Little mistakes

Edward Harrison you said

when the stargate opens it has a swirling cone shaped watery blob of 'event
Now I dont think there is anything wrong with this because that was the first time they opened the stargate ( so we think) and the stargate had to align it self becase it was not used for thousands of years and maybe that is the cause of that BLOB
In the TV show there is no blob because they dont need to align the stargate anymore.
Well that is what I think.

Here is what I noticed.

In the movie Daniel was the one who found the 7th symbol and that is when Katherine and the others dialed Abydos.

But in The Torment of Tantalus Daniel found out that Katherine and her father have already opened the gate in the 50's which means that Katherine new the 7th symbol. Why did she need Daniel to find it again. Its kinda a weird situation

Here is one thing that I dont get. Stargate and the goa'uld ships are made of naquadah, but naquadah is extremely rare and is used to power generators, so how come they use naquadah as a power source and a building material. Maybe there are 2 types of naquadah one that is radioactive and the other that is a non-radioactive metal. Does anyone know?

Originally posted by summershake
In COTG she says she and her team tried hundreds of constellations but it never worked. So Daniel says that's what he did, but the locations might jave been destroyed or buried...
But these attempts were AFTER the first (i.e. film) mission, and Daniel is left on Abydos... my point was how come she didn't try it (i.e. all 38 or 39 glyphs) before Daniel found it - she is a PhD.

But in The Torment of Tantalus Daniel found out that Katherine and her father have already opened the gate in the 50's which means that Katherine new the 7th symbol. Why did she need Daniel to find it again. Its kinda a weird situation
Because Katherine herself didn't know that they had succeded in opening the gate the first time - we presume there was exceptional secrecy about those first openings, and Ernest went through on only the second or third attempt - and it was abandoned when he apparently died... given their ages there would be very few who would know, even if they were sworn to secrecy. So who would tell, and who would they tell, and who would believe it?

Originally posted by P'Teppic

But these attempts were AFTER the first (i.e. film) mission, and Daniel is left on Abydos... my point was how come she didn't try it (i.e. all 38 or 39 glyphs) before Daniel found it - she is a PhD.

I meant that she said she tried hundrets of constellations herself, but it didn't work because in COTG they said that it couldn't work because they had to update the aims with the Doppler-effect. All the planets she and her team tried couldn't get dialed cos the cartouche wasn't updated. The planets were destroyed, buried or the cartouche didn't work cos the plantes alredy moved away from the original aims on the cartouche.

summershake's signature

Only because my reproduction organs are not inside instead of outside meant that I would be not just as able as you.. ".

children of the gods

good one man!

Another difference on the gate itself, of course, are the chevrons have suddenly gone reddish and illuminate when locking.

mistakes

Hi, I just wanted to say I was a big fan of the movie first and foremost, and didn't get to see the series until my friend taped it for me and mailed it to me. So, I was always behind, but came to like it ok. I even went so far as to send Roland and Dean a letter telling them how much I liked the movie and sent along a story I wrote as a pre-quel to the movie. Of course they couldn't read the story, but loved my letter, I even got a call from his office thanking me. I have a few mistakes I found in the movie itself that I even brought up to them, here's a few.

Daniel pushes in the side of the temple wall as he's walking out, it's supposed to be rock.

After sha'uri's brought back to life after being shot by the guard, Daniel carries her back to the rings. Well, in one scene she has her arms around his neck, the next she's flopping back like she's dead, the next, her arms are back around his neck.

Then, the only other big thing I saw was the wires holding the gliders up as the flew around in the fight scenes.

Anyone got any others??

