Sliders back on our screens (UK)

markpud

Former Ascifi.com mod
Starting from the beginning, on the Sci-Fi channel, starting Sunday 13th May 2001. I think it was 9pm but i cant quite remember now.. :cool:
(Not great timeslot for me but i'll try to catch it or tape it or something..)

is that the part where they haveto get off the frozen world quickly do they slide without waiting for the timer to run down and therefore become lost?? Thats somewhere in the first double ep ;)

Yes. Most of the frozen world bit.

The first time it was shown on Sky One in two parts and I didn't discover it until part 2. The second time my video didn't work. Then when it was on BBC2 I had to leave before the end.

wtabout.............

any news as to wen its back on terrestrail channel?
later
iffat
:alienooh:

bbc?

thatll be the day wen they listen to us"common folk" but i guess anythings worth a try

later
iffat
ps how did the series end?

Re: bbc?

Originally posted by torturedgirl
ps how did the series end?

Unsatisfactorarly.

I videoed the first episode. I was suprised how young they looked, and at how much I had forgotten-- such as his first experimental slide, and the visit from the alternate Quinn who had been sliding for a while already.

It clashes with 'Dark Angel' on Wednesday evenings!

jj

that doesnt answer my question!!!how did it all end? :)

later
iffat]

I saw it, but I can't remember exactly.

There was no closure, if that's what you are looking for.

They decided to carry on sliding, but as you are probably aware only Rembrant remained of the original cast, and was the only one who would wish to get back to our Earth. Wade's brain was residing inside a machine somewhere. Arturo died. Quinn was merged with a different Quinn, but neither of them came from our Earth anyway. Colin wasn't from our Earth. Maggie had wanted to come to our Earth after hers was destroyed. Diana was forced to flee her own world but had nowhere in particular to go. Our Earth was still in the hands of the Kromaggs, as was several hundred other parallel Earths.

yeah i replied to that one, so i guess we should let this thread drift back to the series... tomorrow is the day for me to watch ep#1,....

hyhyhy

oh ite.
man that suks!!!how could tehy let everyone go downhill?

later
iffat

probably cos the actors wanted to quit... I think the season after Quinn gets merged is the last one??

hth

yeh ithink it was even though i havent sin it

later
iffat

hi, i'm a fan of sliders and 4 a while i would never miss a single ep...the last ep i saw was when Rembrant and Wade went home and quinn and this women from another world had 2 carry on in a world of the future and the professer was dead.

i didn't no that there was a forum on Sliders

reading this a lot has happened after bbc 2 dropped sliders

"Sliders back on our screens(UK)"...and back ...and back...

The Sci-Fi channel have just repeated last weeks episode of 'Sliders'--'Eggheads' again instead of the advertised 'The Weaker Sex' episode. Is this just incompetence, or is there some reason?

Does it offend women? or men? or did they just really like the "Eggheads" episode?