Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 Star

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

markpud

Former Ascifi.com mod
Probably way too tecchy a question for this new little forum, but here goes...

The Kromaggs are what evolved on one/a few alternate earth's instead of humans. They evoloved from Cro-Magnon Man, rather than Neanderthal Man, right?

Now i'm no ancient historian, but I thought that humans actually evoloved from cro-magnon.... but maybe this is a recent discovery???

Answers on a postcard :D

I have to vote for what the hell all you talking about. :lol:
I'm clueless about that so don't mind me. :erm:

Krystal:D

so thats one vote for "aint got no clue" and one for "what the hell..." :D

i asked the question, so i don't have to vote ;)

Originally posted by markpud
The Kromaggs are what evolved on one/a few alternate earth's instead of humans. They evolved from Cro-Magnon Man, rather than Neanderthal Man, right?

Now I'm no ancient historian, but I thought that humans actually evoloved from cro-magnon.... but maybe this is a recent discovery???

I think you are correct Markpud, but I'm not an Archaeologist either.

Couldn't we both be evolved from Cro-Magnon Man though, (within the framework of the story). I don't remember them saying anything about Neanderthals.

On the other hand... who cares! Continuity was never a strong point in 'Sliders'. If you start pointing out all the plot nits and errors this will be a long and boring thread.

i remember watching a documentary about how cro-magnon man took over from neanderthal man and humans (homo sapiens) came from them..

But the kro-maggs are named for the reason that they came from cro-magnon man, so one of these is wrong...

I think possibly when they did the series it hadn't been discovered that humans came from cro magnons and it used to be thought at that time that humans came from neanderthal, so they decided "what if this other race has evolved? and came up with the kro-maggs...

i dunno.. I wasnt trying to make a big deal, just wondering what people thought? I didnt know about any of this stuff when I watched SLiders last, so it wasnt really a nitpick..

I understood your point, Markpud, and I think you are correct about why they named them Kromaggs and such. But, do you know if they actually say, in Sliders, that we were evolved from Neanderthals? I'm not nitpicking, I don't remember when they were first introduced, and would like to know.

dont remember to be honest, but i just learned that sliders is on again in the UK from the beginning so I guess I'll get chance to find out...

aww shucks :(

All sliders fans please give a donation to allow Asmiey to come over to the UK and watch it with us...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back