Favourite Batman?

Dave

Non Bio
Staff member
Hi David, I voted for Michael Keaton. Though George Clooney is a close second.

No problem with the poll. Wish I'd thought of it.

Annette.:D

i voted for michael keaton, but i liked val kilmer as well, the worst batman i thought was (whisper) george clooney, sorry,...peachy

Michael Keaton, I had to vote for him since those Batman films with him (in my opinion) were the greatest! :D

TaTa
07.gif

I had to vote for Keaton. He's just IMHO the closest to the comic book character, or the one portrayed in the later comics. All of the others are too chatty, and just don't seem to fit the role.

I do think Clooney would have done well if the script hadn't stunk so hard. He's got that mysterious aura, but he just talked too darn much, and the story was horrible to me.

I think my favorite Batman portrayer is Kevin Conroy; who does the voice characterizations of Bruce Wayne in both the animated series from a couple of years ago and Batman Beyond now. I know, he's not doing the physical stuff, but his voice fits so perfectly! :D

As I said in the other thread, I'm all for giving Michael W. Weiss a chance. He's constantly dark and brooding in his tv show, and does the tortured character thing well.

Val Kilmer!!! He had that dark haunted look about him, one that made you realize just why he was living in a cave.

I voted Michael Keaton - just too cool for words...

Hey Dave, who did you cast your vote for?

If I was basing my vote purely on looks, I'd say George Clooney, but Batman and Robin was terrible! I think it was declared the film "The christmas turkey" over here in the UK.

MK was the best Batman. Cool, calm, right amount of humor, v, good!!!! :cool:

Michael Keaton is winning hands down. Pity the makers and writers of Batman do not listen to the fans who they think is the best.

annette :D

Originally posted by Annette
Michael Keaton is winning hands down. Pity the makers and writers of Batman do not listen to the fans who they think is the best.

annette :D

the audience is always right! ;)

Originally posted by Tabitha
I voted Michael Keaton - just too cool for words...

Hey Dave, who did you cast your vote for?

You know I'd completely forgotten, it was so long ago, but it must have been Michael Keaton, since he's winning 10 to 1.

I can't beleive I am the only one who voted for Adam West. Although his Batman was greatly different than all the other it was a great representation of the stories produced in the 50's and 60's. Yhe Joker's ultlity belt, the Riddlers Silent movie crime wave, and others were all Comic Book stories first. Beside unlike Michal Keaton Adam West looks like he can beat up a bad guy.

ZachWZ

Originally posted by ZachWZ
Adam West looks like he can beat up a bad guy.
ZachWZ

Yeah, but Adam West was sooo camp. (Don't get me started on Robin!) ;) :D ;)

I like Adam West in his role as the insane mayor "Adam West" in the animated show Family Guy.

Has he improved with age? Looks as well as acting??????

annette :p

Favorite Batmen

I like Adam West in his role as the insane mayor "Adam West" in the animated show Family Guy.

You made me chuckle, Mr West's voice was also in the 1st Star Wars Parody, very cool.

I still haven't seen the 1940's Batman yet, and George's heart just wasn't in the role, so Mr Clooney is out.

ADAM WEST - the suave, good natured and flashy

MICHAEL KEATON - the strong silent type and angry

VAL KILMER - friendly as Bruce Wayne and serious as Batman

CHRISTIAN BALE - complexed and fierce