Fave Quote

GateGirl

Jaffa Hunter
I was just wondering what everyone's favourite quotes from the series were?

I know mine list into the hundreds, Garibaldi being the main benefactor of some classic lines as well as G'Kar, the whole scene with him and Londo trapped in the elevator after the bomb explodes gets me everytime.

What are your faves?

:twirl:

That is tough, there are just to many classic lines.

I loved the scene where in Severed Dreams Delenn and the Minbari ships show up just as B5 is about to be attacked by more EArth Force ships. Her reply to the earth captain was classic. "only one human has ever defeated a Minbari ship, he is behind me you are in front of me, be somewhere else"

Also loved the B5 Mantra by Ivanova in which she says "Ivonava is god".

Those are just a couple of them.
:cool:

Ivanova's Mating Dance

That whole Ivanova song and dance when that Alien Ambassador requests that to cement trade negotiations that they have sex. Ivanova has to do it her way since the Ambassador's way was not viable so she did that whole song and dance routine.

"...boom shaka laka laka...." or something close to it

Made me laugh:rolly2:

Re: Ivanova's Mating Dance

Originally posted by GateGirl
That whole Ivanova song and dance when that Alien Ambassador requests that to cement trade negotiations that they have sex. Ivanova has to do it her way since the Ambassador's way was not viable so she did that whole song and dance routine.

"...boom shaka laka laka...." or something close to it

That was a great scene :D . Just loved it.
Also at the end where Sheridan gives her the gift from the ambassador and she opens it and one of the things it says it "next time my way" Just loved the look Sheridan gave her and the look on Ivonava's face.
:rolly2:

I really like some of the things that Marcus says. :rain:

There is one of the shows where he is fighting all these people and he kicks all of there behinds and they've all passed out, the he says something like Damn, now I have to wait for one of them to wake up. :D

I also enjoyed where he sang "Henry the eighth" :lol:

Marcus is one of the best charaters on B5. When he gave his life for Ivanova I was so upset. It just wasn't the same without him around.

I thought his Sarcasm and wit brought in a breath of fresh air, just when everything was getting really heavy.:rolly2:

They both had an electric personality...They charged up the show.;)

Marcus really made the show for me. One of the first episodes I ever saw was the one when he came on the show. I guess when I think of the Rangers it will always be Marcus and his personality I think of.

As to favorite quotes I love in the "Rocks cried out no hiding place" When Delenn is calling Sheridan "grouchy, crochety etc."
and the look on his face when he finally realizes it.

What about when Sheridan says

"Now get out of our Galaxy" - i liked that bit!

The whole speech that G'Kar gives to Londo when the Centauri overun the Narn home world, always brings a lump to my throat :). It's from the episode "The long twilight light struggle".

Quotes

There were so many. Some funny, some sad, many thought provoking. But I think there were two that summed up the entire show.

This one from the very end of the series.

"It changed the future
...and it changed us.
It taught us that we have to create the future
...or others will do it for us.
It showed us that we have to care for one another
...because if we don't, who will?
And that true strength sometimes comes from the most unlikely places.
Mostly, though, I think it gave us hope
...that there can always be new beginnings.
Even for people like us."
Gen. Susan Ivanova, En'tel'za
'Sleeping in Light'

And this.

"Faith manages."
Delenn

Rowan

Quotes

Marcus was brilliant!

I like it when him and Ivanova are searching for the First Ones:

"I've just got a report saying {some ship} has recently seen something God-like. Since neither you nor I were in the area, we must assume it was the First Ones."

"That's a lot of ships."
"That's a bloody awful lot of ships!"

I like that scene from one of the last episodes where Sheridan and Franklin are talking about the recent attacks when Delenn bursts in:

Sheridan: "I swear, if someone else does something irrational, I'm gonna shoot myself!"
Delenn: "Bastards!"
Sheridan: "Excuse me?"
Delenn: "BASTARDS!!!"
Franklin: "Did she just...?"
Sheridan: "Uh huh."
Franklin: "I'll get the gun."

As for the aforementioned "sex" scene. I love it so much, I've got a WAV file of it! Here's how it goes:

"To conclude our arrangement, we shall have sex human-style."
"Mmm. Are you sure?"
"Yes. Ignorance is an inferior trait."
"That's what I thought. Are you ready?"
"Yes."
"Here we go. Mmmmm....Ahhhh...Mmmm...BOOM-shabalaba-BOOM-shabalaba. HEY There, HEY there. Three bags full. You come here often? Yes I do. Dinner-shabalaba. DRINK-shabalaba. Kiss, kiss,kiss,kiss, GRAB! How do you like it so far?"
"Er..I..Ah..?"
"I slept with you the other night. You didn't call. You didn't write. I think you did it just for SPITE! Yes, oh yes. Tell me about your portfolio. Yes, yes! Lie to me about your family. Yes..oh yes...OH YES, YES, YES, YES, YEEEESSSSS!!!! Oh, oh...You're good."
"What do I do now?"
"Old style, you roll over and go to sleep. New style, you go out for pizza and I never see you again.":rolly2:

Another great Ivanova from the scene just before she goes up against the Shadow-enhanced Earth Destroyers:

Earth Captain: "Who is this? Identify yourself!"
Ivanova: "Who am I? I am Susan Ivanova. DAUGHTER of Andrei and Sophie Ivanov. I am the right hand of vengeance! And the boot that is going to kick your sorry ass all the way back to Earth, sweetheart! ...God sent me!":evil:

Next, a Zack quote from Thirdspace:

"You are all in violation of station ordinance order 32B. That means GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE!"

