Harry Harrison - 50 in 50

Red Queen

Tigger on Sugar Water
50 in 50 <--New Book

www.scifi.com reviews Harry Harrison's latest collection of Short Stories at http://www.scifi.com/sfw/issue216/books.html

(I'm going to ask and see if I can repost or at least post part of it here. They give it an A+ and also recommend his Deathworld Trilogy...I only remember the two...I'm going to have to doublecheck my shelves at home...)

I'll let you know what I think of it after I read it :smile:
RQ

Haven't read this one but have read two eath world novels and One Stainless Steel Rat novel and Bill The Galactic hero.:)

Mr Harrison died a few years ago. The first 3 SSR books were great fun. Went off the boil a bit as the series went on.
Thr first Deathworld story was great. The second two were interesting but not quite as good.
Enjoyed the first Bill book. Never read any of the others.

Personally, the most important thing about HH is that he edited an anthology called SF for Boys. I read this age 10, and I have been reading SF for the last 40 years, largely because of that. Fantastic collection of short stories.

The Stainless Steal Rat series, the first two or three anyway, have stayed with me since I read them by torchlight under the covers after lights out time. This would have been early eighties. They made quite an impression. As did Ursula le Guin, another sub-duvet discovery. Wait, that didn't sound right...

The Deathworld stories are great fun, even if the theme begins to wander a bit toward the end.