ST: X - Nemesis

DAve have u seriously kept away from the info about 'endgame'... if u have u deserve a medal......

Then PIN IT HERE!

P
o
s
s
i
b
l
e

s
p
o
i
l
e
r
s

I know that it is set in Earths future, that Janeway has grey hair, that there is some sort of temporal anomaly, and that the Borg feature heavily.

HOLD ON! Isn't that just every episode of Voyager?

Star Trek: Nemesis.

Just to say that there is speculation that the films title will be Star Trek: Nemesis, since Paramount have applied for it as a trademark.

I feel so sorry for everybody who lives in Europe! Voyager ended months ago here in Alaska. I wouldn't be able to stand not knowing if Voyager had gotten home or not.

Interview with John Logan.

The latest issue of DreamWatch magazine, just out in the UK, features an exclusive interview with Gladiator screenwriter John Logan, in which he talks about writing Star Trek X and the remake of The Time Machine. Here are some excerpts of the interview :

"I went in and said 'This is the story I wanna do, and these are the three things I want to happen in the movie" Logan said to DreamWatch journalist David Hughes, about being invited by producer Rick Berman to contribuite a story to the tenth Trek movie "And they're bold - there are some bold choices. And to my great delight, everyone at Paramount said 'Absolutely, let's take some risks. Let's see this characters grow. And if you want to write a great antagonist and tie him into these people, go ahead and do it'. They [Paramount] were very supportive about it."

Actor Patrick Stewart, who has story and script approval, was equally enthusiastic, according to Logan "When I came in with these rather bold ideas, Patrick was very much on board, in terms of saying 'Let these people spread their wings and be the characters they can be, rather than just be bottled versions of the characters on the TV show.' During the development, I would call him and say 'Here is the story, here's what we're doing. I want your feeback.' He was great. He'd say 'That's not good enough, that's cliched, that's great, I love this idea'.

Logan, who has written three treatements amd was due to deliver his first draft of 'Trek X' just before the threatenet writer's strike, said he can't confirm or deny any of so-called the internet rumors "I could, but then they'd hunt me down and kill me" he jokes "I hope we are recapturing some of the spirit of First Contact and The Wrath of Khan, in terms of this [being] a big old adventure movie. While some elements are incredible character-driven, I hope those won't exclude the general audience. Or it will be 'the worst of time', believe me !"

thanks everyone...

for all the great info!

Hope this movie is a great commercial success when it finally comes out---to motivate them to keep making the movies! I'd hate to see it end with ST:X!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BTW, does anyone have any 'ranking' info on the ST movies---which made the most money, fans' favorites, etc.?
---might make a good topic for gen. discuss. section.

little star :star:

I will try and find out the box-office sales figures for you. As for fan favourites, why don't you start a poll. Put me down for 'The Voyage Home' with 'First Contact' a close second. The winner would supposedly be 'The Wrath of Khan'??

The 'Star Trek Monthly' Magazine found a different order....
...Hey! I'll post it myself in General Discussions if I find the other info.

News on Star Trek: X

Academy Award nominated director and editor Stuart Baird has signed on to direct the tenth Star Trek feature film, Variety announced on 25th July 2001.

Baird directed the 1998 'The Fugitive' sequel, 'US Marshals,' which starred Tommy Lee Jones, as well as 1996's 'Executive Decision.' He also served as executive producer on this year's archaeological action thriller, 'Tomb Raider.'

As an editor, Baird was nominated for Academy Awards twice, in 1979 for 'Superman' and in 1989 for 'Gorillas In The Mist.' Additionally, he edited the feature films 'Demolition Man,' 'Maverick,' 'Lethal Weapon' and served uncredited on 'Mission Impossible II.'

According to his filmography, Baird has worked in the film industry for over thirty years, filling positions ranging from second unit director to associate producer.

TNG castmemebers LeVar Burton and Jonathan Frakes were previously rumoured to have been given the director's chair, both having helmed episodes of the televison series. Frakes directed the Trek feature films 'Star Trek: First Contact' and 'Star Trek: Insurrection.'

Spoilers /Rumours

WARNING SPOILERS

w
a
r
n
i
n
g

Big Huge Spoilers for Star Trek:X Ritterson Keys- Episode Guides

Commander Shinzon, the main villain in the film, is human - but not just any human. He is a clone of Jean-Luc Picard, created 25 years ago by a Romulan general to replace Picard. Out of fear for the Federation, the Romulan Senate decided against the plan, and gave orders to kill Shinzon. But because of who Shinzon was and what he could become, the general saved his life and sent him at the age of three to Romulus' sister planet Remus, where he was forced to work in a dilithium mining camp.

