Lone Gunmen Cancelled

Mariel

I teach, therefore I rule
I heard that Long gunmen is going to be cancelled. Has anyone else heard this? :eek4:

I also heard this rumor and the show is not listed on the fall line up for Fox. :( :( :(

That sucks. The show is really good and really funny too. Oh well, I wonder if the X-Files will make it now too... :rolleyes:

I agree, I really liked the show. Especially the last episodes, I think they got better as the cast began to gel.
As to the X-files it was listed on the fall schedule the last time I looked at it.

That really is bad news. I also enjoy the program, and find it very funny. Although I'm not surprised with Fox, they tend to do it a lot. Many of my favorites series they present never live more than one season. So I'm really expecting that of them, everytime I see one of their series. :(

Krystal
newangel.gif

The show was cancelled b/c of low ratings, so we'll never find out how the cliffhanger turns out.

However, FOX is airing the 13th unaired episode this Friday, tho it may be delayed b/c of baseball.

"Cap'n Toby" - Langly comes to
the defense of his childhood TV hero, who has been accused of being a spy.

The Lone Gunmen first and only season is re-airing this summer, starting on 6/8/2001!
RH ;]

Lone gunman

I anyone else mad about the lonegunman being cancelled? I am and I am trying to get people to contact fox and let them know how much the show will be missed. They are not bringing it back because it didnt make any money for them on friday nights. Well how many people watch tv on friday nights? I say give the show atleast part of another season in another time slot and see how it does. If you are interested in contacting fox, go to www.fox.com and find their list of message boards and go into Fox Forum. Once in there you will find one for "Bring back the lone gunman". You can voice your opinion there. Every voice counts, the more people post messages the more they will see that people liked the show.

Welcome to ASciFi.

Welcome to ASciFi, gregs102!

I just want to say first -- you should count yourself lucky, in the UK these programmes are cancelled before we even get to see episode one -- how fair is that?

I hope that your campaign works because I'm looking forward to seeing the series, but unfortunately these TV studios don't usually change their minds.

Please post elsewhere around this site, it really is a great place to come. There are quizes, Fanfic, jokes, technical questions, news. If you want something else, start it yourself.

Hi gregs102.

As Dave said we don't always get the programmes we want to watch here in the UK. I was quite looking forward to seeing The Lone Gunmen. Lets hope us British fans get a glimpse of what you are talking about.

That said welcome to the x-files forum, keep posting, have fun and if you have any questions, problems don't be shy to ask.

Annette :D

Hello gregs102! I am not happy about the cancellation either. I really enjoyed the Lone Gunmen and I thought it just kept getting better, especially loved Yves and Jimmy!

You are right that they really didn't give the show a fair chance but unfortunately that happens way to often to shows with potential. They don't put them in the right spot or give them a good chance then cancel them.

AS Maria8475 said we do have a discussion group for the Lone Gunmen. Come join it and discuss what you think of the different episodes we have had a chance to see.

I will keep campaigning and hoping they bring it back.

...cancled?????????????

NO!!! Plese tell me that what I've herd are only rumors!

Why are all the topics gone???

Good Lord! Is this what happens when a series ends???

Lets hope not!
The Lone Gunmen has only just started in Australia (2 episodes so far) and i think its great!
Loved the first episode where the guy with the long hair (sorry, dont remember his name) throws up in that golf bag :D Funny stuff!

A Cancelation Theory

I have a way out guess as to why Fox gave this show the short shaft. The major underlining theme throu out the series as we saw it was not to trust the major media. This show was owned and produced by a major media outlet which includes severial news sources. unlike the X-files which dealt with the out of ordinary the Lone Gunmen was down to earth. Fox worried that this show would get people thinking so they nicked it in the bud.

that's as good as a guess that I got.

ZachWZ

At least you in the US got to see it. Us brits have got no chance. :crying: :crying:

annette :(