Ah - Xena references are so much fun...

ewlyn

Proud Ringer & HCNB
This drives me crazy... and it happens all the time.

Some show called "Goodnight Sweetheart" is on BBC1 right now... I'm not really paying attention as I'm nurturing my new AsciFi.com forum addiction and the TV is really just on for background noice... but I just snapped to attention when one of the characters said "Xena, Warrior Princess". This happens all the time and then I always kick myself for *not* having paid attention.

LOL

Anyone else experience this fairly often? :D

Yup, I've had it happen. I think there was a reference on X-Files once. Mostly though I notice the MacGyver references. :D

"First Person Shooter" (season 7 XF ep) had a Xena reference. I can post it if you want it. :D

I guess I notice the Xena ones as it's so strange to hear a voice your not expecting to say "Xena"... and they never just say Xena... they always say "Xena: Warrior Princess". LOL

I know what you mean about hearing it and sounding strange. It seems like now any female character with an attitude is being compared to Xena: Warrior Princess. :D

Cheers,

I heard it once as i was changing the channels and flicked thru a soap opera "went something like and who are you supposed to be Xena the warrior princess."

Everyone's getting in on the act.

My favorite and most Ironic reference is in Stargate when Jack, the original McGyver, used his own reference about something in the show, which he coined by playing the role of McGyver.
that one had me rolling, people around me were afraid I'l lost it. ;) :cool: :D

The first time I ever noticed a reference to XWP was S.M. Stirling's "Island in the Sea of Time" - the first book of his latest trilogy. I laughed out loud when I read that sentance. That was almost 4 years ago...
CAM

LOL. My first Xena reference I noticed was in the second to last episode of Seinfeld... but I must admit that I seem to completely miss a lot. Catch the "ior princess" and by the time my brain has checked in, it's over.

A bit OT, but I loved Ray Park's self reference to Darth Maul which he put in The X-Men. ;) Very clever...