SS

Re: mistakes

Originally posted by sha'uri's smile
Then, the only other big thing I saw was the wires holding the gliders up as the flew around in the fight scenes.
Really? I didn't recognize that...haev to watch the movie again...for the fitieth time....:D :D
I'd liket o see more mistakes between the movie and the series...they changed so many things...it's funny!! :D :D

I just enjoy watching it now i'm banned from pointing out inconsistences plus i'm a complete pain for adding my own commentary-you know like what they REALLY mean when they say something. Not everyone appreciates it except my Dad and Sis who are completely hopelees at following plotlines so even if i only start watching half way through i have to tell them whats going on. In my home i'm undisputed Queen of Trivia ....come to think of it Queen of The Television would probably fit just as well:lol::lol::lol:

How about how long it takes the stargate to settle down in the film compared with the series.

and how shaky the whole complex got? when in the series it doesnt vibrate at all.

Also if carter had made the supercomputer dialing program that got the gate working, why was she nowhere near when they got it working?

Oh and how did Apophis know that Earths gate was active again? It isnt as if Ra could have told him

um.....

Oh yeah, and if radio waves transfer to through the stargate and keep a wormhole active, how come they could only keep an active one for like seconds when they usually have it on for ages when the probe is on

And one last thing, the abydos gate room is a hell of a lot smaller in the film

I think thats all my observations :)

Originally posted by AJ Storm
How about how long it takes the stargate to settle down in the film compared with the series.
Yeah, I've noticed that too. Sometimes the wormhole closes just seconds after SG-1 went through, but I can remember someone saying it takes about 30 or 45 seconds reaching the other gate through the wormhole.
and how shaky the whole complex got? when in the series it doesnt vibrate at all.
That's been explained in the series: They put shock absorbers around the gate...Hammond mentions that in 'Solitudes'
Oh and how did Apophis know that Earths gate was active again? It isnt as if Ra could have told him
He maybe just tried...and was lucky...lol :D :p

Yeah, something like.... Um I know, Ra aint around, lets go and visit all his lil colonies, and see if the tauri are home yet

What I can't understand though is the kids...... What have all them kiddies got to do with Ra, you never saw apophis with kids..............Actually, were Ra's guards branded on the forehead, I can't remember and I can't be bothered to go and put the DVD in the machine as its the other side of the room.

One thing I have wondered though, is why are the tok'ra called the tok'ra.... It means against Ra right? And if they knew all about the other guoulds, why not call them the tok'guould?

Mind you, that does sound quite naff

LOL...Tok'Goa'uld sounds great!
Well, I think they're called Tok'ra because Ra was the hightest System Lord before we killed him. When he got killed the remaining System Lord began to fight over his territory. Maybe that would be an explanation why Apophis visited our world after his death, too...

About the children...I have no idea. But I think I heard somewhere that Ra was famous for 'liking' children...I think that pops up in some fanfics...

But in the end these are things I can only speculate about...anybody with more knowledge around? Hello? :D ;) :rolly2:

Methinks they are not paying attention, the real question though, is what happened to those kids and Ra's followers when his ship blew up? Not sure if they were on the ship, and if they were left on Abydos then surely they would have been smacked around.

Oh, actually, forget that, the real question is where are the toilets on the mother ships? Figure if the stargate team wanted to go to the loo then how would they find them, it aint as if they have mens room labels on them.......

Geeze, I am letting my imagination get the better of me

better stop

These are serious questions...:D
I guess they'd *have* to have men's rooms cos even a little nice symbiote doesn't save you from...erm...having to...erm...take the little lord for a walk...LOL :p ;)

Now it does look like they can stop you from having to eat, and sleep, as you never see Teal'c eat or sleep, and I think they say they don't need sleep..... So on that basis, maybe, just maybe, they dont need to go and flush their systems so to speak....

I just got a hold of the final episode of series 5 that I aint seen yet, just came on TV on reruns here on Monday, gonna go watch it now, Peace!

will think of some nice questions again afterwards

Have fun! :D
Well, we see Teal'c eat in 'Urgo' and since he says that the pie tastes as usual we can assume he usually does eat.
What's right is that he hasn't got to sleep...he just has to perform Kel'no'reem...I'd like that...lol:D ;)

yuppers, it would be so cool, although I wouldnt try to communicate with the symbiote, cos that spells trouble, and they are ungrateful little gets

Oh, and I still think Teal'c has a funny shaped head