- i FOUND the big, honkin' 2 parter that i'd slightly missplaced during 3 separate moves --- found it found it found it!! yeah!!! now i can rewrite it!!! (didn't like the way it was going ---

*lol* isn't that the way it is. Find a story you lost and rewrite it.

Originally posted by Diamond9697
I'm working on that scary story challenge you gave on the MacSlow site. *snickers* I suppose it could be considered scary in a way. Methos didn't like the way the sroty was going so he changed it. It's getting quite interesting now. :)

good for you!!!!!!!!

(see, i'm thinking if we get a HL mini-forum, then we can start Clan threads and stuff -- we'd have to promote the hell out of it tho!)

*lol* isn't that the way it is. Find a story you lost and rewrite it.

i started rewriting it BEFORE i misplaced it! how's that for genius??

So which Methos episode is your favorite and why?

Personally I think I like Indescretions best. It just proves once again that depite the fact that Methos wants everyone to believe that he doesn't really care about anything but his own survival, he will do what it takes to help and protect his friends. I also like the intersction between Joe and Methos, and the fact that Duncan wasn't in this episode at all might have a little something to do with it too *grins*

i thought this was gonna be a hard question, but then, i thought for about a second -- it's not a hard question --

my fave Methos ep is "The Modern Prometheus" -- i love Methos' interactions w/ Mary Shelley (would have been nice had she been an immie -- i think Methos really liked her - a lot!) it's the flashback sequences in this one that caught me -- yeah - Byron the rock star was interesting -- and something i didn't think the Highlander writers would do - pull a famous person from the past into the present -- even more odd that the famous person from the past was also famous in the present --

i also like the way Methos tries to talk Duncan out of killing Byron - b/c we would lose that 'greatness' - still, protecting his friends, even if they are a little warped. i think Byron was just really 'alone' -- he wasn't really able to let ppl get close to him, so he was isolated from everything even tho he had ppl around him all the time -- (think a lot of celebs go through this) -- so when Methos tried to help, Bryron just pushed him away - b/c he didn't know how to deal w/ it --- (okay, wow - never really analyzed this ep like that b4)

but - Indescretions is a wonderful ep too!! esp b/c it's Duncan-free!! ;)

Methos' interactions w/ ppl is wonderful -- period - it doesn't matter who - and i think that has a lot to do w/ the way PW performs his roles --- he understands how film/tv work so he knows what to do to enhance a scene -- the little 'nuance' things that make a scene that much more memorable ---- he's a wonderful actor -----

Yeah...I liked Modern Prometheus too. It was a very interesting episode with a lot of good Methos moments. I loved the flashbacks and though Byron was a very interesting character as well. I felt kinda bad when Duncan killed him.

i didn't agree w/ Duncan's reasons for killing him -- i mean, i understand that Byron was 'influencing' that kid - but that kid was old enough to make his own decisions -- if he thought he would look cool by taking drugs and OD'ing - well - guess what - he was wrong and he paid for his mistake -- but it wasn't Byron's fault the kid didn't have the rocks to stand up for himself - sure - Byron exploited it - but hey - he's not the only one - and there are many many others worse than Byron who exploit the 'weaknesses' in people -- is Duncan gonna go after them too???????? mr morals ----

yeah...like Duncan's never had any problems in his life. Mr. Perfect or something. However...we might be ragging on him a bit hard. After all, if it wasn't for him we never would have had Methos.

yeah - w/o Dunkie there probably would be no Methos -- but, why, after the intro of Methos, does Duncan turn into the ultimate goody-two-shoes? did they need to make him squeaky clean to counter deep-dark Methos who was coming up in season 5?? what was w/ that??????

Actually the way I understand it they didn't decide to give Methos a deep dark past until after the forth season, and they only did that because they liked the way PW played him so much. They said that he gave them the idea to do it in the first place because of the mysterious way he played Methos.

WOOHOO!!!!! go PW!!!! yeah - well -- so what was w/ all the goody-goody Duncan?? is that b/c they were leading up to the Dark Quickening? so they had to parallel that??? show major contrast there?? ugh -- i just don't get it -- or did AP want Duncan to become a ..... wuss (was gonna say something else -but keeping it clean) ----

My guess is that they did it because of the whole dark quickening thing. They wanted him to be all goody-goody to show the difference between his personality before and after. They just went a bit overboard on it in my opinion....okay...maybe a lot overboard.

