5.08: The Tomb

originally posted by shiloh:
One very cool little detail. On the Russian's arm patches was "3B1". The Russian word for 'star' begins with a letter that resembles "3", the word for gate with "B", so the Russian team was their equivilant to SG1.

that's really cool. how do you guys pick up these details. i never spot them until i read these posts and then go...oh yeah...duh!:blush:

Originally posted by tatter
a little confused about teal'c new goa'uld sensing abilities. i didn't think he could do that-just sam. otherwise, liked it:rolly2:
Even as far back as "Need", he seemed to be agreeing with Sam about presence or otherwise of Goa'uld-ness...

5.08: The Tomb.

No one wants to talk about this?

I liked it... It was predictable how only the Russians died, and a monster in a locked room story has been done so many times, even Stargate has done it before once... but it was well done.

There has been a good mix of stories this season.

Mmmm... I didn't like it at first, but I'm warming to it. Would've liked a bit more mythology, but it's true, it was a different approach, and well done.

Yeah I liked this one...it has been done before but I still liked it...it made me jump a few times..which is always a good thing;)

Nice to see the Russians back...with a secret mission to the rest of the team...like we didn't know that was gunna happen :rolleyes:

But overall...I liked it a lot :cool:

In THE FIRST ONES (ep 4.8) Teal'c ties up a group of SGC to find out which of them had been taken by a gould , hiding until one of them breaks thier restraints. Now in this episode he and Sam are able to sense the presence of a gould. Why didnt they just do that before then?

enjoyed this one, nice to see the Ruskies back again, and up to no good as always... shame Marina Sirtis wasn't in this one though...

Anyone catch what the fifth glyph in the sequence was?

I made it either Auriga, Corona Australis or Perseus.

I found this a pretty good ep, quite a few funny moments (mostly concerning Daniel)...but Teal'c's Goa'uld sensing power seems to turn itself on and off...maybe Junior likes to irk Teal'c every now and then by turning a couple of his senses off.

'Every time you get brain-washed, I have to move out!'
'It was not my intention.'
'No, to kill everyone was your intention. So, to ensure I'm never given an eviction notice again and yanked out by my neck, I'm gonna turn off a couple of your senses. You'll think again about dressing in metal clothes and bowing to a guy who just won't kick the bucket.'

The Russians always put a bit of an interesting tension spin on it...poor Jack definitely wasn't happy with them being around. And Daniel's, 'Okay, you go by yourselves down the dark corridor, and I'll stay here by myself in the dark chamber,' or some similar comment, was brilliant! :rolly2:

Well, that's my ten cents...I had a question and I've forgotten it...dang...I'll return when I remember :D

Bec

'And I've decided to quit smoking, except after meals and after MacGuyver.'

'He has the power of stupidity!'
'Yes, ma'am, and with the stupidity he has, he's the most powerful person in the world!'

'My cat's breath smells like cat food!'

Does anyone know the name of the creature ?

I liked the episode, but it was too predictable who was going to die. Only Russians and then only the male ... :rolleyes:
And there could have been more mythology too ...