ROBERT RANKIN- Waiting For Godalming

I have now read, oh, about three or four Rankin books, but not that one. They're a little strange (This is saying something considering I read Pratchett) , but very good.

which is why i like him. this one is great, a lazlo woodbine one, which i am especially fond of!

Ahhh, I see, and agree. Very good craziness then. I've read 'The Garden of Unearthly delights'. No, wait, I think I've told you that. Anyway, it was the one last I read, and it was very good, confusing in places, but so's Pratchett to the uninitiated. I liked the whole mystery adn uncertainty of it, something I've found in Pratchett, but on a whole different level. Very good book, thinking back on it!

yopu will soon be mad too with cecil running around and pills, they help, thats what they;re for, right?

Sorry Skip, I'm still reading Armegeddon the Musical, I've only read four chapters, what with reading magazines and posting here, I don't have any time for serious reading!

And I agree, he is much weirder than Terry Pratchett or Douglas Adams.

I've just finished reading Waiting for Godalming - loved it. I am always pleased to see Barry turn up anywhere. Would have been nice to have had a few lines from Elvis tho

Have you read The Most Amazing Man who Ever Lived and the follow up, Raider of the Lost Car Park ?

The man is a genius

I've read some Terry Pratchett - but for laughs, Robert Rankin is your man

Just getting round to catching up on my reading now, and I've finally read Sex and Drugs and Sausage Rolls

Brilliant book - combines all my fave characters (O'Mally, Pooley and Neville etc) with my fave subject matter - time travel.

The idea of the whole of England having been taken over and run by Virgin and the beardy bloke branson was v.scary - don't laugh it could happen !!!!

So, I have literally just started reading Web Site Story - anyone finished it yet ?

web site story----

unfortunately no:( think it only one i not read. getting for birfhday:)
me faves have to be LAZLO WOODBINE, Barry (of course) Rex Mundi and Elvis:D:D:D