A Forum Story...

I would have no problems working with such a talented group of peoples as yourselves, but all it would take is one person to destroy the flow of the story.

Unless Brian or the mods could limit posts or remove posts. Another suggestion would be if a mod acted as the 'chorus' and suggested the direction of the saga from the perspective of a narrative. Each participating member could play one character, which would give an excellent variety of dialogue and parameters for the development of these characters could be set in the private forum. There should be sufficient freedom for each writer to develop their character and have some fun.

I would love to be involved in this!

Sage advice would be needed from all peoples experienced on these boards. Turn taking could be problematic too.

The only mention of 'the herb' should come in the form of remedies or pipe weeds. The Party was Mein Kampf, I felt nauseous by the end. My apology to Brian was written with sincerity, and was also an apology to myself for degrading myself so openly. It was funny though....

I am about to get carried away with this idea....
We could be given Avatars for the story thread, along with house motto's, mantras etc etc

I am like a small child sometimes.

Well, no parties in the story then. I managed to miss the party because I decided to go to bed.

It teetered on the edge of an abyss... I tried to redeem myself by the end, with help from others (they know who they are), but redemption was beyond us all.

Hmmm, you must have been drinking whiskey. I read the thread, and...... well.

So, any definite plans for this story? I think it's a good idea.

First we need to decide loosely on a genre- SF or Fantasy.

I would prefer fantasy, but all those invited to participate should maybe vote on the key issues in mini polls.

Oh, dear. I'm so sorry, Brian...with all that has happened this month, I didn't look in here again until just now.:eek: Would you still like for me to organize this? I'd be quite willing to, although I'll need to think about it for a couple of days or so to set things up properly.

Just let me know.:)

Will do, then, Brian. It may take me two or three days to sort things out in my mind and get something up here to start out.

Whoever suggested a couple of polls to get things started, in the way of finding an initial direction, had a point I think, and so I'll probably start off that way.

This should be fun.:)

Myself and several friends did forum stories in the past, but they tended to get out of control.

But not before we'd managed to create an entire world called The Land of Thud, in which each thread represented a place, such as The Death Arena (for battles), Ye Olde Armoury Shop, The Death of Minds Inn, The Post Office, The Happy Farm (an abatoir where all the animals could speak and we're led to believe it was a happy place - they end up leading a revolution against the insipid forces of Chegwins who attempted a takeover of the planet), The Mysterious & Sinister Cloning Plant (from whence the Chegwins came), and tons of other places.

Like I said, it got completely out of control, due to lack of rules and people deleting posts in a temper, but it was great fun while it lasted.

I still have what's left of The Land of Thud here, if you're interested:
http://www.sensibilium.com/forum/index.php?act=SF&f=14

It doesn't make sense in a lot of places due to the aforementioned post deletions (a poster deleted his own, it wasn't a modding).

I did do already, I found that and voted before I found this thread, and thought my previous experiences may help in which routes not to take.

For example, threads representing places didn't work especially when everything was working on a strict timeline, so you had to know which posts in which threads to read in what order, to make any sense out of the entire story. And it became more difficult as more threads were created. Are you thinking of a single thread story rather than a set of threads?

Ahdkaw said:
For example, threads representing places didn't work especially when everything was working on a strict timeline, so you had to know which posts in which threads to read in what order, to make any sense out of the entire story. And it became more difficult as more threads were created. Are you thinking of a single thread story rather than a set of threads?
I was actually thinking along the lines of having a story thread and a working thread. The working thread would serve as a first draft area, and then after a bit of organization so that the story flows in a coherent manner, posting chapters or sections in order on the story thread. This is because I envision something a little more organized than the thread we had going for so long in which each person, at whim, wrote a further three words in a go-where-it-will story. This is, of course, up for discussion, as we are still in very early times in getting this thing arranged.:)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E Workshop 11
H Workshop 33
H Workshop 100
L Workshop 38
L Workshop 3