Complex?

Originally posted by Neo
would not work really.... if it did happen would they be back on earth ???

pufff.. we had an alternate voyager, remember that voyager that was made of the black liquid stuff.. when kim and tom did an away mission on a class D planet (i think D) and died but did not and the alternates... etc.. and how Janeway let them copy the ship.

then sometime later, we watch an episode where Tom and B'lanna are getting married.. and random stuff is happening and then suddenly people start melting or something... they are the black stuff and holo doc eventually works it out and they try and get a message to real voyager but fail. no one knows. so sad.

I forgot about that... it was a well written episode... i too felt sad for the alternate crew.. Especially when they all died and no one got to hear about there previous missions.....

Do u thing that DS9 had too many alien cultures on to be able to create a story line that was beliveable....

No i don't think so.
The difference between tng, voyager and Deep space nine is that we know about ds9 characters a lot more than we do about the others. If it is a strategic point then the cultures are vast but they have never really given us too much to cope with. We learn about each of the cultures through a character we are already quite familiar with. It needs to have a lot to make it believable. To show the magnitude of the quadrant. Also when the war was on it involved the quadrant so more were introduced.

But we already knew about some of these cultures before ds9 started and the rest were introduced slowly. Cardassians
Klingons
Romulans
Ferengi etc...

I think what you say about DS9 is, not only true, but one of the reasons I liked it. We did meet the Cardassians and Ferengi earlier in TNG but they were cardboard cutouts like the Klingons were in TOS. DS9 made the Cardassians (although still horrid and sadistic) have reasons for their evil actions. It gave the Ferengi their greed and motivation, and made them funny. The Klingons were developed further, but TNG did them pretty conclusively.