Serpent's song

Would Daniel kill Apophis?

• Yes, Apophis deserves it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, Daniel was upset and would act out of character.

• Maybe, don't know.

• No way, Never!

• Why would he. When Jack seems so willing to do it for him?

• Total voters

Maria8475

It goes on.....
This has absolute no real point. I just wanted to attempt a poll!! :D Okay in Serpent's Song Daniel threathened to kill Apophis, would he have??

I have no say NO WAY! I think Apophis was right when he said Daniel didn't have the will to kill him.

Any other opinions?

Maria :star:

Hmmmm, not having seen that episode yet, I'd have to say I'm not sure if he would have or not. I don't know if he would have been able to kill him then, but, I do think he has the capability to kill Apophis some where down the line.

(possible spoiler)

Remember how he killed all those go'auld larva in that one episode, i think it was Bloodlines. I think, if Apophis were ever to hurt someone Daniel cares for again in the future, then yes I think Daniel would be able to kill him, given the opportunity.

But that's just my opinion:D

I voted "no way" too. I think he was seriously considering it, and he hates Apophis enough to kill him, but ultimately Daniel is too conscientious and humane to kill someone helpless like that --- but, if (or when) he met up with Apophis in a fair fight, I think he'd do it.

Originally posted by shiloh
Daniel is too conscientious and humane to kill someone helpless like that --- but, if (or when) he met up with Apophis in a fair fight, I think he'd do it.

yeah i have to agree with you there......and good for him!

Daniel would shoot back in a crush as part of a survival instinct.

But he's not a cold blooded killer.

Yeah Jack did seem a little eager to want Apophis dead huh?? "The only mercy i showed was not blowing his head off!" Well that could have been fun to watch!! LOL

LOL

I voted for YES, he was upset...
Since he got back to earth after Apophis had kidnapped Sha'uri he tries to find her. And then his biggest enemy lies in front of him...and he couldn't do something against Danny
It would have been a big chance...
But Apophis didn't tell him where Sha'uri is so he couldn't kill him. I think that was the main point.
Just my opinion...:D :rolly2:

Yes, that's also what I am thinking. Daniel couldn't of killed Apophis because that would of eliminated his chance of getting out of him Sha're's location. But would he do it in the future?
Hmm, no, he is no cold-blooded murderer, but that's not to say he wouldn't do it. He certainly has good reason, and it's not as if he hasn't shown a more aggressive side before: 'Bloodlines', 'Need', I personally would include 'Gamekeeper' also.

Yeah, I also don't think he would do it in the future. It was just one very special moment and in htis moment he was able to kill him.

no i still can't believe he would. not if Apophis was lying, strapped to a bed, totally helpless. He does have a tough side but I think the peacemaker in him is too strong to kill in cold blood.

Hi Maria!
I visited your Daniel Jackson.com page to read more 'Daniel babble'!
It's really great. I loved your quizzes! And the beautiful Danny-pics.
Congrats!!!
:D :rolly2:

LOL

Okay, still in my opinion Daniel would have been able to kill Apophis exactly at that moment.

But I guess we'll never agree...LOL

I liked the idea that the story was not only about the goa'uld, but also about his host. When we see how many goa'uld are killed we never think about their innocent hosts. It must be horrible having a goa'uld in your body, maybe for thousands of years, and you can't do something against it.

Not a nice thought...:(

Originally posted by Maria8475
no i still can't believe he would. not if Apophis was lying, strapped to a bed, totally helpless. He does have a tough side but I think the peacemaker in him is too strong to kill in cold blood.

how about warm or hot blood?:rolly2: :D

Originally posted by summershake

I liked the idea that the story was not only about the goa'uld, but also about his host. When we see how many goa'uld are killed we never think about their innocent hosts. It must be horrible having a goa'uld in your body, maybe for thousands of years, and you can't do something against it.

Not a nice thought...:(

oh good point, in the curse wasn't Daniel BRAGGING about all the Goa'uld SG1 had killed. I guess he forgot that they were all human once!

Why would he brag about it? Doesn't really sound like him. Haven't seen that one though.
I'd say he has every reason to think what he does about the Goa'uld after what they've done to him. But its not as if he's totally oblivious to the existance of the host. He helped Apophis' host in 'Song', and, looking at it from his point of view, you'd think why he believed Sha're in 'Secrets' if he'd decided that 'nothing of the host survived'.

Now we know that something of the host survives.
So I just liked that point of view...:p

spoiler for the curse

He was only bragging about it to another Goa'uld, Osrisis. I think it may have been an attempt at being threathening? Anyway i'm sure he thought about the host.......she was an old flame of his! (i know, I know, ANOTHER one!)