Methos

markpud

Former Ascifi.com mod
Joined
Dec 28, 2000
Messages
4,894
Location
Manchester, UK
Since we have a big methos fan here now... a thread all about Methos, from the Highlander TV Show...

Over 4000 years old, one of, if not the oldest of the immortals.... also secretly a member of the watchers...

discuss :smile:
 

Highlander II

There can be only one!!
Joined
Jun 6, 2001
Messages
8,608
Originally posted by markpud
Since we have a big methos fan here now... a thread all about Methos, from the Highlander TV Show...

Over 4000 years old, one of, if not the oldest of the immortals.... also secretly a member of the watchers...

discuss :smile:



ahem -- (from the big Methos fan) -- he's over 5000 years old --
(sorry - canon nut)

anyway --- what ya'll wanna know 'bout methos??

and - as far as anyone knows - Methos is the oldest 'living' immortal -- the show never mentioned anyone older than he -- however -- the rest of the horsemen, and Cassandra, are all pretty close -- somewhere around 3000+ or so --

what's the limit? has everyone seen all 6 seasons or are some places still a few years behind? b/c i don't wanna spoil anything for anyone who hasn't seen all the stuff yet ------



H2
 

Diamond9697

Lookin Good
Joined
Jun 16, 2001
Messages
1,798
Hi,

I've seen just about every episode from all 6 seasons...and all the ones with Methos in them...so whatever you want to talk about works for me.

So let's talk about all the wonderful reasons why Methos is the best character on the show. we can always go into specifics later..but I personally think is the best character because he is so complex. That whole Forrest Gump box of chocolates thing is a very good description. It doesn't hurt that he's also extremely good looking of course :)
 

Highlander II

There can be only one!!
Joined
Jun 6, 2001
Messages
8,608
Originally posted by Diamond9697
Hi,

I've seen just about every episode from all 6 seasons...and all the ones with Methos in them...so whatever you want to talk about works for me.

So let's talk about all the wonderful reasons why Methos is the best character on the show. we can always go into specifics later..but I personally think is the best character because he is so complex. That whole Forrest Gump box of chocolates thing is a very good description. It doesn't hurt that he's also extremely good looking of course :)




<waves really huge to Dia!!> :)

hidy!!! glad to see you made it!!

so - hmmmmmmmm -- why is Methos the best character (and we may get some disagreement here, but that's okay) -- b/c he's Methos -- what more do you need?

no - really -- I like him b/c he's so different from MacLeod (duncan) in many ways -- he's cynical about life (which is great) but he still knows how to love! And he's not afraid to whack women who need to be whacked (see ep: Chivalry) where Duncan is a big wuss and doesn't wanna kill girls -- (dork -- sorry - not a Duncan fan - well, after season 3 anyway) --

okay - that's all for now - don't want to use all the good stuff in the beginning or the thread will die ----



H2
 

markpud

Former Ascifi.com mod
Joined
Dec 28, 2000
Messages
4,894
Location
Manchester, UK
as you prob know i havent seen the last season or 2 (damn british tv companies :mad: ) but dont let it stop u discussing anything, i dont mind spoilers too much for Highlander cos i've almost given up on the idea of seeing the rest any time soon...
 

Highlander II

There can be only one!!
Joined
Jun 6, 2001
Messages
8,608
you'll see them eventually --

you could always fly to the states and visit a friend who has them all -

or - is there a way to get an NTSC vcr - then buy the eps on VHS? tho that would be expensive ------

sorry - not in the UK - so, i have noooo idea ---

but - Methos is the BEST!!!!!!! (sorry , Methos thread)

H2
 

markpud

Former Ascifi.com mod
Joined
Dec 28, 2000
Messages
4,894
Location
Manchester, UK
HII was just saying he thinks the series may be out soon on DVD, in which case i'll buy them all!! Not sure, but i think my VCR can take NTSC, i'd have to check it first of course ;)
 

Highlander II

There can be only one!!
Joined
Jun 6, 2001
Messages
8,608
okay - H2 - that's me - is female man --- (just clearin' stuff up)


and - good luck on finding all the series --

unless you have an NTSC format VCR -- you'd have to find someone who can convert the eps for you from NTSC to the UK version -- they couldn't make it easy and make all the VCR's the same, could they??

H2
 

markpud

Former Ascifi.com mod
Joined
Dec 28, 2000
Messages
4,894
Location
Manchester, UK
Originally posted by Highlander II
okay - H2 - that's me - is female man --- (just clearin' stuff up)


oops sorry :eek:

and yes common standards are far too easy, we cant have that now can we :D
 

Highlander II

There can be only one!!
Joined
Jun 6, 2001
Messages
8,608
no prob - happens all the time --

perhaps next time i should take advantage of it?? <eg>


2002 is the expected release date for HL series on DVD --
 

markpud

Former Ascifi.com mod
Joined
Dec 28, 2000
Messages
4,894
Location
Manchester, UK
yup, u could do :D

i posted a thread about the dvd now cos we're talking about it across a few diff threads :rolly2:
 

Highlander II

There can be only one!!
Joined
Jun 6, 2001
Messages
8,608
been there - seen the 1st 5 - gotta watch the last 2 -- i'm on the mailing list --- known about the Methos Chronicle cartoon for a while ---

we (the methos fans) love it b/c they used Peter's voice!!! great voice on that man!!
 