Shinzon's appearance is described as "a dynamic young man in his twenties... very handsome with pale, almost white skin and shining, golden hair." The resemblance to Picard as a youth, seen when Picard browses an old family photo album, is striking. Both Shinzon and Picard refer to mirrors, but while Shinzon looks at himself as what he is and what he's become (the past), Picard looks at himself as what he can be (the future).

The cloning process wasn't perfect, though. Shinzon was designed with "temporal RNA sequencing" so that he could age fast enough to reach Picard's age. However, the sequencing was never activated, and as a result Shinzon is dying. The only thing that can save him is a "myelodysplastic infusion" from the only person in the universe with the same DNA - Picard. But Picard would never do this voluntarily, as it would kill him.

Shinzon's physical condition hasn't stopped him from trying to realize his dreams - to reunify Romulus and Reman, to go to war with the Federation and to reclaim the Neutral Zone. He and his Reman troops burst onto the floor of the Romulan Senate, and his troops assassinate a female member of the Romulan Senate named Tal'aura. Using a previously unseen Reman Warbird, the Scimitar, he intends to go to Earth and use the ship's super weapon to strike the Federation at its very core. ("Kill that heart and the Federation will die.")

It also has a bit about the Android B- 9 which I posted under the thread Data's Brother (another brother?)

And there is another bit about the death of a major character.

hmm well this is certainly an interesting development for the film, pIcard battling against a younger version of himself in essence... I hope this new warbird looks very cool as well :smile:

i read that jonathon frakes was going to be directing this, and that sean connery was going to be in it? anyone know if this is true?...peachy

So far its just a rumour ... but who knows.... I read that as well

Source: Corona Coming Attractions

Coming Attractions has posted the first major casting rumor regarding a possible actor for the Trek X villain "Shinzon", that is if that character info is accurate. The website reveals that well know actor Sean Connery is up for the role. This of course is to be considered a rumor until there is official word of some kind.

I didn't know about Sean Connery, but I knew that they were looking for a big name to make Shinzon a great villain to stand up alongside Khan.

Many fans have been knocking this as simply a rip-off of ST:II. A good villain always makes a film though. It will be a different story completely. (Unless you think all James Bond films are the same because they all have a villain, smart gadgets and fast cars -- maybe they do.)

The mariage of Riker and Troi may not now take place at the start of the film, but later instead. Troi is later psionically attacked and Riker gets all macho to protect her.

All rumour of course to be taken with large pinches of salt.

Originally posted by Dave

All rumour of course to be taken with large pinches of salt.

Sure, definitey!

I hadn't heard about the Sean Connery bit either, so thanks to peachy for posting it here. I did however hear that TPTB were looking for BIG names to attract more people to the box office ---- people who aren't necessarily big die-hard ST fans, so that this movie can be a big commercial success.

Well, of course, being a big ST fan, I'd see the movie no matter what, but to have Sean Connery in it, well, that would be awesome! I'm sure it would be an attraction for a lot of people.

The only thing is, how will that work? I mean, if the villian is a younger-Picard type. Isn't Connery a bit older than Patrick Stewart??

little star :star:

Originally posted by little star
The only thing is, how will that work? I mean, if the villian is a younger-Picard type. Isn't Connery a bit older than Patrick Stewart??

I don't understand that either. I read that Shinzon is a clone of Jean-Luc who is dying because he cannot age, and is stuck in a youthful state. How can Sean Connery plan that part??

But all or none of this could be true, so we'd be best to wait and see.

At the Slanted Fedora convention in Las Vegas yesterday, LeVar Burton apparently revealed an interesting new titbit about the next Trek movie.

According to Barbara at the convention, Burton told the crowd that Whoopi Goldberg (Guinan) has been asked to appear in the movie's opening scenes. The actor said that the film opens with 'an event' which Guinan would be attending. Based on previous spoilers for the film, this event is likely to be the wedding reception of Commander Riker and Deanna Troi in Alaska. Please note that this has not been confirmed by Paramount, and should be treated as rumour.

Also at the Convention was William Shatner (James T. Kirk), as reported by Star Trek.com. Shatner announced that he will have a recurring role in the new ABC sit-com Bob Patterson. The comedy will also star Jason Alexander who appeared in the Voyager episode 'Think Tank' and is to be produced by former Deep Space Nine scribe Ira Steve Behr.

When asked about the next Star Trek series, Enterprise, Shatner said: "I know nothing. My thought is a complete blank." He stated that he's never seen a full hour of any of the recent Star Trek series, but then said he has never been able to watch much television in general.

Originally posted by Dave

So nothing new there then!

So true...........

Rumours flying around about whoopie goldberg staring in the film as well... Love her.. she is sooo funny