1.01: Pilot Pt I

Dave

Non Bio
Staff member
PILOT, PT 1
Quinn Mallory, a physics graduate student, while experimenting into gravity wells in his basement lab, discovers travel to parallel dimensions of the same Earth. Excited by what he's learned, Quinn shows his friend Wade Wells and Professor Arturo and takes the two of them through the portal for what they think will be a four-hour journey. Turning the power too high, they accidentally bring passer-by Rembrandt Brown with them. They arrive on an ice world, and to avoid a tornedo must 'slide' before the four hours are up becoming permanently lost.

Just saw this for the first time yesterday. High production value, almost a movie-like quality.

And is anyone else reminded of Stargate? Quinn has a cat called Schrodinger, Gary Jones (The SG1 Chevron Guy) pops up in a comedy bit part. The whole concept of travelling through funky wormholes is similar, even if the destinations are very different.

The only thing I had a problem with was how the remote control device works. Does the traveller need to return to the original spot to jump through the wormhole?

I can't help you Tabittha.

I am confused as of this. if all of the balls Quinn threw into the Vortex came back after the time limit. Wouldn't Quinn automatly return when the limit exspired on the first world at least.

Also what do we call the first world? It has Elvis at the Mirage. a global cooling effect, and Red lights mean go.

ZachWZ

Originally posted by ZachWZ
I can't help you Tabittha.

I am confused as of this. if all of the balls Quinn threw into the Vortex came back after the time limit. Wouldn't Quinn automatly return when the limit exspired on the first world at least.

Also what do we call the first world? It has Elvis at the Mirage. a global cooling effect, and Red lights mean go.

ZachWZ

The first world you describe was the first world that Quinn visited, however, do we know for sure that Quinn went to the same world that his ball visited? And while we are on that subject, who threw the ball back to him through that vortex, eh? If the argument goes that the ball just got sucked back through the vortex, then wouldn't it just find the travellers at the right time?

Confusing!

Back