5 Greatest TV shows ever... a random poll

ewlyn

Proud Ringer & HCNB
I've somehow gotten into this discussion a number fo times over the past week.... so I now present it to you. What would you say are the 5 greatest television shows every made?

For me... they would have to be... in order...

Xena: Warrior Princess
Star Trek: Deep Space 9
Twin Peaks
The X-Files

and then I get stuck... it's a toss between Star Trek: The Next Generation, The Young Ones, American Gothic, and Spaced. Depending on the day... today I would probably pick Spaced. And I'm probably overlooking something. :D

only 5, that is far to hard.

It would include

Farscape, Stargate, Friends, Popular and probably The Outer Limits...

order.. ek...

I didn't include The Simpsons as i was not counting Cartoons :)

Hey Padders,

The Simpsons!! I forgot!

I know... 5 is really hard. But I have honestly been asked this very questions - by people who don't even know each other - several times.

I really like Farscape too... forgot about Farscape... haven't seen Popular as it hasn't aired on terrestrial TV here in the UK yet that I know of... I've been hearing good things about it though...

Oh! I like The Soprano's too!

So many to select from...

Cheers.

oh you need sky! Sky One is simply essential!

Popular is really good, i need to find out if they are going to do a second season, i sure hope so.

I do need Sky!

I'm in student housing - my husband is doing a Ph.D. - and we're not allowed to have fun stuff. :(

It's all very unfair... but luckily I have family and friends back in the states who tape a lot of stuff and mail it here. :D

And I have so many video tapes... I'm afraid my bookcase is going to cave in! LOL

--> chit chat

what is he doing, and where?
i am also student, but apparently where i am living next year has got sky digital installed, it is just a matter of getting a box and paying monthly... we shall see.

My Fav 5 shows...in no particular order are

Stargate
M*A*S*H
Star Trek :TNG
Due South
JAG

I know you asked for 5 greatest shows...but thats a hard one to pick...there are so many factors to consider.....

Seems like I have a thing for men in uniforms.......

Carkedit :dead:

*who loves American Gothic....*

omigod, the 5 greatest??

This is really a difficult question. I mean there are tons that i enjoy/have enjoyed but to say [Ithese five are the greatest is pretty near impossible...

I'd put Star Trek: TNG & Star Trek: DS9 right up there.

I enjoy the Simpsons, too. Twin Peaks was very unique: so was Northern Exposure. Frasier is very funny sometimes, and I was a big Seinfeld fan.

little star :star:

now if you had said the five greatest sci-fi shows, we coulda narrowed it down a bit...or did you say that?? I dunno, its late and the words are running into each other...

hehe

Originally posted by carkedit

Seems like I have a thing for men in uniforms.......

[/B]

Yeah you do seem to have that trend going...

:rolly2: :D :rolly2: :D

little star :star:

Yikes. My favorites? That changes from year to year.

How about the ones I won't miss when they're on?

Stargate
Star Trek [I'm calling it 1 but whichever is on I watch]
Babylon 5
Dark Angel
X-Files

:D

My faves:

1. Stargate SG-1
2. Outer Limits
3. M.A.S.H.
4. Star Trek
5. MacGyver

Ok here are my 5 Fav Tv shows ....

1. Star Trek
2. Stargate.
3. X files
4. Friends
5. Space 1999

Originally posted by carkedit

*who loves American Gothic....*

Ah Carkedit! I actually don't know anyone else who has ever even seen American Gothic. I loved that show... I cried when they cancelled that show.

Wasn't that that old cult programme... i can see it but cant explain it... who was the star in it....

What? American Gothic? No... it was Sam Raimi's (who is probably best known for Army of Darkness... and more recently A Simple Plan and The Gift) little pet project. About a small town... and the Devil... Bruce Campbell was in it... Sound familiar? It got cancelled after, like, 6 episodes or something. The SciFi channel sometimes reruns them.

Gary Cole was the star in it. He used to be in the midnight caller...cool 80's show...anyway, he had this rocking southern accent, and the little kid in it was AWESOME......can't remember his name at the mo.
The show was all about the devil and how he ran the town, everyone thought he was great until they owed him something, and the little kid was his son....but the kid hated him, the sheriff that is who was the devil in disguise...it was great...I was gutted they cancelled it.

Originally posted by Vera
My faves:

1. Stargate SG-1
2. Outer Limits
3. M.A.S.H.
4. Star Trek
5. MacGyver

ooh...4 outta 5 ain't bad!! LOL

Neo, I thought I was the last living person who liked Space 1999.

Thank you. I no longer feel alone. :D

Although I did fine a Space1999 pbem with a few diehard fans.;)

i know people will say i'm crazy for a few of these, but i REALLY don't care!!!

1. Saved By the Bell
2.Dawsons Creek
3.X Files
4.La Femme Nikita
5.The Pretender

p.s. the one thing that all these shows have in common besides great writing, etc.........REALLY HOT MEN!!:p

Back