Uniform

New Uniforms and nothing else.

From Trektoday: and back on to the subject:

<<While talking with Bakula; Frakes and Spiner were especially taken with the new Enterprise uniforms. They admired the more contemporary uniforms that the official site described as having a "looser look, natural fibers that breathe and [lacking] uncomfortable foot stirrups." In addition, the uniforms will finally feature zippers and pockets on them.

Previously, the uniforms have been described as being navy-blue jumpsuits, featuring yoke colours that indicate rank and function, a black turtleneck, and a left-shoulder patch featuring a logo of the Enterprise.

While Frakes and Spiner only visited the set, another Star Trek veteran will apparently be actively involved in Enterprise. British Trek site StarTrekUK.com reported an unconfirmed rumour that stated Vaughn Armstrong will have a guest role in 'Broken Bow,' the two-hour pilot.>>

They just came for a good old nose around

There are so many threads now that I don't know where to post this!

It is mainly about the new uniforms and comes from 'Dark Horizons'. It comes from an anonymous person who was also at the UPN Enterprise launch:

" The uniforms are purple and look like a mix of a military uniform and Starfleet's uniforms. They are not neraly as form fitting. They have yellow stripes around the shoulders, not sure if those have anything to do with rank. There is also a badge of some sort on each forearm, it may be a NASA symbol, couldn't tell. On the show people don't quite trust the idea of there being a Starfleet and some people don't trust transporter technology. They are still freaked out when they see an alien, etc. It's very early on, I would say just a few years after Cochran first meets a Vulcan (around 2110)."

I think we need to stick to the threads we have got now... until the series actually start......

Blackman Talks Starfleet Uniforms

When he sat down to design the costumes for Enterprise, Robert Blackman knew that he wanted the Starfleet uniforms to be as realistic as possible.

Blackman spent two weeks designing the uniforms, and another week researching fabrics in order to create the right blend of realism, comfort and functionality. Indeed, these uniforms are so functional that they come with thirteen zippers.

"By 2051 we probably won't have done away with currency, with keys. The pockets reflect a little bit of who we are now," Blackman told USA Weekend.

Another unique feature of the new uniforms are the Enterprise patches, which depict a miniature version of the ship. "I really pushed hard for these," Blackman said. "If you look at NASA astronauts, they look like race car drivers. Their suits are covered with patches. This is a ship patch and it's the only one we're going to have on our suits. I wanted name patches too, but this is a start."

Blackman also talked about the design philosophy behind the costumes for the mysterious Suliban. "The Suliban are the villains," he said. "The costumes are made to appear to be a similar texture as skin because these aliens have the ability to metamorphose into other things."

I think that current military/NASA flightsuits with all the appropriate patches and name/qualification badges would have looked fine too. In any case they are a vast improvement over all previous Star Trek uniforms, which lacked any functionality or looks.

Well i for one agree..... they seen far more user friendly

hey

ok now that the series has started in usa what do u think of the actual unifors?any good?

I for one think they are smart and user friendly... and dam sexy

is that all u think about?lol hpw about convernience and stuff?lol

When Jonathan Frakes & Co. visited the set, they reportedly said that they would have died to wear uniforms like that, instead of the uncomfortable spandex jumpsuits they had.

What was wrong with the shirts Kirk had? (Apart from the poor quality material that got torn in every fist-fight.)

lol

that was fuuny
after each fight hed have to geta new uniforn!!!imagine the cost considering he got inot a fight in alomost every epi!lol

And had his shirt ripped to pieces...