4.15: Chain Reaction

bel

Never thought I'd say this but I loved Maybourne in this ep.

I really am pleased he's out there again, even with that dreadful shirt!

I really did enjoy seeing Jack behave much more like an ex-special ops colonel. Hanging with that nice Dr Jackson has mellowed him too much. Speaking of which is this the first time this season that we have seen the 'distressed Daniel' pose (arms wrapped round body)? I thought someone had mentioned that this hadn't been evident for a while.

I havent posted on here before, been more of a lurker, but just had to say that I loved this episode. Kudos to the writers for one line that really sticks out in my mind:
Kinsey: "Given the choice half the people in America wouldn't vote, and those that do don't know what to do"!!!!

It was good to see Jack acting like the black ops guy that he's meant to have been. I missed the 'distressed Daniel' look.

i liked this epi as well, it was
good to see jack being a little tougher
i liked the bit where kinsey said to jack
to stop waving the gun at him,jack says,
i'm not waving it at you, i'm pointing it
at you. even maybourne wasn't as slimey as
usual.and just loved maybournes loud shirt
and the "riding of into the sunset" ending was
great...peachy
hi marie.

Welcome, Marie!

Hi! Marie,

Welcome to the forum. Thanks for posting. Glad you liked the episode! Gives me hope! Thought it would be another one like PoNR which was good but not...well. Out side of the Brits with certain Channels we in US don't see it for a month. So if you wish spoil us here in Season 4!

Hope you stay and post some more in different sections, too!
I hope we see you around!

Loved Maybourne on beach and Jack with gun!

[Edited by jsc on 12-24-2000 at 06:48 AM]

Re: Philip's Screen Captures

Originally posted by jsc
Loved Maybourne on beach and Jack with gun!

Love them too. Especially that one where's Jack with gun (pic 286 ;)).

Vera,

I sure loved the pictures...Jack with a gun ...(Hey, did that shirt look familiar or what!?) and Maybourne off into the sun set with his arms around a babe.

[Edited by jsc on 12-24-2000 at 06:49 AM]

Fantastic!

It was great - a real high to end on (for a while)
(OH, hope you don't mind a newbie jumping right on in)
Best lines: the voting thing, the gun pointing thing, and the references to Hannibal Lecter (Quid pro quo, and that awful shirt at the end)
And I'm glad Daniel was doing the arm thing, stopped his eyebrows and forehead wrinkling so much!

Did anyone notice the "Teal'c Joke" near the beginning of the ep where he's saying goodbye to Hammond.

something like ;

"When a warrior steps down from duty on Chulak they perform a ritual song."

"But we are not on Chulak". :)

Great ep .. It was great to see the other side of Maybourne's character - he's still got the "double-crossing" image but he's proved he's worth as a re-occuring character in my opinion.

As for that new General Chap - splitting up SG-1 - how dare he !

WELCOME SHO!

Hi Sho!

Please feel free to jump right in and post. If you can't find what you want make a new thread. The pull down menu at the bottom of the screen will help you navigate in our Stargate universe. We are a friendly forum and want your comments, quiries and questions. Just keep them 'g' rated and mind the spoilers!

Thanks bwaybaby79!

Jack goes out of his way to protect his people!

Slimy Maybourne will be back! Jack asked Hammond to buy back his soul! Kinsey threatened Daniel, Sam and Teal'c.

The press conference sceen is a good set up for 2010.

[Edited by jsc on 12-24-2000 at 06:50 AM]

Welcomes and comments

Welcomes to Sho and Marie, sorry for the slow reply.

I was glad to see 'CR'[via Philip's avi]. Not only for the much needed 'New Expsode Fix', but we - finially - got to get a glimpse of our 'Colonel Jack O'Neill' back in full form. The CO we'd follow into Hell. And the CO with some 'damned distastefull things' in his background that Maybourne just loved to rub his nose in. We get to see a glimpse of Jack as a real military man who has had to live in a world that doesn't give one the benifits of black and white... just countless variations of grey.

Good dialog, good acting.. Jack and Harry: the true 'Odd Couple'.

Have had the chance to read the script for "2010" and am really looking forward to how it'll translate into live action. Warm bodies always bring much more life to words - it'll be facinating to see how this evolves.

Looking forward to the rest of S4... especially to see who things are set up to lead us into S5.

I've always been a curious critter... :]

Hi,
Sorry, (fingers got carried away)
Has anyone ever made a collection of the "jokes" in the series (or 1 - 3 for that matter)? I think it would make a good show on it's own (for when we have to do without)
But I have to say, that for me Chain Reaction was just about the best episode ever.

Can't wait for 2010....

Try try the thread "Favorite Jack quotes" for starters. Vera posted many. One reason I love Stargate is Jack and his quotes. He gets some goodies off. I don't feel it is a special episode unless Jack says something wickedly funny!

Chain Reaction is up there for that reason alone!

It's great episode. The best of S4 (together with Window of Opportunity). I'm looking forward to the rest of S4. :)

definitely some classic jack quotes in this ep.
"the fact is, if it wasn't for sg1 you'd be sitting there with a snake in your head,instead of your head up your ---."
i just about busted a gut when he said that- it was just so jack!