My guess is that they did it because of the whole dark quickening thing. They wanted him to be all goody-goody to show the difference between his personality before and after. They just went a bit overboard on it in my opinion....okay...maybe a lot overboard.

yeah - they went a lot overboard -- they didn't have to take him to the extreme - that's just stupid ---

more focus on Methos would have been better -- or, we could just start a show about Methos -- the little animated things were cool, but a live-action show would be much better - and I'm sure PW would LOVE to do it --- Methos has such a rich history - he's been everywhere and seen everything -- i know he's cynical now -but what was he like in Ancient Rome? in Ancient Greece? Where was he during the Dark Ages? what did he face then? Did he know the Medici family and Michelangelo?? did he go through a spot of depression and hide out in a buddhist temple for several years? did he travel to antarctica at any time?

what about his 68/69 wives?? who were they? did any of them know about his immortality? how did the marriages end? death? divorce? (in whatever form it may take) what? tell us! (i know, fanfic sometimes explores some of these areas, but usually not in the same way the TV industry would -- mostly b/c in fanfic ppl are more worried about getting characters naked and in bed than telling the story -- (which kinda bothers me - b/c it's been done to death - had this conversation in another forum)

okay -- those are most of my Methos questions for now -- just getting started tho, i think .........

Yeah...I read in an interview with PW somewhere that he's more than willing to take on the role again...so it is a definate possibility if the powers that be decide they want to do it.

WHEN they decide to go ahead and do it, it'll have to be a different style than what the others were. More of a going through and looking at the different periods of his life I think, or something to that effect anyway. I'm interested to see what his lives were like. How did he keep from going nuts for one thing? I mean 5000+ years is a long time...

5000+ years is a long time -- and i, too, wonder how he kept himself sane ---

and, yes, it would definitely have to take on a different flavor than the others. and while i don't want to watch a 'chronology' of Methos' life, i don't think it should be all about "the Game" and all the immies vying for the others' heads --- there needs to be something else --- esp since Methos is so different from MacLeod --

hmmm -- they should start w/ something rather 'dramatic' -- Methos being hunted by a mortal enemy or something - him having a confontation w/ Cassandra - b/c they SO never cleared that up --

and Amanda and Duncan and Joe and friends should all drop in from time to time for a chat and a beer ----

and it can begin anywhere -- doesn't have to start in 2001/2002/2020 --- whenever they begin the series - - it can begin in a flashback mode ----

personally - i would advise against opening it w/ the whole of the HL series cast -- just b/c it would almost be cliche --- ya know??

though - having Connor in the 1st ep would be totally cool!!!!

oh - speaking of Connor - why did he never appear in any of the other eps?? he was mentioned - and as often as he was, why did he never 'visit' Duncan again?? strangest friend i've ever seen --

SPOILER!! ENDGAME!!!

(of course - that doesn't make much difference now, b/c the moron PTBs killed him in the movie! argh!!)

Yeah...I agree with that. And I think having Conner in the first episode would be totally cool. It could be a flashback or something since I'm sure that they knew each other at some point in Conner's past.

Yeah...I agree with that. And I think having Conner in the first episode would be totally cool. It could be a flashback or something since I'm sure that they knew each other at some point in Conner's past.

i'm sure they did know each other -- and i suppose it's possible that they could even be enemies! -- but, considering there's no way that Connor would know about Methos' "Horsemen" days- it's unlikely that he would think Methos a 'bad' person --

and it would kind of tie the "methos" series to the "duncan" series if Connor was in the 1st ep -- and they could establish something btwn them - ie: Maybe they're really close friends - maybe Connor saved Methos' life? who knows - the possibilites are endless ---

and - w/ a Methos series - we can get the "Methos perspective" on things - and not the Duncan-boyscout view -- i get tired of always having to see things from Duncan's POV - what? is he the only person on the planet? (sorry - little anti-duncan stuff there) ----- we need some Methos!!!!!!

spin-off

I thought that when the series ended, they should have done a spin-off with Mythos, instead of that lame Raven series. Mythos would have been so much more interesting. He is such a multi-faceted individual. :flash: :flash:

Yeah...Methos is a much more complex character than Amanda...but I think they could have done a good series with her if they had done it differently...

ahh...Methos perspective...that could get really interesting..especially when you consider how much his perspective on things would differ from one time to another...I mean he couldn't have always been as cynical as he is now. I think it would be very cool...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Highlander II Highlander 3
A Highlander 4