Seven Days in the UK

Sci-Fi16

OK, so this, as the 'Guardian' TV guide (Known, btw, for not blanking out swear words) called it 'light sci-fi meddling with the time-space continium' started last night on BBC 2.
Taking advantage of my siblings having not gained control of our pretty much broken TV control, I watched it.
Not all that bad.
Anyone else see it on BBC?, and if so, what did you think?

Is it just BBC2 making up for not having 'Buffy' or 'Farscape', or is it something more?

hy

i saw the 1st epi and i have to say i was disappointed to say the elast

later
iffat(its me name)
:alienooh:

jj

believe me u didnt miss a ting
crao acting,crap toryline

later
iffat

wat?

its cancelled already?oh well no point crying over spilt milk id there?

Hmmm, I am hearing little support from the UK. Oh well, no problem. Thinking back to it, I suppose I was just glad to see some new SF on screen.
Frankly, the storyline, without being quite as torturedgirl put it, seemed a bit routine. Routine as in you wait around for a disaster to happen, then go back in time to prevent it. No consequence in the long term, no potential on-going story I noticed.
I might as well just delete the thread if we're just going to get on the nerves of those who do not hate/contradict this programme.
I won't if it doesn't annoy them, but 7 days haters are evidently out numbered in this forum.

sci-fi 16

dont delete it.i mean its our problem if we hate the series not urs or anyone eslses, rite?
and its also our decision as to whtether we come onto her eor not. i mean not like nayones forcing us rite? its totally our deciosion.

later
iffat

I agree, don't delete threads because you don't agree with the views expressed-- everyone is entitled to their own view.

I would tell you what I think, but I haven't seen it, I've only looked at some websites. I wanted to see what the opinions of people here were, so I read this thread-- posting it doesn't mean that you are correct, but it's your valid opinion.

Its not that I didn't necessarily disagree with the other views, its just that putting this in amongst a forum intended for fans if the show seems to be asking for trouble.
But it is true that its their own choice if they come on here and find me criticising a show I know nothing about.
No, I shan't delete it.

yeh

ok heres the deal.im going nayway for a coupla months(vactaion)and seeing as it sme whos causing all the trouble it should calm down!!

later
iffat

Oh for goodness sake!
Haven't I made it clear? If people don't like our not liking 'seven days' all that much, then its their own choice. I'm asking for the opinions of UK viewers. Therefore, if your view is that its rubbish, then fine. Opinions are what I'm after. Which includes you, torturedgirl.
If we all thought the same, then we'd be very boring.
I sound like a teacher, and that line looks suspiciously like something Jsc told me once. Which must make it good advice because I remembered it, no matter who told me.

It was from my curiousity that this thread appeared at all.

So we've had two views: T-girl says that its c***, SciFi-16 that it's pedestrian. Are there any fans out there lurking? Tell us what is so good about it?

Just because a show is cancelled means nothing, lots of quality shows have been cancelled, lots of popular shows have been too. There are all sorts of political and production-related reasons, not just ratings.

True, but I've only seen one. There's only been one on.
If you watch it next week Dave, we can say what we think then.
There are going to to be other fans, just UK ones who haven't decided to come here. There's nothing to suggest that it's going to be a flop (music lingo, sorry, (I blame my sister. And the Guardian), 'it's not going to be a total disaster') here.

I will try and watch it or video it, but I'm pretty busy this week. I like time travel stories, so I thought that I would like this. I surfed some websites about it, with the episode storylines, and the fans there were very enthusiastic.
Originally posted by Sci-Fi16
the storyline, seemed a bit routine. Routine as in you wait around for a disaster to happen, then go back in time to prevent it.
That, unfortunately, is the whole point though. The government organisation 'Backstep' has been set up to undo disasters, they cannot act until one has happened, so it will always be reactionary. Unless, you can forsee the future, how else can you change it?

Fair point. Another is that they can't forsee the future and that, therefore, means that they must go back in time to prevent disasters occuring, hence the whole 7 days concept.
Its on tonight, and I was only suggesting that you watch it. If you don't want to, then don't. I'm not goingnto complain. Whether I watch it depends on whether or not I get in enough revision beforehand.

:eek:

I've watched the pilot and the next ep of 7 days, and I like it!!

I thought it is well thought out, and has interesting storylines, characters etc..

My family wathced as well, and we all liked it, i'm v surprised by the negative reactions here :eek:

hey

i dont understand the concept of 7days. i mean like the second epi dealt with the plague or something but that was ages ago so did he like go back 7 days then go back another 7 days and so on till he gets to before the plague?sorry im very dumb!!please explain! :)

iffat

umm it was a new plague that was released by the guy at the beginning... he went back just 7 days, to before it was released...

oh...................

oh....................right.....................i guess i missed that bit!! :) lol
god im weird!lol
ok so its a new plague!!lol
so for 7 days to work a new disaster would have to ahppen each week right?kinda gives a gloomy feeling to the world dpnt it?

klater
iffat