"Worst" old Star Trek film poll

nemesis

Worst Star Trek film? Seems anywhere between 3-5 is a frontrunner. Think I'll let those whales take the honour.

:mad: :mad: How can you dislike IV, the film is so much fun, on a serious plot level it is admittedly really weak, but the worst film in that respect has to be V or I, I will probably have to go with V because the story was even lamer than IV but without the take-the-piss-out-of-itself humour that IV had. Its not entirely without merit though, the character of Sybok was pretty cool as was huge anticlimax at the end, but in my opinion it is the weakest of the original trek films.

Yeah, IV was a comedy classic! ;D

If there's one thing the modern treks have never been able to capture, it was the great characters in the original cast - Kirk, Spock, McCoy and Scotty - great interplay! :D :D

V was a bit silly. I mean -"Let's go find God - oops, wrong one - blast Him with photon torpedoes!" :p

Yeah, well, it wasn't as though V was doing all that well prior to the end...that whole movie was well in the pot before that happened.

Hard core Trekkers who read all the books and fan-fiction and sometimes wear Vulcan ears to bed feel that V doen't count in the Star Trek universe. They feel that all other movies, books, TV series form a continuous story except V and the cartoon series. Myself I like five but considered it weak. There is an old Vulcan Proverb "Star Trek is like pizza, when it's good it really good. When it's bad,it's still pretty good."

who can forget John Larroquette and Christopher Lloyd as Klingons in 3. But of all the pre-real star trek (i.e. pre TNG) movies Star Trek V: The Wizard of Oz was the worst. I have a compulsion issue. If a movie has a space ship in it, I have to see it. I will never get that time back. My favorite movie with the pre TNG crew in it is Generations because Kirk dies.

4 was one of the best (2-4-6 and First Contact are my favorites). While 3 is bad, 5 is to me, without a doubt the worst.

Which one was The Search for Spock? That one was stupid.

"He's aging at the rate of four months per minute, but we stopped the process at exactly 58.4 years. Exactly the same age as he was when he died in the last movie." Oh brother.

I like the first movie—or Motion Picture, if you will—since the Nomad episode was one of my faves from the original series. (Though my absolute favourite was the episode with the Gorn. For an asthmatic lizard, that Gorn put up a darn good fight.)

Paige Turner said:
Which one was The Search for Spock? That one was stupid.

"He's aging at the rate of four months per minute, but we stopped the process at exactly 58.4 years. Exactly the same age as he was when he died in the last movie." Oh brother.

I like the first movie—or Motion Picture, if you will—since the Nomad episode was one of my faves from the original series. (Though my absolute favourite was the episode with the Gorn. For an asthmatic lizard, that Gorn put up a darn good fight.)

The Search for Spock (In Search of Spock?) was III. Rule of thumb: odds weak, evens strong. Exception maybe Nemesis which was even but should have been odd. (I think they made it weak intentionally because they were going to release it against LOTR-Return of the King.)

without a doubt V. pros: the Klingon blows up Pioneer 10. cons: everything else.

I loved I-IV. V was hilariously stupid (I MST3K'd it in the theater). After that I can't really remember them much.

The whale one was the only good one! I CANNOT park my car in a big parking lot and fix the location in my mind without flashing on the invisible cruiser in Golden Gate Park and "Everyone remember where we parked."

Edit: okay, I take it back. Wrath of Khan was better.

Star Trek IV The Voyage Home, which wasnt even a genuine Trek film. Even Jimmy Doohan said so. So I gotta go with the Engineer!