Shatner stars in new movie

little star

expert member
Hi everyone!!!

The source for the following bit is TrekToday:

William Shatner (James T. Kirk) has reportedly signed on to play the part of Professor Robert Strickland in 'American Psycho 2: The Girl Who Wouldn't Die,' the sequel to last year's low-budget horror hit.

Movie rumour site Coming Attractions reported that Shatner's character used to be one of the best profilers of serial killers at the FBI, before taking on a teaching position at York University. His last case at the FBI dealt with Patrick Bateman, the mass-murderer who is the film's main character.

Filming of Shatner's scenes has reportedly already started at the Glendon College Campus in Tpronto, where the rest of the film is also being shot. Many of Shatner's scenes will presumably also feature Milla Kundis, the film's female star, whose character attends the university at which Strickland teaches.

The original 'AmericanPsycho' was released in the US in early April of last year. Though it only grossed about $15 million domestically, with a budget of $8 million that still ensured a hefty profit for production company Lions Gate Entertainment. The sequel has a budget of $10 million and is being directed by Morgan J. Freeman.

Based on the novel by Brett Easton Ellis, the 'American Psycho' films tell the story of Patrick Bateman, a seemingly normal young man who spends his days working at his father's Wall Street company and his nights killing women. Though extremely violent, the original film was praised by critics for its commentary on male vanity and the emptiness of society.

The original Coming Attractions report contains more rumours on the film's development history. A release date has not yet been set.

>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~~>~

Sound interesting? I must admit, I am unfamiliar with 'American Psycho'. Don't think I heard of it before.

little star :star:

It's not a film that I've heard of either. Shatner isn't that brilliant an actor, but he never seems to be out of work, and his Tek books and TV show must give him a good pension.

RE: Never out of work

That's for sure. Also, in addition to the Tek books (TekWar, TekLords, TekLab, etc.) he's got a couple of Star Trek novel trilogies going, co-written with Judith Reeves-Stevens and Garfield Reeves-Stevens. They are Star Trek: Odyssey and Star Trek: The Mirror Universe Saga. I don't know how much "co-writing" stars do, or if their name is merely attached to attract readers, I guess the level of involvement can vary greatly.

time to retire Will.... i think he would be able to retire on his kirk job??? and just open a few shops here and there... LOL

Sorry.... i watched him recently on third rock.. and thought he had lost it...

Originally posted by Neo

I saw those episodes of 3rd Rock, too!

Actually, it would be interesting to know how the cast of TOS fared as far as royalties from the show's repeats. A lot of people who starred in shows in the 50's & 60's claim to have gotten ripped off.

bet he did not get ripped off.... ormaybe he did to have to star in 3rd rock ????

Originally posted by Neo
time to retire Will.... i think he would be able to retire on his kirk job??? and just open a few shops here and there... LOL

I thought he was great in 3rd Rock! I love the show anyway, and he was great, really funny. It seems that for a while he got sick of being "Kirk" to everyone, but now he's decided to not take it all so seriously and have some fun.. good on ya, Will!

well well.... i suppose some people would like him.... i just found him not funny.. but i am odd so maybe that explains it...LOL

hehe well I wasnt going to say anything, but if u insist, i agree ;)

NE1 seen "Free Enterprise" with Shatner, from a while back, he plays himself, and is fairly funny, taking the mickey out of obsessed trekkers and out of himself...

No when was that on??? dont remember that at all

ooooo i will have to look out for that

I have never seen "Free Enterprise". I think for awhile W.S. resented being known best as Kirk, maybe now he's come to accept it a little more. Hey, he shouldn't complain----I'm sure the money is good, and as Dave mentioned, he isn't the best of the best as far as acting is concerned. (Now Patrick Stewart is another story----always enjoy his acting, whatever the role.)

i'd have to agree there Lil Star, Shatner did get sick of it i think, but now he's enjoying it again cos hes realised its what hes best at :D

Patrick Stewart in XMen = :cool:

Well patrick is sooo good... his acting is far supto Shatner.... Patrick Stewart is at the moment doing a play in London ?? not sure what it is,, ???

Ditto guys!

BTW Neo...do I sense another backstage meeting with P. Stewart in the works??
:D :cool:

also...

we have to get Dave on researching that royalties question!

Originally posted by little star
Ditto guys!

BTW Neo...do I sense another backstage meeting with P. Stewart in the works??
:D :cool:

I do hope so..... but i doubt it.. as i dont htink i am gonna get to London soon... too busy

Sorry, I've no idea how much they get in royalities, but I can try and find out.

They all did special liitle interview clips, as introductions to the US SciFi Channel recent TOS reruns, and I had an URL where you could watch them, but it no longer works. Sorry, because they were interesting.

I would like to see 'Free Enterprise' as I have never. The other things I would like to see is the 'Late Show' interview with Shatner, when he told the fan to 'get a life', and the new film by Denise Crosby called 'Trekkies'.