5.02: Threshold

Actually, I kninda preferred last weeks ep. I was suprised that Popsy was in it (what was he *wearing*?!), but I felt that it didn't all fit. I don't think Teal'c would have served Apophis that long and well if he'd had any doubts. I thought it was good how his character was notably diffrerent, and somehow, he even looked different to me! I just felt ... well, I spose one of the drawbacks of watching a series like that is that I knew he wouldn't die (except that he did temporarily!), so there wasn't that much suspense.

Loved the bit at the end, when his life flashed b4 his eyes!:eek:

Oooh, and another thing that bugged me was I cannot stand that actor for Drey'auc, I much prefer the original one. Made me laugh tho, when my sister wondered out loud where Rya'c was, and then we saw that she was pregnant! ;)

This ep was great
I love the convo between bretac and sam and the woman/velour bit was great :D
I liked seeing teal'c past, we never knew too much about him.

I enjoyed this episode. Seeing Teal'c half naked helped too. I think Bra'tac is an excellent character in Stargate.

Who else guessed that Teal'c was lying the first time round before his 'torture'? Bet he didn't particularly like being strapped down through the eppy. But I'm sure there are fans of the *Mob* out there who would've loved to have been there.

annette :)

hehe know who you mean annette, bet they 'mobsters' would have been there in a heartbeat...peachy:D :D

you know who you are:D

:rolleyes: the mob gets everywhere these days :D

Forgot to say the woman/velour bit was funny as well! Thank Cronos for the late repeat or i'd have missed the eppy completely....

It seems odd that Teal'c would have doubts so early in his career, and yet serve ol' popsy for so long.. guess he couldn't see an alternative til that fateful day SG-1 turned up..

Originally posted by markpud

It seems odd that Teal'c would have doubts so early in his career, and yet serve ol' popsy for so long.. guess he couldn't see an alternative til that fateful day SG-1 turned up..

Yep i don't think that he would have any choice but to serve Apophis...Bra'tac has served false gods for years now...he tries to do a little good along the way but all in all what choice is there?
Plus in some way I don't think he really wanted ot beleive that he was a false god...and he had his wife and child to look after (not as thou the thought much about that when he left with SG1 that day:eek: )

that was odd, that he would just leave his family to join SG-1. Clearly the wife and kid were an after-thought by the script-writers ;)

Originally posted by kelsi
I don't think Teal'c would have served Apophis that long and well if he'd had any doubts.

They tried to explain that. He had never met humans who were free, and hadn't lost their spirit of freedom (truth and the American way). It was the first time that he believed they could actually defeat Apophis.

Would he leave his family? Probably not. You could see why he might not want his son to follow in the same path as he had, and his father before him though, so maybe he was doing it for Rya'c after all.

This was an obvious 'bottle show' --using the staff actors, no special effects, and lots of old clips-- to save money. They probably spent too much on last weeks opener. The thing is that I thought last weeks had been done before, and I didn't really like it, whereas this was good. Maybe they should do more of these.

one thing to learn from dave's thoughts.

NB. You do not need SFX to make a good episode!:) Plotline can sometimes be sacrificed for the WOW factor... but character development is paramount to a good show!

Loved this ep too :rolly2:

It was great to see into Teal'cs past.

Really enjoyed the ep.

Originally posted by Dave
This was an obvious 'bottle show' --using the staff actors, no special effects, and lots of old clips-- to save money.

But it wasn't "lots of old clips" except for the end bit where they showed Teal'c meeting SG-1. The rest of the flashbacks were new footage, and even the Teal'c meeting SG-1 bit had some new stuff, like Teal'c eyeing up Jack and co with his buddy when they were locked up...

I thought some of it must be 'new', but some of it was 'old', and the SG meeting Teal'c must have been 'old' but unused, otherwise it would be very hard to match it together.

Something that I found interesting is that in the shots when Teal'c was only a 'cadet-Jaffa in training' -- I don't know what they are called -- he does not have the gold mark on his forehead, but just a black rubber stamp. In the 'Stargate SG-1 Companion' book it says that that is exactly the design they intended for all Jaffa, until they came up with the better idea of a peel-off vinyl transfer covered with silicon paint.

'family' spoilers

well in 'family' i think it is.. the priests and drey'auc (at least when ry'ac's due his prim'ta) all had the black marks. probably just the first primes had gold ones but i can't say about other jaffa. but i did notice it in that ep.

I just want to express how impressed I was with the creators of Stargate today. I just saw "Threshold" last week, then today I saw "There but for the Grace of God" (season 1) again tonight.

At the end Jack is meant to hold off Teal'c from the Stargate for a few extra minutes, by persuading him that in an alternative reality he is working for the good guys instead of Apophis. I could see this coming, and I remember all the 'Apophis is my God' you-cannot-convince-me-otherwise business in "Threshold". I was almost rubbing my hands with glee to discover all the nits that I would find, but all it fitted together perfectly. I couldn't find a single thing wrong. Of course Teal'c doesn't believe Jack (He just blew up Chulak) and kills him, but it buys enough time for Daniel to escape.

This episode was so much better than last week, not least because of half-naked Teal'c! There was lots of action, and some emotional bits. Also some good humour:

Daniel: Did he say velour?
Jack: The material?
(or something along those lines, can't believe i forgot to record it!)

Teal'c: Silence, woman!
Daniel: Did he just call me a woman?

The look on Danny's face was priceless! :laugh2:

I really enjoyed the look into Teal'c's early life - he had doubts about Apophis for so long! :eek:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Daysman Critiques 5
w h pugmire esq H P Lovecraft 8
L General TV Discussion 10
S Stargate General Discussions 11