Dickson, Gordon R. : The Dragon Knight

Red Queen

Tigger on Sugar Water
The Dragon Knight

I'm really going to miss Gordon Dickson (he passed away earlier this year)...He wrote two things well--SF and Fantasy! (So, I'm making multiple forums :smile: )

Jim and Angie, moderns living in a medieval world (yes, Gordon Dickson was in the SCA, why do you ask ;) The books were fun, and smart and I always enjoyed reading them.

I'm going to re-read a few, and post reviews...unless someone beats me to it :)

RQ

I'm sorry to hear that Mr. Dickson has passed away. His Dragon and the George was one book I read more than once. My favorite scenes are where the Dragon is in the tavern cellar eating all the owner's hams and drinking all his wine. The second is where Jim is trying to talk to a ladybug and wolf's reaction is, "are you nuts?"

I'm sorry to hear that Mr. Dickson has passed away. His Dragon and the George was one book I read more than once. My favorite scenes are where the Dragon is in the tavern cellar eating all the owner's hams and drinking all his wine. The second is where Jim is trying to talk to a ladybug and wolf's reaction is, "are you nuts?"

A hilariously funny book and a classic by a great writer, :cool:

I read the Dragon and the George when I was very young. Are the others in that series worth a read?

I read the Dragon and the George when I was very young. Are the others in that series worth a read?
I may have read another one, but not quite sure for it didn't make an impression on me. Like I have said not sure.

What you might do is see if you can find some that have had reviews or maybe go to the search here and type in Gordon R. Dickson. You might try Amazon. com too, however they may be bias for they are into selling. Proof of this is that they allow good ratings for crappy harmonicas.

I may have read another one, but not quite sure for it didn't make an impression on me. Like I have said not sure.

What you might do is see if you can find some that have had reviews or maybe go to the search here and type in Gordon R. Dickson. You might try Amazon. com too, however they may be bias for they are into selling. Proof of this is that they allow good ratings for crappy harmonicas.
They seem to have good reviews on goodreads, but people who continue the series are predisposed to higher ratings.
The first book felt complete to me, but I guess I'll give his other work a try.