Diamond9697

Lookin Good
Joined
Jun 16, 2001
Messages
1,798
<2002 is the expected release date for HL series on DVD>


Is that the release for just season one, or the whole series?
 

Highlander II

There can be only one!!
Joined
Jun 6, 2001
Messages
8,608
Originally posted by Diamond9697
<2002 is the expected release date for HL series on DVD>


Is that the release for just season one, or the whole series?

dunno -- haven't heard anything for sure -- don't think the email i got really said --

as soon as i hear more - i'll let you know --
 

Diamond9697

Lookin Good
Joined
Jun 16, 2001
Messages
1,798
Horseman/Revelations question

I have a quandry that I'm working on for a challenge that I'm doing and was hopeing you might give me some insight. I have a couple ideas running around but I just wanted to get some opinions on something. What do you think would have happened if Duncan had lost to Kronos?

Diamond
 

Highlander II

There can be only one!!
Joined
Jun 6, 2001
Messages
8,608
Re: Horseman/Revelations question

Originally posted by Diamond9697
I have a quandry that I'm working on for a challenge that I'm doing and was hopeing you might give me some insight. I have a couple ideas running around but I just wanted to get some opinions on something. What do you think would have happened if Duncan had lost to Kronos?

Diamond

i would have laughed my @$$ off -- (sorry - not a duncan fan)

but - good question --- there is the possibilty that Methos might have lost his head -- depending on how the fight w/ Cassandra went - if that had happened - Cassandra would have been next - basically - Kronos would have been racking up the quickenings --

but - there is the possibility that Methos and Cassandra could have put their petty differences behind them to get rid of Kronos -b/c, at least i'd hope, that Cassandra would realize that she's no match for Kronos and let Methos try to get rid of him -- (tho, not sure Methos would kill Kronos - he told MacLeod he couldn't do it)

hmmmm -- let's see ---- okay - say Kronos kills Duncan, Methos and Cassandra run far away - either together or separate - Richie would probably go after Kronos and lose his piddly head, and Duncan has a lot of friends - i'm sure at least one of them would track down the '******* that killed him' ---

hope this helps!!
 

Diamond9697

Lookin Good
Joined
Jun 16, 2001
Messages
1,798
Re: Re: Horseman/Revelations question

Originally posted by Highlander II


i would have laughed my @$$ off -- (sorry - not a duncan fan)

but - good question --- there is the possibilty that Methos might have lost his head -- depending on how the fight w/ Cassandra went - if that had happened - Cassandra would have been next - basically - Kronos would have been racking up the quickenings --

but - there is the possibility that Methos and Cassandra could have put their petty differences behind them to get rid of Kronos -b/c, at least i'd hope, that Cassandra would realize that she's no match for Kronos and let Methos try to get rid of him -- (tho, not sure Methos would kill Kronos - he told MacLeod he couldn't do it)

hmmmm -- let's see ---- okay - say Kronos kills Duncan, Methos and Cassandra run far away - either together or separate - Richie would probably go after Kronos and lose his piddly head, and Duncan has a lot of friends - i'm sure at least one of them would track down the '******* that killed him' ---

hope this helps!!


*snickers* I'm not a Duncan fan either so I would have been right there laughing with you.


This is the one that I think is the most likely personally. Methos was to emotional after the fight with Silas to defend himself against Cassandra, and without Duncan to stop her I'm pretty sure she would have whacked him.

I doubt this one because even with the threat of Kronos looming over her I don't think Cassandra was capable of putting aside her feelings regarding Methos long enough to work together with him. And like you said, I don't think Methos could kill Kronos...the ties were to strong for to long.

I don't think Methos would recover quick enough to run, and like I said earlier, I think Cassandra wouldn't have been able to walk away from the chance she had to kill Methos.

You never know though...Methos is a wily old guy. Anything is possible.

Diamond
 

Highlander II

There can be only one!!
Joined
Jun 6, 2001
Messages
8,608

well - let's see - remember there was that double quickening thing - so -- what would have happened if Kronos had killed Duncan and Methos killed Silas and their quickenings were 'linked' (or whatever the heck that was supposed to be) -- so, now is Methos gonna be 'joined' to Kronos in some odd way? or what? what is the significance behind that funky quickening?? (hmm just one more of those things that was never explained in the series - gee - that doesn't sound familiar does it? <sarcasm>)

so - Kronos and Methos are now 'connected' -- will Methos go back w/ Kronos, or try to run like hell away from everything associated w/ the Horsemen?

Cassandra -- yeah - she came charging down w/ a sword -- Kronos could stop her - i wouldn't put it past him having a gun on him or something - a throwing knife - something to keep Cassandra from killing Methos -- Kronos needs Methos -- so - then either K & M would fight, or M would run away (common reaction by the 5000+ yr old man) and K or C or both would go after him eventually -- if K didn't kill C after 'taking her out' ---

hmmmm -- anything else??????
 

Diamond9697

Lookin Good
Joined
Jun 16, 2001
Messages
1,798
good point...I hadn't thought about that double quickening thing. That could be interesting. Have to give it some thought. And I had thought about K maybe throwing a dagger at C lat night. It's definatly something he would do if he had recovered enough from the quickening which I would assume he would have, and since I never really like C much anyway....
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Highlander II Highlander 3
A Highlander 4

Similar threads


Top