Finally, Garibaldi arguing with Lockley about a recent alien attack:

"No, I didn't ask if they could access our codes! I also didn't ask if they'd wax the hull and deliver pizza!"

LOL, I loved the "sex scene". I laughed so hard when I saw it. :lol:
:blpaw:

Have only seen the first 2 seasons - obviously I have a lot to look forward to :)

I like Londo on the Hokey-Kokey to Delenn + Draal: "It means nothing!"

Also Londo: "Have I ever told you, Delenn, that you are very cute for a Minbari? [To Garibaldi, next to her at the table] And you are cute too, in an annoying sort of way. Everybody's cute. Everybody's cute! Even me. But in purple, I am stunning!"
[Passes out]
Vir: "Ah, he has become one with his inner self"
Garibaldi: "He's passed out"
Vir: "That too"

(Parliament of Dreams)

Anything else.....

Like the B5 mantra

Also Garibaldi to Londo at the end of Midnight on the firing line:
"Yes, I would have (killed you). But I'm equally glad I didn't have to. The paperwork's a pain in the butt"

Too many to remember really, but I thought the above should not be forgotten.

Rik

Ah ... quotes!

Quotes! Wonderful things. A quick and speedy medium one can use to tell the temperature of any given moment in a episode.

A few of my favorites:

"I can only conclude that I'm paying off karma at a vastly accelerated rate."
~ Cmdr. Ivanova, "Points of Departure"

"Dammit, what do you want? What do you want from me? You know, ever since I got here I had this feeling that .. that you've been watching me. The record shows you hardly ever went to council meetings until I showed up. When I was captured, it was you .. reached out and .. touched my mind. Now you call me
here. Why? Just to throw me out? Are we just toys to you, ha? What do you want?"
"Never ask that question."
"At least I got a response out of you. So, what will it be, Ambassador?"
"I will teach you."
"About yourself?"
"About you. Until you are ready."
"For what?"
"To fight legends."
~Sheridan and Kosh, "Hunter, Prey"

"We are the universe, trying to understand itself."
~Delenn, "Passing Through Gethsemane"

"This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our
protection. Withdraw, .. or be destroyed."
"Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship."
"Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else."
~Delenn and Captain Drake, "Severed Dreams"

"I am a Ranger. We walk in the dark places no others will enter. We stand on the bridge and no-one may pass. We live for the One, we die for the One."
~Marcus to Neroon, "Grey 17 is Missing"

"I once saw a chorus line of purple wombats doing show tunes in my bathtub. But I was a little drunk at the time"
~ Michael Garibaldi

"This is the White Star Fleet. Negative on surrender...we will not stand down."
"Who is this? Identify yourself."
"Who am I? I am Susan Ivanova, Commander, daughter of Andrei and Sophie Ivanov. I am the right hand of vengeance, and the boot that is going to kick your sorry ass all the way back to Earth ... I am Death incarnate, and the last living thing that you are ever going to see. God sent me."
**White Star opens fire on Earthforce fleet**
~Ivanova and Earthforce Advanced Destroyer Captain James,
"Between the Darkness and the Light"

"You don't frighten easily"
"I work for Ambassador Mollari. After a while nothing bothers you."
~Elric the Technomage and Vir Cotto, "The Geometry of Shadows"

"I'll gain weight!"
"Well, briefly, yes."
"Figures. All my life I've fought against imperialism. Now, suddenly I *am* the expanding Russian frontier."
"But with very nice borders."
~Ivanova and Franklin, "A Distant Star"

And ... as always ...

"It changed the future
...and it changed us.
It taught us that we have to create the future
...or others will do it for us.
It showed us that we have to care for one another
...because if we don't, who will?
And that true strength sometimes comes from the most unlikely places.
Mostly, though, I think it gave us hope
...that there can always be new beginnings.
Even for people like us."
~ Gen. Susan Ivanova , "Sleeping In Light"

With words like these, how can you go wrong? ;)

Rowan

More Marcus

I just remembered another quote from Marcus. It's from the episode where a group of people kidnap Delenn. Marcus goes Down Below and after questionning various people, beats them in unconsciousness:

"Oh, bugger! Now I'm going to have to wait 'til one of them wakes up!"

Another is one between Franklin and Ivanova:

"I can give you something for the pain."
"NOW you can give me something for the pain?! Where were you during puberty?!"

Then there's a great exchange between London and G'Kar from an episode where after a terrorist bomb they're both trapped in a lift but are about to be rescued, much to G'Kar's annoyance:

Londo:"You see! We're going to live!"
G'Kar:"Well, it is an imperfect universe."
Londo:"*******!"
(Silence)
Londo:"I hate my life."
G'Kar: "I hate your life!"
Londo:"SHUT UP!"
:D

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Maria8475 Charmed 4
Maria8475 Smallville 16
Maria8475 Charmed 90