A Forum Story...

dwndrgn

Fierce Vowelless One
Has anyone here created a story by using a 'roundtable' approach? For example, we decide on a plot, then each member joins in, creates a character for themselves and creates some sort of action. Each person must describe their character as if they have not been encountered before, just as if that character were being introduced in a novel, and tell the story of their scene. These scenes would be short and include only what their character would see, hear and do. Anyone interested in starting one here? It's almost like playing an RPG without the dice.

That's a very interesting idea - sort of, a collective story? Very interesting indeed - if anyone can chime in with how to make this story a reality then we could make it a very real feature of this site. We could discuss elements on a private board, then create the public version...hm, I really like this idea. :)

Sounds fun to me. I've done this sort of thing before, but it's always taken the form of everyone adding a bit on to one long random story- I agree it would be a good idea to work the plot out a bit afterwards. And not let people do mean things like kill off my characters so I have to bring them back as ghosts and then exorcise them so I have to bring them back as the ghosts of ghosts...

Sounds like a very good idea. I would definitelt be interested in participating.

Yep, sounds like fun:). We can write a story about a bunch of people from all over the world who try to sit down and write a roundtable story:D. Of course, we will have to include how power and money corrupt their souls (that is after the story is published, three million copies of it sold and two movies made:rolleyes:- include the mad professor laugh here...).

The story ends with our bunch of people on a tropical island somewhere in the pacific (owned by the bunch of people of course) discussing the philosophical issues of eating tuna vs. chicken and world peace of course;).

There should be an ominous end, however. Whether it will be an unsuccessful attempt by our bunch to brainwash the entire Earth population in a drive for world domination and the painful slow deaths of our characters that result from the failure or something just as apocalyptic- bad cooking, wearing white socks with suits and ties etc.:)

The personal drama and inner contradictions of the characters are greatly appreciated- Hawaiian shirt or t-shirt, orange juice or apple juice, cable or satellite dish, immortality of the soul vs hmm, something... And to emphasize that it is purely fictional we can throw in a reference to the Cubs winning a world series:D... at least people will know we are joking:).

Chefo

If we have the Cubs winning a world series, nobody will take us seriously, trust me on it;).

Chefo

P.S. Do we link the yaks with global warming:D? And, are we to kill them off or fight for their preservation?

How about the story starts in a bar/tavern so that it's easy to get chracters incorporated into the story. From there anything can happen. May not be too original at first but if we work at it something may come.

It could be great fun, but there would need to be some discussion on a private board. The party board was absolute garbage but it had its moments. How would participation be qualified?

The four trials of the Golden Staff.

1) Slay the Dragon of Ithaca

2)Steal the quuen of Hyperdotia and win her to bed without use of intimidation or guile (note: If your a woman then you may steal the king)

3) Tame the magical horse Pegasus

4) Ride said horse to the summit of Olympos Mons (in Greece, not on Mars) and beg admission at the feet of Zeus himself.

Yes- it would be fun. Peter, we could put you into the story. That would be funny.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E Workshop 11
H Workshop 33
H Workshop 100
L Workshop 38
L Workshop 3