Lawless Caught In Spidey's Web

missferal

Kulls Chosen
Warrior Princess star Lucy Lawless told SCI FI Wire that, in a perfect world, she'd act in two films a year now that the show is nearing the end of its run. Xena's final episodes, "Friend in Need, Parts I and II," will air in syndication the weeks of June 11 and 18.

The New Zealand-born actress will waste no time making good on her plan: She'll put in a cameo appearance in the upcoming Spider-Man movie.

"I went to New York for a fleeting thing, and Sam Raimi, who is Rob's partner, is shooting Spider-Man," says Lawless, referring to Rob Tapert, her husband and Xena executive producer. "So I ran up to St. Marks Place with some of the wardrobe women/stylists on the movie, and we bought all this punk-rocker stuff. So I had studs in my nose, a short spiky wig and lots of earrings. I'm dragging on cigarettes. So I do this tiny little blink-and-you-miss-it cameo, but it was such fun. It was all fun and no responsibility. It was fun to wear these clothes, these punk pants and a ripped stocking shirt and great big black boots. It looked like I'd stomped on a couple of hedgehogs. And I wore it all the way home, because I wanted Rob to see my new look."

Of course, things got a little awkward when Lawless arrived at the airport. "It was very interesting to me, the reception I got from people," she recalled. "Some people looked away from me immediately. I guess they were a little afraid of me. Other people looked at me with absolute disdain. And some people were tremendously nice."