Methos

well it's not really that farfetched to think they couls avoid each other for that long...they managed to not see each other for 3000 some odd years the first time around. Although granted with technology and civilazation advances it would be harder, but if Methos doesn't want to be found, he won't be.

Methos, the man, the myth, the LEGEND! *giggle*

Anyway, what are YOUR thoughts on him?

I'll come back and add mine later, but I have class to get to.

~ana

just slightly altered the title of this thread so we didn't have two that were the same -- :)

Methos - ROG - 5000 yrs old (probably more than that)

the eyes, the hair .... need i go on?

how many heads to you think he's taken...5000+ years is a long time and he was Death for a good portion of that....

like actual 'immortal' heads - or just ppl??

let's see -- he's 5000+ yrs old, puts him 'dying' the 1st time about 3000 BC (give or take based on Methos' memory)

Cassandra is just over 3000 yrs old, so that puts her encounter w/ the Horseman about 1300 BC (i think) (something like that) -

and the horsemen were together about 1000 yrs - so about 300 AD-ish (and this is rough estimate)

so - from 3000 BC to 1300 BC - Methos could have been doing anything (and that's a long time); then from 1300 BC to 300 AD - Methos is w/ the Horsemen; then from 300 AD to 1796-ish AD - Methos is running around taking heads and doing whatever; 1796-ish he takes the last head he takes for over 200 yrs; 1996-ish - he meets Duncan MacLeod; 1996/7 - he kills Kristen b/c Duncan won't - and that's the 1st head he's taken in 200 yrs - then he just starts takin' others over the next 3 yrs --

so - i'd guess he's taken his fair share -- it would help to know what he was like before the Horsemen - was he a 'good' guy or a 'bad' guy? and if Duncan is a good guage of how frequently an immie gets hunted - Methos could have taken all kinds of heads prior to the Horsemen deal -- but he learned how to hide really well - so maybe ppl didn't hunt him so much --

Originally posted by DarkCity545
the wisdom:D i want to be just like you H2 when i grow up;)

<snerk>

oh - and for the record - all that info came straight outta my head - didn't look up any of it --- where the heck to i store all of that?????? :D

*shakes her head* I have a veritable font of useless info related to the shows I watch too...have no idea where it goes...

that is an interesting question though...how was Methos before he joined the Horsemen...and what were his motivations for getting involved with Kronos in the first place?

see - and i'd like to know when he 'changed' from being a nasty bad guy Horseman to being a 'good' guy - close to the Methos we know now --

did he find someone to 'help' him? or did he just have a change of heart? if so - what was the cause - what happened?

oh - i have tons of information in my head about a lot of things - it's that selective memory - i can remember details from TV shows, but i couldn't tell you jack about some of the books i had to read for school --

This is why Methos should have been the next series of HL and not the Raven.

It did not have to be called HL, Immortals or the Methos Chronicles would have been fine. There is so much unanswered about Methos.

Amanda is a walking open book everything we needed to know about her was in the HL series, did we learn anything new about her from the Raven... NOOOOO!!!!

and ya know -that's probably exactly WHY they didn't do the Methos series -

b/c they knew they'd have to answer questions about his past, oh - and the fans might actually WANT to watch that show --

who cares about Amanda? i mean - she's a great supporting / guest character - but she's not strong enough to be the lead --

not only that - but they changed who she was from HL to Raven - like we weren't gonna notice -

*sighs* No one loves us. Everyone hates us. They don't want us to be happy. They want us to suffer. :crying: The're evil!:evil:

yeah - and there's more ---

totally rumor - but i'll list it -- it's depressing:

in the next movie that they're supposedly working on - Methos is the next to die.

Oh God! Just kill me now! What is wrong with them?!?!?!

none of us do...*sighs* I treat my muses a heck of a lot better than they treat any of there characters

heck - on BAD days my muses are treated better than HL characters on the show --

oh - and if you read the thread in HL Gen Disc -- "Rumor -- New Movie" - you'll see the rest of the 'spoiler' bits about what i've read -- -

Methos may not die - b/c the movie apparently takes place btwn HLIII and Endgame

The wonder of Methos

Hi, been reading your Methos thread with great interest and thought I'd give my why-Methos-art-worship-worthy.

He is my favorite character from the show and I actually got addicted after his appearance. His appearance had the odd effect of making it seem as though there was something lacking before his arrival.

Duncan always had too much of a serious edge. And you always knew that he would do the right thing. He was a likeable character but sometimes you just wished he would go medieval on someone's ass for no reason.

Methos was very charismatic, he instantly looked as though he could carry an episode. Over episodes he became more interesting because he was so old yet we knew nothing about him. The fact that he was a Watcher so he could save his ass was hilarious and extremely cunning. I also loved that he could combine self-preservation with loyalty.

Revelations and Comes a Horseman were the best Methos eps for me because you never would have guessed it but it was completely plausible. As was the fact that this horseman had changed considerably.

I also liked the Duncan/Methos dynamic. They hadn't known each other long, but the relationship had meant enough for Duncan to proclaim it as being through on finding out Methos's past occupation.

This is why Endgame sucked ass to no end. The plot was sh*te to begin with, but to relegate his role to chicken feed was just ::rolls eyes::

But of course, I was ****ed off to begin with because TPTB decided to go with Raven [shoves hand down throat to puke] over The Methos Chronicles. Amanda was a good character but she doesn't have the M factor. He could carry a show. She just grated on my nerves. Amanda only seemed to be good when she was playing off of Duncan.

With the popularity of Methos I'm surprised no one has done a Virtual Methos Chronicles, everything else has been poached to be made virtual. The TPTB are immensely ignorant of Methos popularity [I can't see any other reason for this show not existing], they will not make the Methos Chronicles and unlike Methos, PW is prone to aging [even though he looked great as Tannith in Stargate - another stupid show that couldn't see what a great asset Tannith would have been].

As for the start of a M episode, every ep would start in a little quirky way [remember how every MacGyver ep started with Mac on some mission and just about surviving].

Maybe it could start with the an inconspicuous bookstore. The phone rings and the shop assistant answers. Someone asks for Adam Pierson and she replies he out getting a hair cut. Quick cut to Methos narrowly missing sword. Fight scene, head lop, quickening, Methos falling to the ground out of breath. Then he looks up and grins knowingly.

'5000 years old...and still got it,' cue very good music, something ochestral and epic [like the Xena tune].

Yes...I like Methos very much. Yes...I've thought about this all quite often :D

I have a lot of time on my hands.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Highlander II Highlander 3
A Highlander 4